OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If we did appoint Pearson I would have to wonder why we didn't do it straight after PC leaving. He was available and apparently interested, why wait?

27 minutes ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

Money. I'm guessing the compensation to Leicester would have been too much for FFP.

22 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Probably because he was still hired by Leicester. If I remember correctly he was put on gardening leave by them so was technically still hired by their club until the end of the season

do people not read?

He will be giving up millions in bonuses if he leaves before the terms of his agreement is up. He was not sacked, he is NOT unemployed, he was just relieved of his first team duties.

This bloke still has a contract as manager of Leicester and as such is still entitled to related bonuses for their performance this past season, even though Ranieri led the team.

5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

do people not read?

He will be giving up millions in bonuses if he leaves before the terms of his agreement is up. He was not sacked, he is NOT unemployed, he was just relieved of his first team duties.

This bloke still has a contract as manager of Leicester and as such is still entitled to related bonuses for their performance this past season, even though Ranieri led the team.

So when I said it would be to expensive to buy him out of that contract I was right then? I never read back through 100+ pages before I post.

If and when DW is appointed:

• Mel says: "We had lots of applications from top managers, but Darren stands head and shoulders above them all. I am delighted to perpetuate the choice I made back in January. Under my ownership and leadership, my club is heading where it belongs."
  • Some fans think: "So no-one else who applied for the job agreed with how Mel dictates 'who does what' at DCFC, or could work out what Mel expects of them, or were unsure whether they reported to Mel or Sam, or noticed that the revolving and unlockable dressing room door was one of many such doors at  the iPro" (delete as appropriate).

Ladies/Gents,

We can surmise who or have a wish list, have our favourite picks. Which ever!!!

At the end of the day the decision will be taken by MM and his senior management team and you and I will not have a say in it.

MM has put a lot of his own money in to this club and he will want results (rightly so), so he is going to try and get what he believes will be the best person for the job and in doing so will hope we have success by playing the type of football that keeps us all entertained.

Arsenal play attractive football, are they successful? I guess that depends on your perception of successful. They have won the league back in the day when "Boring Boring Arsenal" was the chant.

Can you win the league by playing fearless football, ask Leicester fans.

Any style can be successful and you are only going to win anything with good consistency.

Back on thread, Whoever the manager will be, will be out of our hands. All we can do is get behind them and the team and hope for a great, entertaining and fruitful season.

Rant over

1 minute ago, BathRam72 said:

Ladies/Gents,

At the end of the day the decision will be taken by MM and his senior management team and you and I will not have a say in it.

MM has put a lot of his own money in to this club and he will want results (rightly so), so he is going to try and get what he believes will be the best person for the job and in doing so will hope we have success by playing the type of football that keeps us all entertained.

Arsenal play attractive football, are they successful? I guess that depends on your perception of successful. They have won the league back in the day when "Boring Boring Arsenal" was the chant.

Any style can be successful and you are only going to win anything with good consistency.

Back on thread, Whoever the manager will be, will be out of our hands. All we can do is get behind them and the team and hope for a great, entertaining and fruitful season.

Rant over

Breaking News: Man develops a radical new vision for Internet Football Forums which includes not speculating or putting forward ideas and suggestions. Various news agencies are reporting that this individual has close links to North Korea.

5 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

A management team of Pearson, Chrissy Powell and Kev Phillips does sound pretty exciting though!

It does indeed. Pearson said on the show Fletch and Sav that he'd like Chris Powell to be his assistant. 

Can't wait for our lot to hound the new guy, whoever it is..... After Christmas when we've lost 2 in a row and its sign of a meltdown because we haven't walked the ball into the net. 

10 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Ladies/Gents,

Rant over

Hi uncle Mel!

Archived