Timi Max Elsnik

Derbados

3 hours ago, seths-cap said:

Love seeing players make the step up, I just hope if we appoint a new manager in the summer they continue to bleed them through. 

Hansons looked brilliant this season. Kept hearing him mentioned as he was coming through the youth setup and now look, perfect back up for Thorne. 

Sure this lad with get his chance, would be nice to see a substitute appearance in last two league games but I suppose we need to use them to get the rust off a couple of the bench warmers. #LetRazzaRun

Clement seemed to be going for 2 'proven' experienced players for each position but it feeling much better when your backups are academy players.

Perhaps a realistic aim could be to have a matchday squad of all first team players with youngsters coming in when anyone is injured. Seems a waste to have players on first team wages not even in the squad, although you have to accept you might struggle a bit if you have a few injuries in the same position. But this is when the youngsters get their chance.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, seths-cap said:

Love seeing players make the step up, I just hope if we appoint a new manager in the summer they continue to bleed them through. 

Hansons looked brilliant this season. Kept hearing him mentioned as he was coming through the youth setup and now look, perfect back up for Thorne. 

Sure this lad with get his chance, would be nice to see a substitute appearance in last two league games but I suppose we need to use them to get the rust off a couple of the bench warmers. #LetRazzaRun

Can't agree with your assessment of Hanson. To say he's looked brilliant he has to be judged by Championship level regardless of age and experience - Will looked the part from Day 1. I would say Hanson's been solid and workmanlike - promising but needs to settle on one position and develop in that role. Too many players have failed to improve by being classed as 'versatile'.

seths-cap
2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Can't agree with your assessment of Hanson. To say he's looked brilliant he has to be judged by Championship level regardless of age and experience - Will looked the part from Day 1. I would say Hanson's been solid and workmanlike - promising but needs to settle on one position and develop in that role. Too many players have failed to improve by being classed as 'versatile'.

Well, when I say brilliant I mean for a lad making his break through. There's some polishing of to do but he looks a very good prospect. Goes in a little too eager some times in the tackle but at least that shows he's keen. Your right with what you say, needs to identify his strongest position and I personally believe that is in the middle three.

Will was a class above, remember watching him come on and play down the wing, think it was against Peterborough. His passing and movement was already Quality. Can't remember who he replaced, which is probably a good thing, would hate to think of who it was.

2 hours ago, seths-cap said:

Well, when I say brilliant I mean for a lad making his break through. There's some polishing of to do but he looks a very good prospect. Goes in a little too eager some times in the tackle but at least that shows he's keen. Your right with what you say, needs to identify his strongest position and I personally believe that is in the middle three.

Will was a class above, remember watching him come on and play down the wing, think it was against Peterborough. His passing and movement was already Quality. Can't remember who he replaced, which is probably a good thing, would hate to think of who it was.

He came on for Ward against Peterborough

seths-cap
38 minutes ago, 11carl00 said:

He came on for Ward against Peterborough

Well not to bad then. Thought it was going to someone like Gary Teale.

seths-cap
29 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Hanson is a man marker

Agreed, think he's also capable of playing in one of the two centre mid role but will definitely end up being a very good CDM.

4 hours ago, seths-cap said:

I didn't see that first appearance, but I remember his full debut - last day of the season at home against Peterborough - it's honestly the best debut I've ever seen of any Derby player, full signing or academy player.  He just looked so much better than anyone on the pitch - passing, first touch, movement, vision, close control, he,looked like he had everything already.  I can't remember ever coming away from a match so excited to see a player play again.

seths-cap
5 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

I didn't see that first appearance, but I remember his full debut - last day of the season at home against Peterborough - it's honestly the best debut I've ever seen of any Derby player, full signing or academy player.  He just looked so much better than anyone on the pitch - passing, first touch, movement, vision, close control, he,looked like he had everything already.  I can't remember ever coming away from a match so excited to see a player play again.

What do you mean "you didn't see that first appearance"?

His debut was off the bench at Posh, right? Then he started his first game at home vs Posh last game of the season?

seths-cap

Right. Can't believe how long ago it was. Makes you think how far the clubs come. Fingers crossed we get to see how Will and co preform in the Premiership in the not so distant future. Obviously in a Derby shirt :ph34r:

seths-cap
8 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Think we should change this to the Will Hughes Appreciation Thread!:D

Sorry. Though starting a Will Hughes Appreciation Thread would probably be a good idea.

7 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Clement seemed to be going for 2 'proven' experienced players for each position but it feeling much better when your backups are academy players.

Perhaps a realistic aim could be to have a matchday squad of all first team players with youngsters coming in when anyone is injured. Seems a waste to have players on first team wages not even in the squad, although you have to accept you might struggle a bit if you have a few injuries in the same position. But this is when the youngsters get their chance.

The Holy Grail of the Derby Way

23 hours ago, Derbados said:

Scored again for the U18's today, looking a wonderful prospect. His touch and technique are absolutely superb, he reminds me a lot of Patrick Bamford 

Were there any scouts from Barca or Arsenal watching?

44 minutes ago, Rampage said:

The Holy Grail of the Derby Way

Answer me these questions three, afore the other side ye see.....

Archived