Looks like we might be the underdogs. Or everybody hates us.

5 hours ago, Howard Canitbé said:

For anybody that has Twitter, click on the thing to vote and see the results. For those that wisely stay away from such sites, the standings at the time of posting:

Brighton 30%

Derby 20%

Hull 23%

Sheffield Wednesday 27%

Possible reasons:
 - Vote represents proportion fans of each club that are actually on Twitter who have voted for their own club.
 - People vote against their least favourite out of a weird spite.
 - We're actually the underdogs, despite our pre-season favourites for promotion tag.

I find this quite reassuring - makes me think that proportionally to the other 3 clubs, we have more fans who have actually got a real life and stay away from Twitter. Therefore not surprised Brighton are favourites.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Howard Canitbé said:

Oi! I could have been a top poster, I just didn't want to be.

I had trials at the old BBC 606 page, don't you know!?

I think BBC 606 wanted to put me on trial too for crimes against hilarity.

Hughton just being quoted as saying how difficult it has been to pick his players up after Middlesbrough. 

They may struggle. 

It's easy for any so called expert to extrapolate from us losing a first team midfielder to injury to conclude we're outsiders. Our last 3 results also helped their superficial analysis.

2 minutes ago, Howard Canitbé said:

I believe it was something like RAMpant followed by a series of numbers I can't remember.

Don't judge me too harshly, I was about 15 at the time.

I remember you. Quite a steady poster. Carry on.... lol

16 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

which face is it? Is it the "I cannot tell if I'm in" face that was plastered over the Mirror front page?

Yes ugh. And bits covered by our badge. Had to throw my mouse mat away, it was giving me flashbacks. 

And it was all before he was our manager.  Bad times. 

9 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Hughton just being quoted as saying how difficult it has been to pick his players up after Middlesbrough. 

They may struggle. 

It's easy for any so called expert to extrapolate from us losing a first team midfielder to injury to conclude we're outsiders. Our last 3 results also helped their superficial analysis.

Straight away I can't think more obvious (and poor) mindgame attempt.

Doesn't really affect us if Brighton have a hangover from missing auto s , we can only meet them at Wembley , now they may go into the semi s with a hangover and lose because of it but if they win the semi s and get to Wembley it's pretty much blown away the hangover and they go to Wembley lifted by victory and fully focused on the job in hand,,, not saying we can't beat them if we get there and they do too but missing auto promotion won't really be a factor by then

PistoldPete2
4 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I'm not entirely surprised to be honest. Brighton and Hull have had better seasons, while Wednesday have more fans. Simple really.

Do Sheffield Wednesday have more fans than Derby? Why don't they go to their games then? I think the votes are driven by the gay vote for Brighton, the Premier league vote for Hull, and as for Wednesday I don't know but they have looked the best of the other three in our recent games. Plus we have had a habit of playing badly when the Sky cameras are on us. 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Do Sheffield Wednesday have more fans than Derby? Why don't they go to their games then? I think the votes are driven by the gay vote for Brighton, the Premier league vote for Hull, and as for Wednesday I don't know but they have looked the best of the other three in our recent games. Plus we have had a habit of playing badly when the Sky cameras are on us. 

Futurama-Fry.jpg

3 hours ago, archied said:

Doesn't really affect us if Brighton have a hangover from missing auto s , we can only meet them at Wembley , now they may go into the semi s with a hangover and lose because of it but if they win the semi s and get to Wembley it's pretty much blown away the hangover and they go to Wembley lifted by victory and fully focused on the job in hand,,, not saying we can't beat them if we get there and they do too but missing auto promotion won't really be a factor by then

I think if we get to Wembley, I might just manage a semi, also.......

Archived