Brighton and Hove Albion v Derby County

eddie

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

I thought Brighton were a bit of a joke absolutely pathetic diving and rolling about

knockeart should have been sent off as well for two blatent dives in the box... If its not a penalty its a dive so he should have been booked

Agreed...also thought it could had been straight red rather than 2nd yellow.

Generally the ref let a lot go though....Christie could easily have got 2 yellows.

Pleasing performance all-round. Russell's touch wasn't great and Martin had one of his frustrating games but happy with that. More to come when we need it. 

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Brighton fans having a meltdown over what a 'cheat' Hughes is. Very ironic. Bruno went down like he had been shot

Hahaha

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Whilst I appreciate that some people are going to take your comment seriously, most won't.

3/10 - must troll harder.

Watched the game on tv,took advantage of rewind, pause,etc. Why is no one on here  mentioning the fact that we played crap against 10 men. That our best player was Shackell who saved a certain goal and made some crucial interventions. Brighton have a good manager who will see them through,Knockhart was MOM.Burnley after being relegated are promoted again,we won,t make it. Sorry and all that but too much unfounded optimism on here. We were not that good.

11 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

Watched the game on tv,took advantage of rewind, pause,etc. Why is no one on here  mentioning the fact that we played crap against 10 men. That our best player was Shackell who saved a certain goal and made some crucial interventions. Brighton have a good manager who will see them through,Knockhart was MOM.Burnley after being relegated are promoted again,we won,t make it. Sorry and all that but too much unfounded optimism on here. We were not that good.

Cheers mr happy.  I like your optimisium. Play offs can be a lottery. I bet you don't bother playing it with the odds a 10 zillion to 1.

19 minutes ago, top 6 finish said:

Really think you are missing the context of the performance if you believe this.

We had very little to play for. They are on a great run, at home and with automatic promotion to play for.

We more than matched them  and got stronger in 2nd half. Didn't use the extra man that well but they got desperate and we relaxed...it happens.

Plenty to be pleased with.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Brighton fans having a meltdown over what a 'cheat' Hughes is. Very ironic. Bruno went down like he had been shot

To be fair there's plenty of them who aren't quite so blinkered who are praising his performance. They are a sensitive bunch though aren't they. I love that Palace fan who's triggering them all simply by posting an opinion. Mods, help! This guy is disagreeing with me. Ban him!

Thought it was hilarious after all that whinging and complaining that they were the team to get a man sent off

If it was a tackle it should have been a FK. If it was a FK it should have been a red card.

On the pitch and in the crowd... whine whine whine. And then to see Dunk get sent off!! LOL!!! 

Thoughts:

Carson was great

Christie is half PL footballer and half PUB footballer

Defended great

Thorne was not very good. Deserved his yellow card just for the crap pass before it

Hughes was the best player on the pitch.

Russell and Ince were poor first half and much better in the 2nd. 

We played ok on the ball. No more than ok. But played very well defensively.

I know you guys won't give a **** about us, which is fair enough, but just wanted to say you were outstanding today and a credit to the Championship putting a full team out and going at them when already confirmed for Play Offs.

Will Hughes was absolutely top class, and I raised a glass in my (bouncing) local after the game to Derby County FC, to which the entire pub did the same.

I hope you smash it in the Play Offs, living in Chesterfield you are a local match for me and unlike the non entities that are Brighton, have a real history to back yourselves up.

Thanks, and good luck.

Archived