OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

6 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I agree with B4 for what its worth. I lump him in with Warnock & Pearson as people I don't really want to see at Derby. Of course if any of the said three are appointed they will have my full support whilst here.

I'm beginning to worry about you. 

Spent all weekend suggesting you're happy to keep a midfield that has failed three seasons running and wouldn't have Joey Barton who has been promoted 3 times, and now you don't want managers who'd got about 12 promotions (all divisions) between them!

Are you sure you're Derby?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Steve Evans turned us down because he fancies your job. Mel in the interview process as we speak

#ITK

This had best be mischief making dawnie, just in case, shut the greggs down at the ipro Mel. Phew that was close.....

9 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I am not the only one who does not want burnley manager anywere near our club.

I think ryan giggs wouod be a good fit at derby.

Why? What has Giggs done? He has less managerial experience than Wassall.

So on the vast list of candidates 

Martinez - not keen, attacking football but can't defend for toffee (no pun intended)

Warburton - yes please but no chance Rangers are huge and they are finally back in the Prem and will probably get Europe in a couple of seasons

Pearson - proven but a vile man and would Mel want the negitive publicity he creates (ostrich, telling fans to F off and die, assualting players on the sideline) 

Warnock - again proven but ugly football and would surely need to loose our flair player in favour off his perfered "enforcers"

Dyche - Why would he come here ? 

Flores - did well keeping up watford, played good football, but not managed in the championship and his stock must surely have risen across europe

Wassall - Better the devil you know - i hope not !! 

Sherwood - shows no tactical knowledge at either Spurs or Villa - motivation and passion can only go so far - think he could be a disaster (good start then nose dive)

O'Neill - International to Championship via the euros, can't see the FAI letting him go that easily as this is the first major tournament they have been in since 2002

Gary Rowett - Interesting as he did well at Buton and has been average at Birmingham (10th this season) but has never had money to spend. Ex Derby and a fans favourite (not sure if Jonny Russell will be impressed)

Moyes - Off to Villa ? mr charisma, never got promoted in the Championship but Everton over achieved for many years, would certainly do a good job but would he come

Monk - could be the one if allowed time to build and prove himself - but have we got time ? 

Ince, Redknapp, Holloway, Lambert - Just no thanks

what ever the decision is Mel & Sam have a massive decision and i doubt we will hear untill next month 

Just another thing, I've seen loads of people moaning on here and on Twitter that Mel and Sam aren't doing their jobs properly and that they should have made a statement by now. Let me assure you, the process is well underway and people at the club are working so hard to get the right man appointed. There is a shortlist and an interview process but I don't want to go into the names I've heard as it doesn't feel right to be honest. 

Hold tight, but don't think the board aren't working their socks off to get someone appointed, and the right man appointed, because they are.

2 hours ago, Simsy said:

Probably not the best example to use right now! But Man Utd have this with Giggs. LVG came in and kept Giggs as no.2

To be honest I think there will be plenty of managers wanting the job who would be happy to take it on the grounds wassall is their no.2.

Ok you are right in terms of a no.1 should get to hand select his no.2 but perhaps Mel could be convincing in putting Darren forward for the no.2 role ;)

Truth be told I just don't want him as no.1 any other role is fine by me.

It's possible, the problem is Wassall has been in charge already and he is in contention for the job again. Knowing that, I would give the job a wide berth if it was me and Wassall was de facto number 2.

1 minute ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Just another thing, I've seen loads of people moaning on here and on Twitter that Mel and Sam aren't doing their jobs properly and that they should have made a statement by now. Let me assure you, the process is well underway and people at the club are working so hard to get the right man appointed. There is a shortlist and an interview process but I don't want to go into the names I've heard as it doesn't feel right to be honest.

Hold tight, but don't think the board aren't working their socks off to get someone appointed, and the right man appointed, because they are.

how do you know?

Go on spill the beans!

I want a statement sooner rather then later but that's because I am inpatient! Truth be it, we all would rather wait and have the right man in charge.

2 minutes ago, Saturn5 said:

So on the vast list of candidates 

Martinez - not keen, attacking football but can't defend for toffee (no pun intended)

Warburton - yes please but no chance Rangers are huge and they are finally back in the Prem and will probably get Europe in a couple of seasons

Pearson - proven but a vile man and would Mel want the negitive publicity he creates (ostrich, telling fans to F off and die, assualting players on the sideline) 

Warnock - again proven but ugly football and would surely need to loose our flair player in favour off his perfered "enforcers"

Dyche - Why would he come here ? 

Flores - did well keeping up watford, played good football, but not managed in the championship and his stock must surely have risen across europe

Wassall - Better the devil you know - i hope not !! 

Sherwood - shows no tactical knowledge at either Spurs or Villa - motivation and passion can only go so far - think he could be a disaster (good start then nose dive)

O'Neill - International to Championship via the euros, can't see the FAI letting him go that easily as this is the first major tournament they have been in since 2002

Gary Rowett - Interesting as he did well at Buton and has been average at Birmingham (10th this season) but has never had money to spend. Ex Derby and a fans favourite (not sure if Jonny Russell will be impressed)

Moyes - Off to Villa ? mr charisma, never got promoted in the Championship but Everton over achieved for many years, would certainly do a good job but would he come

Monk - could be the one if allowed time to build and prove himself - but have we got time ? 

Ince, Redknapp, Holloway, Lambert - Just no thanks

what ever the decision is Mel & Sam have a massive decision and i doubt we will hear untill next month 

I put the good ones in bold.

QSF would be my first choice but seems v unlikely, as does Warburton.

I don't think Pearson would fit in well with our bunch, but he is proven at this level.

Monk makes me feel a little uneasy because he's not that unlike Sherwood really. I think we need someone with experience to get us up.

So for me it's between Rowett and O'Neill really, with O'Neill my personal favourite although who knows if he'd come.

The more I read the more I think keeping Wassall on alongside a DoF and with a good coaching team wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. He just needs the freedom to change the style a bit which I'm not sure Mel will grant him.

Also, I'd rather get my back sack and crack waxed by Neil "delicate" Warnock than Ryan Giggs become Derby manager.

5 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

if so (no reason to doubt you) 

Wassall must be a serious contender otherwise he would have been told otherwise and a statement to the effect of your post would have surely come out of the club, as it has perviously

Archived