Richard Keogh - always got a mistake in him

mumblemumble

I feel sorry for Keogh he always seems an easy target for when things go wrong for the team. A lot of this all stems from that unfortunate moment at Wembley which could have happened to anyone.

His strength are never raved about only his weaknesses are highlighted ( I myself are guilty of this in some matches).

Sometimes the value of something is not truly known until it is gone. So for those who wish him gone be careful what you wish for.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

Our spend is unrelated though, I've been quite vocal about our embarrassing recruitment over the last couple of years. But if the players keep changing and the mental collapses keep happening then apply some logic. The fans are unrecognisable in attitude compared to pre Mac first stint.

There's all this nonsense about mental strength. Against Cardiff just four players from Mac 1 featured, Bent and Ince being two of those who were the ones still producing during the 14/15 collapse and are producing now. 

Six of the fourteen have been promoted from this division before and another was promoted from League One. Another has scored but lost in a play-off final.

There's been almost a complete turnover in players, many of the players we have no have now have been promoted before and yet people still say they're mentally weak!

Just now, cannable said:

There's all this nonsense about mental strength. Against Cardiff just four players from Mac 1 featured, Bent and Ince being two of those who were the ones still producing during the 14/15 collapse and are producing now. 

Six of the fourteen have been promoted from this division before and another was promoted from League One. Another has scored but lost in a play-off final.

There's been almost a complete turnover in players, many of the players we have no have now have been promoted before and yet people still say they're mentally weak!

So if we keep changing players but the same collapses keep happening even with proven players then am I wrong to look elsewhere? My whole point was it wasn't the players totally. Read my posts. IMO our expectant fan base and the abuse we hand out to players on social media including their wives and girlfriends doesn't help build any rapport. Every phone in is just a chance to slag off players that run themselves in to the ground for DCFC.

6 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

So if we keep changing players but the same collapses keep happening even with proven players then am I wrong to look elsewhere? My whole point was it wasn't the players totally. Read my posts. IMO our expectant fan base and the abuse we hand out to players on social media including their wives and girlfriends doesn't help build any rapport. Every phone in is just a chance to slag off players that run themselves in to the ground for DCFC.

I'm agreeing with you :huh:

3 minutes ago, cannable said:

I'm agreeing with you :huh:

Fair enough, I'm reading fast as I'm at work :)

Think the club should come out an engage with the fans more, think we need a perspective reset for some fans. Need to get back to the feel good factor, the Brighton playoff atmosphere was awesome. I was a proud DCFC fan that day, that's what support should be like.

From the DET:

"Derby County skipper Richard Keogh says the criticism that comes his way makes him stronger.

And the Republic of Ireland international suggests his critics give Martin O'Neill, Harry Redknapp and Steve McClaren a call if they want to know what he is like as a player".

O'Neil, Redknapp and McClaren?!?!?!? WTF would they know? A combined 100 years plus in the game and they're just a bunch of feckless know-nothings.

If you want to know the real skinny, all the experts are here on this thread slating Keogh and they're never wrong about anything.....

The biggest sign for me of the Keogh scapegoatism is that there has been a valid criticism and weakness in his game that has become apparent from the last two games that nobody's really mentioned.

Abraham and Cardiff's big youth was stuck on him and won the aerial battle against him. Cardiff's first and fourth came in part due to Cardiff's giant winning headers. 

Not really his fault, he has no divine right to be better than every centre-forward in the air… 

I'm not intentionally bashing Keogh here, just trying to point out that a criticism that could be made and would be fair has been ignored in favour of the same old drivel.

7 hours ago, Ninos said:

Okay Mr Bright Bulb, if my cat is defined as my burning love of quality football, then yes he's killed the cat. No movement off the ball cant tackle can't head can't score runs sideways backwards passes sideways backwards, has the most ridiculous habit of running towards the player he passes the ball to, what is there to like about this guy ? His goalscoring? Even Timi Elsnik is far better 

Makes you wonder why a former England manager and relatively successful club manager in Mac keeps picking him then. And it's surprising - considering how he's incapable of doing anything that's required of a midfielder - that we win far more with him in the team than we do without. 

Took him out against Bristol and look what happened. 

He just needs a goal. I think that's bound to be preying on him a little. Nothing else wrong with his game in my humble opinion. 

4 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Makes you wonder why a former England manager and relatively successful club manager in Mac keeps picking him then. And it's surprising - considering how he's incapable of doing anything that's required of a midfielder - that we win far more with him in the team than we do without. 

Took him out against Bristol and look what happened. 

He just needs a goal. I think that's bound to be preying on him a little. Nothing else wrong with his game in my humble opinion. 

Needs a goal? Lol ... do you know how many times he's fired wide or over so far this season? Remind me how many goals he's got. Crissy martin scores goals, Ince too, bent too, bryson too, but he don't ... 

your "relatively successful " club manager comment had us all laughing though. Talk about a veiled insult lol

8 hours ago, Ninos said:

Needs a goal? Lol ... do you know how many times he's fired wide or over so far this season? Remind me how many goals he's got. Crissy martin scores goals, Ince too, bent too, bryson too, but he don't ... 

your "relatively successful " club manager comment had us all laughing though. Talk about a veiled insult lol

He's also been denied on occasion by good keeping and the woodwork. Sometimes that's how it falls. Everyone with a brain realises what a great scorer Martin is but he went through a huge drought last year if you recall? Bryson hadn't scored in close to 40 games until recently. Butters has never been a prolific scorer, last year was an anomaly as he was given license by Clement to roam in the final third. This season he's been asked to play much deeper and to retain possession first and foremost. But when he has got into shooting positions he's had no joy. 

So yes, he needs a goal. 

As for Mac, I was never a fan before he arrived first time around but enjoyed becoming a fan in that period, he did brilliantly. And his record since returning speaks for itself. 

Relatively successful. Had ups and downs without doing much special or anything shocking. 

Next..

19 hours ago, Ninos said:

I disagree with all this cliche fan bashing. Even Mel himself is clearly disappointed with our pitch performances over the past few seasons. He's sacked managers hasn't he? Gone into the dressing room!  We have a right to express our frustrations if we pay £600 a season plus away game costs to support such a highly paid group like this. The fans aren't the ones who need to raise their game : it's the staff and the players. People have opinions.

He's clearly disappointed with the support too judging by a comment he made about attracting players.

Archived