Missing: Chris Martin and Tom Ince

Sexydadbod

Just now, McLovin said:

Surely that's even worse then that he only plays well when the team plays well? If he is starved of the ball then come deeper then or move out wide, don't just stay in the middle sulking

I actually think the opposite. Chrissy too often finds himself deep or wide, which is not helpful when we are attacking as he should be in the 6 yard box.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Surely that's even worse then that he only plays well when the team plays well? If he is starved of the ball then come deeper then or move out wide, don't just stay in the middle sulking

Obviously that statement isn't definitive, the two go hand in hand for most strikers bar those that are world class. 

If you watch Martin closely you'll find he does mate. This fantasy he stands solely in the middle sulking is a bit tiresome, today was a perfect example to see it too, obviously been told to get in those channels and try and win us something. Unfortunately for us every ball seemed to be a diagonal long pass and the majority were poor and overhit. When we found out it wasn't working about 30 minutes in I'd have like to have seen us have a different approach but that didn't happen and we continued to cut out the midfield completely. Madness. 

Exactly @Mr Tibbs

How many times would you poke yourself in the eye before you think "this doesn't work for me". 

Utterly stupid football. 

I don't know who to blame. Was it under instruction? Was it players rushing due to pressure? Was it because Hughes was deep all game and would have appreciated the space that DID exist in the "number 10" position better than anyone else? Should someone, somewhere have tried to vary the approach.

When in the last few years have we played our best stuff by skipping the most forward midfielder in our staggered 3? When? Ever? 

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

All ******* game that number 10 playmaker space existed. All game. And we used it rarely and poorly. 

Diagonals and high crosses.

Stupid idiots deserve to lose 3-0.

Exactly mate. I would have personally brought Baird on for Johnson then let Hughes do his stuff in the no 10

23 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Obviously that statement isn't definitive, the two go hand in hand for most strikers bar those that are world class. 

If you watch Martin closely you'll find he does mate. This fantasy he stands solely in the middle sulking is a bit tiresome, today was a perfect example to see it too, obviously been told to get in those channels and try and win us something. Unfortunately for us every ball seemed to be a diagonal long pass and the majority were poor and overhit. When we found out it wasn't working about 30 minutes in I'd have like to have seen us have a different approach but that didn't happen and we continued to cut out the midfield completely. Madness. 

image.png

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

Exactly mate. I would have personally brought Baird on for Johnson then let Hughes do his stuff in the no 10

If he'd have brought Baird on today and we'd have lost 3-0 all hell would have broke loose

This team is not good enough to get us up,, it's that simple and by team I include manager and coaches ,, close? ,,, capable of looking fantastic at times?yes players who look capable of getting in any championship team? Yes but as a team they have shown they don't have what it takes to get us up when the chips are down they can not be depended on to even be a shadow of its best performances,, if Mel is serious then it needs a proper manager now , allowed to manage and patience from us and Mel to build a team that can get us there and perhaps the rebuild that one to keep us there and compete,,, it's that simple ,, much as it hurts we are not good enough when the chips are down

5 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Says something when this Derby's 4th best season since 2000.

Better to have not tried and not failed than to have tried and failed?? 

Being average is the new being quite good

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

All ******* game that number 10 playmaker space existed. All game. And we used it rarely and poorly. 

Diagonals and high crosses.

Stupid idiots deserve to lose 3-0.

They might.but do we? long suffering fans deserve better. We need a proper manager ,to achieve him we need a good owner and management team.Right now we don't have one.

I wish I hadn't turned up. How many shots did we have? I can remember 1 on target. We were very poor and the better team has won so let's give them credit. Put some fringe players in next game please, Blackman, camara etc and see what they can do. We know exactly what the usually crew can do and that isn't a lot! 

6 hours ago, McLovin said:

If you find them please let me know. In all seriousness I can count how many times both have played well in big games between them. Especially Martin! Both go missing when we need them both. Martin was absolutely useless today. He should be ashamed to wear our shirt. I get that players have off days but at least do something instead of moping around and feeling sorry for yourself blaming your teammates. We should stop building our team around Martin, lets be honest any of us lot on this forum would do well in  this team if it was built to suit our game. Instead we should build our team around those who want to win and dont go hiding like Will Hughes.

Oh and by the way, don't EVER underestimate a team again especially in the play offs. Just because we thrashed them in the league didn't mean we would thrash them again. The way some people played down Hull before the game was a joke.  I'd rather not talk about Wassall. I just hope he has the shame to resign. Rant over. Good to get off my chest

Martin played well today but for some reason our midfield players didn't make the runs needed to feed off him.

Archived