Missing: Chris Martin and Tom Ince

Sexydadbod

If you find them please let me know. In all seriousness I can count how many times both have played well in big games between them. Especially Martin! Both go missing when we need them both. Martin was absolutely useless today. He should be ashamed to wear our shirt. I get that players have off days but at least do something instead of moping around and feeling sorry for yourself blaming your teammates. We should stop building our team around Martin, lets be honest any of us lot on this forum would do well in  this team if it was built to suit our game. Instead we should build our team around those who want to win and dont go hiding like Will Hughes.

Oh and by the way, don't EVER underestimate a team again especially in the play offs. Just because we thrashed them in the league didn't mean we would thrash them again. The way some people played down Hull before the game was a joke.  I'd rather not talk about Wassall. I just hope he has the shame to resign. Rant over. Good to get off my chest

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't think Martin was any worse than the 10 other culprits. The only hope of creating anything today came from his balls around the corners and flick ons. 

Although there is no point in playing Martin up top on his own if we're going to constantly supply him with long balls when he's up against Dawson and Davies - crazy tactics. 

Apart from a handful of games, have we EVER looked convincing this season?

This talk about "bottlers" is nonsense. The simple fact is that we are not good enough.

On Matchday Chat today people were saying Hull are crap. Again, rubbish, they did exactly all they needed to do today.

3 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Didn't think Martin was any worse than the 10 other culprits. The only hope of creating anything today came from his balls around the corners and flick ons. 

Although there is no point in playing Martin up top on his own if we're going to constantly supply him with long balls when he's up against Dawson and Davies - crazy tactics. 

Not just this game though. The only game where I think of Martin playing well in a big game was Brighton in 13/14. He has been awful in the games that we need him. Thinking of both games against Boro, Burnley amd the play off final in particular, becoming a regular habit. Put any decent centre back on him and he is awful.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Oh look you again. Still think Hull are crap?

I bet you can't find any posts where I've said that, although I assume you'll shy away from that.

Picking any players out from that heap of rubbish as being particularly bad is just pure nonsense though. Nobody comes out with any credit today.

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

I bet you can't find any posts where I've said that, although I assume you'll shy away from that.

Picking any players out from that heap of rubbish as being particularly bad is just pure nonsense though. Nobody comes out with any credit today.

Maybe not, so many comments from you which I don't quite understand

Martin and Ince are meant to be our match winners when we need them most

Let's get one thing straight. Hull did everything better than us today. Even to an extent they played our trademark style of quick passing and counter attacking better than us, they completely deserved that 3rd goal. Forget pinning this on anyone, as a club we looked nervous and looked like we had just carried on for the moment Thorne went down. Players needed composure.

We go again

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Not just this game though. The only game where I think of Martin playing well in a big game was Brighton in 13/14. He has been awful in the games that we need him. Thinking of both games against Boro, Burnley amd the play off final in particular, becoming a regular habit. Put any decent centre back on him and he is awful.

Wouldn't say regular habit, the games you mention also coincide with the team playing poorly too. When that seems to happen the end result is just like today, no service and an isolated Chris Martin. Last sentence is harsh, he's faced plenty of decent centre backs at this level and come out on top, you don't keep bagging goals and assisting others if you're a one dimensional player which is extinguished by any decent defender.

Starve him of the ball and he's awful because he's not in the game. 

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Maybe not, so many comments from you which I don't quite understand

Martin and Ince are meant to be our match winners when we need them most

I didn't think you'd find anything.

As for why I post 'so many comments', that tends to be what people do on a forum. 

3 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I didn't think you'd find anything.

As for why I post 'so many comments', that tends to be what people do on a forum. 

151 - that's my daily allowance.

5 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Wouldn't say regular habit, the games you mention also coincide with the team playing poorly too. When that seems to happen the end result is just like today, no service and an isolated Chris Martin. Last sentence is harsh, he's faced plenty of decent centre backs at this level and come out on top, you don't keep bagging goals and assisting others if you're a one dimensional player which is extinguished by any decent defender.

Starve him of the ball and he's awful because he's not in the game. 

Surely that's even worse then that he only plays well when the team plays well? If he is starved of the ball then come deeper then or move out wide, don't just stay in the middle sulking

Archived