Ull look terrible

irobinson

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

From one person on their forum

Masterstroke by SB today at Bolton. Derby will have had spies watching this taking notes and making assessments on how to counteract our style of play and what our players can do. Derby have learned **** all about us today in our current form. That was a League Cup team and nothing like what will face them in the play-off games. Todays game and the Rotherham game next week are meaningless, there is a far bigger prize on offer so why would anyone give the advantage to an opponent by playing their strongest hand so that it could be picked apart and analysed ready for the important games. I don't believe that momentum counts for anything as momentum usually stops at some point. What really counts is keeping the squad fit, keeping our tactics and game plan under wraps and keeping Derby guessing. That what we achieved today.

LOL.

Its good to always think of the positives, especially if you have to clutch at one when there are 0 others.
As for the line about it being a league cup team, I thought that todays team is more likely to be the team that faces us than the one who beat Brentford midweek.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need to keep playing our best team. By playing together in good form they'll only improve, Hull know how we play and what our likely first XI is anyway so we gain nothing by resting players. If they set up to stop us, we'll smash them. If they try and go toe-to-toe with us, we should smash them too, just like we did a few weeks ago. We've nothing to fear from Hull provided Derby turn up for both legs. 

19 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

if they set up to stop us.... that might actually work.

Unlike how they have set up in the other 2 games against us.

I think since we've stopped playing it out of the back teams have found it a lot harder to mark George, that and Bryson's off the ball running making space for him.

I just don't see the benefit of changing your team every week and then expecting an 11 to click for 2/3 huge games. Seems strange to me.

Hope we play our best side in the last two fixtures, with the exception of one or two changes. It's DCFC's duty as professionals to play a strong side at Brighton. It's a huge game. 

From Hull Forum via McLovin - Masterstroke by SB today at Bolton. Derby will have had spies watching this taking notes and making assessments on how to counteract our style of play and what our players can do. Derby have learned **** all about us today in our current form. That was a League Cup team and nothing like what will face them in the play-off games. Todays game and the Rotherham game next week are meaningless, there is a far bigger prize on offer so why would anyone give the advantage to an opponent by playing their strongest hand so that it could be picked apart and analysed ready for the important games. I don't believe that momentum counts for anything as momentum usually stops at some point. What really counts is keeping the squad fit, keeping our tactics and game plan under wraps and keeping Derby guessing. That what we achieved today.

Hull's version of Rampage

Hull can't be that bad if they're above us in the league. They've also beaten Burnley and Boro 3-0 this season, so it's quite clear that when they're on it, they are extremely dangerous.

Yeh we beat them twice. And? We also beat Preston 3-1 on the final day of the 2004/5 season before losing to them in the playoffs a week or so later. Boro beat Norwich twice last season (4-0 in one game) but got beat in the final.

There are different ways to approach the last few games. There will always be the risk of picking up an injury.

We will need to be at the top of our game to beat Hull.

3 hours ago, WystonRam said:

Personally against Brighton, i would start Bent and leave Martin out completely- he is too important for our style of play to risk getting injured

I would do the opposite. Martin's on a little bit of a goal drought again - 4 games without a goal if my memory's correct. But he's always been like this, half a dozen games without a goal, then hits 5 in 6. So our absolute main priority over the next 2 games should be to get Martin a goal, and hopefully kick off a scoring streak over the playoffs.  He's the kind of player that needs to keep playing aswell, putting him in and out of the team doesn't improve his game - the same with a few of our other players, Bryson in particular.

I try to imagine if I am the manager....and I know I have superior players, totally focussed on steamrolling teams, supremely confident they are going to win the playoffs. Would I be tinkering with line ups, resting players, worrying about injuries, giving reserves a run out in case...? Would I hell! I'd be picking my strongest team and showing what we can do. 

Also can't see any benefit in not getting practice for our best team against a Brighton team who will be going all out themselves. If we win we put down a marker..if we lose nothing lost really but we can learn and look where to improve..not just say 'oh it was a weakened side' anyway.

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

I try to imagine if I am the manager....and I know I have superior players, totally focussed on steamrolling teams, supremely confident they are going to win the playoffs. Would I be tinkering with line ups, resting players, worrying about injuries, giving reserves a run out in case...? Would I hell! I'd be picking my strongest team and showing what we can do. 

Sounds good to me............................when can you start? :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

There's literally around 40 games from just this season our scouting team can watch of Hull, hardly a "masterstroke" to just not turn up in one game.

Absolutely, like the two we gubbed them in - when it was ALL to play for. Mince. 

Archived