Marcus Rashford

Posh Ram

Just scored again for Man U... according to Ramage, he should be going to the Euros...

Would you guys take him? He is in fantastic form, but we have a lot of other good strikers and it may well be bad for his development if he's played too early. I think on the balance of things I wouldn't pick him but so many times before England have been undone by picking the old guard (Walcott, Oxlade come to mind in this case) rather than going with form players.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a massive three goals in his last ten games. Of course he shouldn't go to France. If England were short of strikers and desperate to find someone to bring on, maybe, but we have a wealth of good options without taking some junior. The point has to be to win the tournament rather than be planning for the future. Ten more likely forward options are:

• Kane
  • Vardy
  • Welbeck
  • Walcott
  • Sturridge
  • Defoe
  • Carroll
  • Berahino
  • Rooney
  • Sterling

Vardy, Kane, Rooney, Sturridge and Welbeck have to be the five.

Andy Carroll would offer something totally different so he's a likely contender. But Rashford... He's of similar mould to Welbeck and Sturridge but not as good, and not as experienced.

Would be mad to take him. Especially with the options available.

Take Rashford.

Sturridge will only pick up an injury stepping off the plane, Welbeck 11 games 4 goals....pffft Rashford 7 in 12.

Defoe past it, Berahino a mard arse, Carroll just a big lump with a girly haircut.

Rooney, Vardy and Kane will be the only 3 that play so take Rashford for the experience, too young? Michael Owen v Argentina....

Leave him at home, he's not better than Vardy or Kane who id start with

Shreks guarenteed a place although he's been terrible all season and hasnt had a good tournament since he was 18 

Stuzzy when fit is brilliant, welbeck for all his faults seems so score for England and is underrated 

they're all going to be on the plane 

Carroll would be an outside bet for 'offering something different' but he isnt international level he's an average striker at best. 

51 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

He is the same as welbeck...won't ever score 20 goals in a season shouldn't be anywhere near the squad. 

Scored 7 in 12 games, that ratio is 21 goals over the course of a premier league season... You never know 

for what it's worth, I think it's too early to call him up, less than half a season of first team football isn't enough to earn an England call up

Here we go again, an English youngster comes in, surprises everyone with the fact he can play a bit and immediately everyones clamouring to label him the next big thing and having him start for the senior side before he's even had a full season under his belt.  As we sore, Walcott really benefitted from going to the World Cup in 2006...

I know Rooney was 17 when he got called up but he was making waves way before he made his debut for Everton, Rashford's come out of nowhere and benefitted from the rest of Manure's strikers being injured or crap...

If he had a full season or even 3/4 of a season then I'd say take him, but he's not even had half a season, his career has lasted 12 games. 12 games!!! And people wan him to go to the euros. If we're getting to the stage where you only need a dozen half decent games to play for England he might as well call up Jesse lingard and Andre grey up, at least they've had a season of football

Archived