Alan Nixon transfer debacle 16/17

North_Stand_Ram

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Not sure I'd like Martin much if he played/sulked like he did against Burton, and numerous times before. Best years are behind him, for me. 

Assombalonga, for me, is obviously the best option. His attributes would suit Vydra perfectly, but surely there's no chance of that happening!

Great player but has had his fair share of injury problems...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Not sure I'd like Martin much if he played/sulked like he did against Burton, and numerous times before. Best years are behind him, for me. 

Assombalonga, for me, is obviously the best option. His attributes would suit Vydra perfectly, but surely there's no chance of that happening!

Agree about Martin. We have seen the best of him imo. 

0 goals in 14 apps now. No goals from open play since October. 

We need to sell him now whilst his previous good scoring return is still fresh in the memory. Cos if he carries on like this. Theres only one way his value is gonna go. 

If we offered Forest the £10 million for Assombalonga. They will sell. Fawaz aint calling the shots there anymore. 

Afobe too. Not played a single minute of prem football yet this season. Im sure if we offered Bournemouth the same amount they would sell and Afobe would jump at the chance to come to a bigget club and be the main striker. 

9 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I would guess so mate yeah.

Think if we are bidding that amount of money for Kodjia then NP is clearly wanting another striker in. 

I dont think he likes Martin at all. Bent started the season. But was completely ineffective so he had no choice but to stick Martin in.

I am 110% certain Kodjia will not be the only target. But I dont know who they are. 

Assombalonga or Afobe would be ideal and for the money we are willing to spend on Kodjia we could get either of them in my opinion.

Also worth noting that Assombalonga and Afobe are both only 23 so could potentially represent better value for money. 

Surely we don't have a cat in hells chance of getting Assombalonga no matter the price? Forest selling him to us would bring the entire morale of them down...

4 minutes ago, FrostedRam said:

Don't think bent has been totally ineffective. He created more opportunities on Friday night in 20 mins than martin created in 70. 

Bent isn't good enough for us anymore unfortunately. He got the nod ahead of Martin in a system that *should* have suited him better. But still Martin got his place back and has kept it despite doing nothing at all as of yet this season.

Truth of the matter is at no point have we been a better side with Bent in the team. He scored something like 12 goals in 19 games season before last and we still went plummeting down the table. We are clearly in for another striker. That would be three signed in a week, it's clear that neither Martin nor Bent are really in Pearson's plans judging by his transfer activity. Martin will be more likely to go as we'll get decent money for him. Bent would likely be free, or even a loan but we'd still probably need to subsidise his wages to get him gone. There's no point keeping him if we get another striker in because once our squad is finalised he won't even have a place on the bench.

Just now, GeneralRam said:

Surely we don't have a cat in hells chance of getting Assombalonga no matter the price? Forest selling him to us would bring the entire morale of them down...

I think Fawaz dont have much say. 

Forest are skint mate. They would sell to anyone if the price is right.

9 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I would guess so mate yeah.

Think if we are bidding that amount of money for Kodjia then NP is clearly wanting another striker in. 

I dont think he likes Martin at all. Bent started the season. But was completely ineffective so he had no choice but to stick Martin in.

I am 110% certain Kodjia will not be the only target. But I dont know who they are. 

Assombalonga or Afobe would be ideal and for the money we are willing to spend on Kodjia we could get either of them in my opinion.

Also worth noting that Assombalonga and Afobe are both only 23 so could potentially represent better value for money. 

morning lads, strong rumors down here its you hull, wba in for kodjia, if i was you id let them two fight it out for him, £14 million is ******* crazy for him, hes a decent championship stricker but thats about it,  best of luck for the rest of the season.

4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

We need to sell him now whilst his previous good scoring return is still fresh in the memory. Cos if he carries on like this. Theres only one way his value is gonna go. 

If we offered Forest the £10 million for Assombalonga. They will sell. Fawaz aint calling the shots there anymore. 

Afobe too. Not played a single minute of prem football yet this season. Im sure if we offered Bournemouth the same amount they would sell and Afobe would jump at the chance to come to a bigget club and be the main striker. 

Vydra has hardly scored any goal recently,  but you are giving him a chance. 

3 minutes ago, ciderarmy said:

morning lads, strong rumors down here its you hull, wba in for kodjia, if i was you id let them two fight it out for him, £14 million is ******* crazy for him, hes a decent championship stricker but thats about it,  best of luck for the rest of the season.

Boom

Cheers for this... Always thought this guy looked only semi decent... Not the kind of player who'd be a long term buy if we have premier league ambitions...

2 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Vydra has hardly scored any goal recently,  but you are giving him a chance. 

Martin only scored 5 more than Vydra did last season. Keep in mind that Vydra played for Reading who struggled a lot and he wasn't even a regular starter. 

10 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Mack, for Christs sake get on the phone to Pearson and let him know about Assom and Afobe

before we do anything silly.

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Boom

Cheers for this... Always thought this guy looked only semi decent... Not the kind of player who'd be a long term buy if we have premier league ambitions...

we have no need to sell and it seems like we cant get him out the door quick enough should tell you every thing.

23 minutes ago, FrostedRam said:

Don't think bent has been totally ineffective. He created more opportunities on Friday night in 20 mins than martin created in 70. 

When were these Bent opportunities then?  Martin was involved in the build up to Butterfields chance, played the 1-2 with Russell for Russell's chance, and engineered himself a decent shooting chance that was blocked. I honestly cannot remember Bent doing anything other than being caught offside.

3 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Even if he doesn't come to Derby, but goes to a PL team, think it weakens Brizzle, which helps us.

That said, they beat Villa 3-1 without him.. 

if we get ant thing like £14 million for him im sure we have players lined up to replace him , we already have players coming in from europe, much better value for money.

Archived