9 players in 'The 100 Club'

admira

5 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

I'll tag you and quote you @rynny, just in case. it's that kind of post that makes me think you're not rational at all, you've clearly got a negative agenda, maybe you'll tell me to wind my neck in and that it's a joke? Christie didn't come cos we signed other players and couldn't afford him. It was decided we'd go back for him later.

There wasn't the budget available, the same as NC had to beg to get enough money to sign Tom bloody Naylor.

There's been enough talk of the fact that maybe Mel reads this forum (maybe Sam as well) if I'm saying anything that's wrong, then they'll possibly pop up in a post and tell me you and anyone else that I'm making it up.

So you are telling me we couldn't afford to sign Christie from Coventry so we got Adam Smith from Spurs? Righto.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder how many will go on to be appearance heavyweights and break say 300?

My shouts would be maybe Keogh due to form, Christie because of his age, Hughes if doesn't move to a bigger club and stays injury free. Bryson on form but asking 3 more years injury free so doubt it for that reason.

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

So you are telling me we couldn't afford to sign Christie from Coventry so we got Adam Smith from Spurs? Righto.

Didn't he come on loan and and then subsequently replaced by another  loanee (Wisdom)?

7 minutes ago, rynny said:

Smith came in on loan AFTER we had sold the Bray. 

Christie was going to cost us 900k it was decided that cash could be better used elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, bcnram said:

Didn't he come on loan and and then subsequently replaced by another  loanee (Wisdom)?

Yes but I would guess a loaned from Spurs would be similar in cost to a player from Coventry in league 1.

3 minutes ago, Norman said:

Ronnie, serious question - and you'll know the answer.

Who scouted the players?

It differed from player to player in terms of who initially scouted them, but then typically all of them would watch him.

Simon Clough, Micky Forsyth, Gary Crosby, Nigel Clough, Andy Garner, Martin Taylor and probably one or two I've forgotten to mention.

31 minutes ago, rynny said:

And we failed, says a lot that he would rather spend a season in League 1 than sign for Clough.

You greatly misunderstand. Never mind.

look at how many games Christie played after October in that season and re-appraise impartially. 

7 minutes ago, rynny said:

Yes but I would guess a loaned from Spurs would be similar in cost to a player from Coventry in league 1.

Coventry wanted over a million for him. I doubt we paid anything like that for loan fees

32 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Wonder how many will go on to be appearance heavyweights and break say 300?

My shouts would be maybe Keogh due to form, Christie because of his age, Hughes if doesn't move to a bigger club and stays injury free. Bryson on form but asking 3 more years injury free so doubt it for that reason.

Nice try! 

32 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Thanks, failed though eh, what do you reckon out of interest Angie?

Definitely Christie and Hughes if he stays. Both could grow even more in the Premier. Not sure about Keogh if we go up but maybe if we don't. 

Hendrick is an interesting one because I think he has the ability but not so sure about the application? 

I would love for it to be Bryson too, but can he stay injury free long enough?

What about the relative newbies? Olsson,  Ince - both are possibilities. 

1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

It differed from player to player in terms of who initially scouted them, but then typically all of them would watch him.

Simon Clough, Micky Forsyth, Gary Crosby, Nigel Clough, Andy Garner, Martin Taylor and probably one or two I've forgotten to mention.

I heard clough watched Bryso for 15 minutes and left saying he will do for me , after being out the team so long and turning the season around now the hordes maybe realise what Nigel seen in him 

It was the right time for me. Had we not have had such a good season in 2013/14 I feel the team would have been torn apart. When we sacked him we'd just lost Brayford, a player so loyal to Our Nige that he dropped into League One for him and Bryson had just signed a new contract which had that ridiculously low release clause. 

The team had been built and somebody had to get the best out of it, something the club clearly didn't feel Clough was capable of. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Definitely Christie and Hughes if he stays. Both could grow even more in the Premier. Not sure about Keogh if we go up but maybe if we don't. 

Hendrick is an interesting one because I think he has the ability but not so sure about the application? 

I would love for it to be Bryson too, but can he stay injury free long enough?

What about the relative newbies? Olsson,  Ince - both are possibilities. 

Hendrick also has fierce competition but could do it based on games played now.

Bryson yeah it's a big ask to stay fit to do so given the miles he covers, but he's already going to be forever remembered, regardless of appearances. My kids will probably be showing their kids in 50 years time his goals against Forest :lol:

Ince easily could but his ambition will probably mean he will not be here in 5/6 seasons time. Olsson, well I reckon Forsyth will have something to say about that who too could be here in 3/4 seasons time given his age.

6 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Olsson, well I reckon Forsyth will have something to say about that who too could be here in 3/4 seasons time given his age.

I'm really looking forward to that battle. Fozzy is one of my favourites but I've quite taken to Olsson. 

25 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Who loves who more? valleyram and Bryson or ronnie and Nigel? 

I bet even Bris couldn't answer that one!

Have a like! 

:lol:

Archived