OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

3 hours ago, Derbylad92 said:

Hows about Quique Sánchez Flores he did well to keep watford up I just really hope we sort it early then late and right near the start of the season  

I'm with u on this one! Perfect for us! Hopefully there in talks already 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Is this the power of positive thought on your part?

No power of logic. Mel gave the job to Darren Wassell until the end of the season. Which meant he had a replacement lined up who was currently employed and wanted to see the job out through loyalty to his current players and employers. If we had someone else in mind i.e Pearson, we would have brought them in by now. So unless its an International Manager still  wanting to see out the Euros which I very much doubt, only one person springs to mind who fits the Derby Way.

36 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Is this the power of positive thought on your part?

Must admit I heard on the grapevine that Rangers have been looking round at potential managers to take over, and that we're interested in Warburton. Would be a good fit for us.

1 hour ago, plymouthram said:

Warburton very soon, just the Scottish cup to finish with then we will have him

I hope you are right i said last year on this forum that Warburton would be great at Derby the perfect mould. There were rumours that his family were not really up in Glasgow with him so maybe a move further south would be a better fit? 

1 hour ago, plymouthram said:

No power of logic. Mel gave the job to Darren Wassell until the end of the season. Which meant he had a replacement lined up who was currently employed and wanted to see the job out through loyalty to his current players and employers. If we had someone else in mind i.e Pearson, we would have brought them in by now. So unless its an International Manager still  wanting to see out the Euros which I very much doubt, only one person springs to mind who fits the Derby Way.

I have a feeling it could be Martin O'Neill. He was all up for signing a new contract with Ireland before February. It doesn't look like he's signing a contract with them now though. I'd love to see O'Neill at Derby. Would be over the moon with Warburton too though, he's a quality manager.

I have a feeling Mr Warnock maybe coming our way, either as Manager or in the Harry role with Wass. I really hope not, just something a Rotherham fan said to me yesterday about rumours going around up there......

8 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Warburton very soon, just the Scottish cup to finish with then we will have him

I hope that you are right, however I don't think Joey Barton would be in talks with Rangers if Warburton is on his way out. Stranger things have happened but it does not fill me with confidence. My choices in order of preference would be:-

1 Warburton (if available)

2.Sean O'Driscoll (in the Rednapp role) + Wassall

3 Rowett with maybe Wassall in an assistant role

Saw not long ago on SSN, Warburton saying a win in today's Cup Final "would help us attract more players to the club"

Got me thinking if his departure to us or anyone else was imminent he'd have chosen his words more carefully, ie a win in the final would help the club attract etc etc.

He is my preferred choice but I get less optimistic by the day. 

I would love to get Warburton here but think it's unlikely.

I think Pearson sounds a difficult character and he doesn't have a good record with referees, journalists or chairmen.

If he can bite his lip outside of the dressing room he could be a big influence inside it.  

8 hours ago, SecretDave said:

I have a feeling it could be Martin O'Neill. He was all up for signing a new contract with Ireland before February. It doesn't look like he's signing a contract with them now though. I'd love to see O'Neill at Derby. Would be over the moon with Warburton too though, he's a quality manager.

Please let it be Martin o'neill he is so passionate and would attract good players to this club

10 hours ago, plymouthram said:

I understood that Pearson was still being paid up to the end of this season by Leicester as part of his pay off deal and so couldn't sign for another club

First choice is O'Neill for me - he is already working with half of our team in the RoI squad and I like him as a manager, so would wait until after the Euros and get him in.

3 hours ago, TexasRam said:

I have a feeling Mr Warnock maybe coming our way, either as Manager or in the Harry role with Wass. I really hope not, just something a Rotherham fan said to me yesterday about rumours going around up there......

Forest are after him apparently. He seemed to do a good job at Rotherham without buying players and since Forest can't buy players he might do alright there as well. I don't really want him to come here even if I do think he is a pretty good manager in the football league. 

2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

First choice is O'Neill for me - he is already working with half of our team in the RoI squad and I like him as a manager, so would wait until after the Euros and get him in.

Forest are after him apparently. He seemed to do a good job at Rotherham without buying players and since Forest can't buy players he might do alright there as well. I don't really want him to come here even if I do think he is a pretty good manager in the football league. 

Warnock has already turned down forest once.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11727/9231245/neil-warnock-reveals-why-he-turned-down-nottingham-forest-job

Warnock told talkSPORT: "I did say, if the right (club) came up I'd take it...and with nine games to go, possibly 12 games - with the play-offs - it was ideal for me. The talks started well, but in my eyes deteriorated.

"The experience I've got, let's not forget, the last three clubs I've been a bit unlucky, I've had three new owners. So I've got an idea of owners and what they want and how they work. In the end I didn't think I was the right one."

Warnock insisted he had no problem with Al Hasawi but claimed that some managerial decisions might be difficult under Forest's structure. He believes Gianfranco Zola or Stuart Pearce could suit the job in the long term.

He added: "They've put Gary Brazil in tonight and for the moment that's what they want.

"I'm sure someone like Pearce or Zola will come in, somebody like that will end up there. Stuart Pearce would be ideal. But it wasn't for me really.

"When you've got 10 games, possibly 12 games to go. When you've got experience, or you've done the job, you've got to do it how you want to do it and I didn't see that if I'm honest with you.

"(The chairman)'s a nice guy, I got on alright with him. There's just certain criteria that even I can't do, even if it's the right club.

"It wasn't fair really because you're not guaranteed to win games and you lose one or two games in that situation and it could become a little embarrassing behind the scenes.

"I didn't want that, I wanted a clear road ahead to do what I wanted. If I can't 100 per cent go into it knowing I'm going to be able to manage as I manage then I can't commit myself.

"In the end it just didn't add up to me. I thought I'd be doing it for the wrong reasons. It wasn't the financial part of it - it was the opportunity to get a club back up through the play-offs."

Warnock said the background of Al Hasawi could be an issue for the club - not the fact he is Kuwaiti, but because his expertise is business, rather than football.

He said: "I don't want to be accused of being anti-English. I'm not anti-English.

"But there was no-one you could talk to - at the club - English-wise that knew about football, that you could have a conversation (with) about getting things done.

"They've got to alter that issue. Because, it's all right having good intentions but you've got to know the rules and regulations and know where you're going.

"It seemed very, very difficult to get anything done at the club. It's just natural for them - it's how they are in life.

"It's almost how they're brought up. This is how we deal in the business world and they're successful in the business world so they carry on and take it on board.

"But in football, it's not like that. Yes, it can get you so far but it can't get you to the very top. Even at Manchester City, they let him (manager Manuel Pellegrini) get on with it and they're spending billions.

"It doesn't work like that. In the end, they have to be very careful. This guy's put a lot of money into Forest and they (the fans) like him, they think he's a good chairman and I haven't got a problem with that."

I don't think the bits in bold have changed, and that will be enough for Warnock not to take the job again

7 minutes ago, rynny said:

Warnock has already turned down forest once.

I don't think the bits in bold have changed, and that will be enough for Warnock not to take the job again

Honest interview from a man ,even if you do not like from his public image, you have to respect because he is some manager, particularly at Championship level

Archived