OUR NEXT MANAGER

plymouthram

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

It's a critical appointment, but must be done soon - a full summer of squad appraisal, reviews of 2015-16 performances and stats, coaching backroom shuffle, all need to be undertaken.

Players of course report back for pre-season in early July - and things need to be in place for the all-important prep and friendlies.

The team /squad is too inconsistent,often not physical or ruthless enough, lacking leadership on the pitch, players deployed in the wrong positions, betrayed insufficient belief and resilience in the biggest games more often than not....these traits have been evident under the last 3 managers/head coaches, through the past three failed promotion campaigns.

Mr Wassall is a genuine and committed person but there have been too many selection, tactical and substitution faux pas for him to continue in the role. He could go back to the Academy with his head held high but is a poor fit as first team Head Coach - an experienced personality is required.

More than a tweak or two or a couple of signings / outgoings will be fundamental to breaking that cycle, to create a team to mount a genuine promotion challenge for 46 (or more) games.

Over to you, Mel...

:thumbsup:

Excellent post, Woodypecker. :thumbsup:

Manager First League Game 2016/17 Season

Gary Rowett 7/5 Tim Sherwood 5/2 Darren Wassall 3/1 Mark Warburton 6/1

Brendan Rodgers 9/1 Steve Bruce 12/1 Neil Warnock 14/1 Harry Redknapp 14/1

Garry Monk 16/1 Paul Lambert 16/1 David Moyes 18/1 Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink 20/1

Nigel Pearson 20/1 Paul Ince 20/1 Quique Sanchez Flores 22/1 Igor Stimac 25/1

Steve McClaren 33/1 Glenn Hoddle 40/1 Sean Dyche 40/1 Gary Neville 40/1

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

Just sayin'...

I see that warnock is not in the betting at all for the Rams job. But what do bookies know? 

PistoldPete2
1 minute ago, Yani P said:

Manager First League Game 2016/17 Season

Gary Rowett 7/5Tim Sherwood 5/2Darren Wassall 3/1Mark Warburton 6/1

Brendan Rodgers 9/1Steve Bruce 12/1Neil Warnock 14/1Harry Redknapp 14/1

Garry Monk 16/1Paul Lambert 16/1David Moyes 18/1Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink 20/1

Nigel Pearson 20/1Paul Ince 20/1Quique Sanchez Flores 22/1Igor Stimac 25/1

Steve McClaren 33/1Glenn Hoddle 40/1Sean Dyche 40/1Gary Neville 40/1

Of these I think a manager who has been in work up til now would be most likely otherwise why did we appoint wassall when Pearson and rodgers  etc were available ? So Rowett,  warburton and co would be favourites I think. Paul lambert , Paul Ince and co clearly not in the running. Warnock could be long shot. Or wassall of course . 

Sith Happens

I dont get Tim Sherwood, to me has had no success so far. Please no. I would go with either Warburton, Warnock, Pearson, moyes or Flores.

6 hours ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

Fair point but with the exception to his first season at Swansea, none of that convinces me that he is good enough. Arguably you could say Liverpool's natural position in that league is somewhere between 4th to 8th no matter who the manager is.

Swansea finishing 11th is no different to many promoted teams in their first season. Who's to say that wouldn't have been relegated the following season had he stayed there?.

I may be wrong, but my opinion is that Rodgers or Martinez would be awful appointments. They would try to make us a Premiership team before we got to the Premier League, and that doesn't work. There are half a dozen managers out there who are Championship (almost guaranteed promotion) quality managers. Get out this league first and then starting thinking about playing nice football/changing manager.

The only way you get out of the Championship is through hard work and determination. And a certain knowhow.

Not Rodgers, or Sherwood, or Martinez, Monk or the likes.

I spot two contradictions, one blatant lie and one hypothetical scenario that never happened tweaked to meet your agenda.

I would love to see us take a punt on somebody like Gary Neville, just because I think he's got everything needed to be a top, top manager in the English game. 

But, lets face it, we are pressure for a young manager because the expectation for us just simply has to be automatic promotion next year, especially if we go and buy again in the summer (which I think we clearly will). Therefore I think we will probably go for a relatively experienced manager (i.e. Warburton / Rodgers).

5 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-facing-10m-dilemma-7992475#13tcxLuOQUZDmo1E.97

Long story short - Rodgers is due £10m in severance payments from Liverpool over 2 years, which he forfeits if he signs for a new club.

Potential fly in the ointment..

I know he's only 40-something but I'd take a two-year vacation with that kind of cheese. 

Would be surprised if Warburton left Rangers - he could get legendary status there if he does a job in the top division. Looks likely Rodgers to Celtic although it did say he was looking at all options before deciding.

Archived