Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

10 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I would like to see us take a gamble on Keane, largely because I do believe the team that does will reap the benefits. 

It's a fairly easy example of his quality, as he did score five goals, and his fourth is one of the best finishes you will ever see, but you do get to see what his build up play is about. I think the very first clip of him (or one of the first) is him picking the ball out of the air onto his chest and getting it down quickly. 

He's not done it at first team level, but cream always rises to the top. I'm all for taking these types of gambles, but we're the sort of club that seems to wait for him to have a good six months and then show interest. 

Out of interest how old is that clip?

Certainly seemed to have some pace and make good runs.

If we're going for a bit more pace up top then bent won't last forever so someone like will Keane could be a good development option.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Boss said:

Fosu-Mensah told he can leave Man Utd. Think he would be a fantastic addition

If that's true then Mourinho has well and truly lost the plot. I know quite a few Man Utd fans and they said one of the few good things Van Gaal did last season was to bring Fosu-Mensah through. They really rate him and so do a lot of Man Utd fans reading views on the internet. 

24 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Januzaj and Mensah will all be highly sought after... Even the more realistic targets such as McNair / Blackett or Wilson are not improvements on our first team regulars so can't see the need

Mcnnair seems to be staying.... blacketts gone.... wilson is no better than bent.... as for other two forget it. 

Not an actual suggestion but looking back at who we have out wide now, the money spent and the actual success or lack of in these players.... i think one of the worst decisions in recent history was letting jamie ward leave on a free.... still better than most we have spent millions on.... terrible decision and whoever was responsible for it needs to have a long look at themselves in the mirror.

On 28/07/2016 at 23:55, Ambitious said:

I would like to see us take a gamble on Keane, largely because I do believe the team that does will reap the benefits. 

It's a fairly easy example of his quality, as he did score five goals, and his fourth is one of the best finishes you will ever see, but you do get to see what his build up play is about. I think the very first clip of him (or one of the first) is him picking the ball out of the air onto his chest and getting it down quickly. 

He's not done it at first team level, but cream always rises to the top. I'm all for taking these types of gambles, but we're the sort of club that seems to wait for him to have a good six months and then show interest. 

Totally agree, from watching that I'd love to take a chance on him, what kind of price would he be available for do you think?

Is it even realistic though? Would pearson have his eye on him?

If we can spend 2.5m on blackman, then surely I'd put 5m up for this guy from the start!, maybe 5m + blackman.

I think he would link up great with Martin

37 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

Totally agree, from watching that I'd love to take a chance on him, what kind of price would he be available for do you think?

Is it even realistic though? Would pearson have his eye on him?

If we can spend 2.5m on blackman, then surely I'd put 5m up for this guy from the start!, maybe 5m + blackman.

I think he would link up great with Martin

I'm very confident in saying Will Keane would cost nowhere near £5 million, probably more like £1 million. He's 23 so not exactly a young prospect anymore, has had numerous injuries throughout his career, has a poor scoring record at senior level and is surplus to requirements at Man United.

4 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I'm very confident in saying Will Keane would cost nowhere near £5 million, probably more like £1 million. He's 23 so not exactly a young prospect anymore, has had numerous injuries throughout his career, has a poor scoring record at senior level and is surplus to requirements at Man United.

I'm more worried that he think man Utd would consider Blackman as a swap deal + 5million.

think someone's started the 6 week holidays playing too much football manager.

2 minutes ago, KBB said:

I'm more worried that he think man Utd would consider Blackman as a swap deal + 5million.

think someone's started the 6 week holidays playing too much football manager.

It was a joke :lol:, enjoy your time off ;)

I just don't rate blackman at all....

Think he would be a good gamble for us to go for

55 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Agree totally.... think would maybe be a free too... dire scoring record though dire

19 hours ago, DerbyRam! said:

I just don't rate blackman at all....

Think he would be a good gamble for us to go for

I thought the same last season. But he has proven me wrong by going about things the right way in preseason. And he actually offers us a more direct threat in our squad. He runs at people, towards the goal, and because of his size and height could become fairly dangerous for us. Can hit it hard from range too, just need to get some consistency in hitting target. I'm willing to give him a chance those season.

Still not convinced on Will Keane though, doesn't excel at much and looked poor despite scoring against us when I've seen him

On 26.7.2016 at 22:00, Kamikaze said:

Rafael Van der Vaart linked with Reading!? I know we don't need another midfielder but damn...

Heard some rumours about him. Reading is still on list, but FC Midtjylland is strongly linked too.

Maybe his legs are totally gone? He never was fast but if he's even slower, then Danish league would suit him better.

Archived