Glory Glory Leicester City

Day

Sith Happens
30 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The most fitting tribute would be to rename Leicester Forest Services to "Leicester's achievement was greater than Forest's" and then sit back and watch the fireworks. 

They do that and we'll get our poster back up in East Midlands airport.

Bet East Midlands Airport are kicking themselves now. I know if was them i would want some recognition of the fact the Champions of england come from Leicester, unfortunately for them their approach to our poster means they cannot now do this.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Jimmy Skitz said:

they should do, especially if Tigers win the Aviva Premiership too, 3 national league champions and a world champion within a 3 months is some achievement

More chance of my grannie swimming the channel, and shes been dead 50 years

8 hours ago, ElBeef said:

First time I've commented on this thread, I apologise for not reading through it too.

I can say without any fear that my absolute hatred for Leicester cannot bring me to be even mildly happy that an East Midlands club has succeeded in such a fairy tale way.

I'm bitter for that play off final result, sat there at Wembley for ages after the final whistle. I'm bitter for the tonking we always seem to get when we play them. And I'm more bitter in the way they spawned there way out of debt and like a miracle started spending big money again.

Im pleased for the fans (slightly) but that's it. Hope they over spend in the summer, get lots of injuries due to playing too many cup games. Get fined by the FA for fielding an understrength side in the FA Cup. And to top it off get relegated with only 10 points.

So there!!!

COYR

With you all the way. On top of all that, my wife, and all her family are, or have been, season ticket holders for decades.

I have an irrational desire for Leicester City to fail in every match. This year's been like having my eyeballs scratched with one of those prongs that the dentist uses for removing plaque.

To top it all the 'Jester from Lestah' wins the f**ing snooker. Jester? My God. Give me strength.

Sith Happens

Lets petition the PL, and demand all clubs that went into administration but didnt get a points deduction should recieve them retrospectively, effective immediately. #Justiceisserved

I'm not happy for them, I don't care. But I'm happy one of the usual clubs haven't won it. That's about it really. 

And haven't we all been corrected before for believing that they spawned their way out of debt? Apparently it's an urban myth that they put local businesses out of pocket and swerved all their debt then started up again like a Phoenix from the ashes. I prefer to think that's exactly what they did. Oh and I can't bare Gary Lineker. 

36 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

More chance of my grannie swimming the channel, and shes been dead 50 years

they have a play off system to decide their champions, which Tigers are in

26 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Lets petition the PL, and demand all clubs that went into administration but didnt get a points deduction should recieve them retrospectively, effective immediately. #Justiceisserved

given we were a Football League club at the time they would still tell you to stop being such a bitter ****

2 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

I'm not happy for them, I don't care. But I'm happy one of the usual clubs haven't won it. That's about it really. 

And haven't we all been corrected before for believing that they spawned their way out of debt? Apparently it's an urban myth that they put local businesses out of pocket and swerved all their debt then started up again like a Phoenix from the ashes. I prefer to think that's exactly what they did. Oh and I can't bare Gary Lineker. 

Leave me out of it! :lol:

As for bareing Lineker, you'll have the doubtful pleasure of seeing him present MOTD in his underpants, if he keeps his promise.

Perhaps this BBC obsession with Leicester comes about from their love affair with jug-ears.

38 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Leave me out of it! :lol:

As for bareing Lineker, you'll have the doubtful pleasure of seeing him present MOTD in his underpants, if he keeps his promise.

Perhaps this BBC obsession with Leicester comes about from their love affair with jug-ears.

Haha! 

Seriously though, they get the headlines on the BBC and the small fact that they have discovered a breakthrough in breast cancer gets bumped down the order. Most people are mildly interested in LCFC, 'oh that's nice', but that's about it. I don't care for their in depth scrutiny of how they did it. 

Watching that its nice to see, nearly shed a tear for them myself but... I realised I'm a man and said no to myself 

But they deserve it and good luck to them.

Lets hope we can chant.. "leicester city where coming for you" at Wembley.. lol

51 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

some people here are shocking. Over the years, the amount of press coverage first Chelsea, then Man City got after effectively buying the title was far less deserved than what Leicester are getting now.

Its all ****** though Mostyn. the press will soon go back to the headlines that sell papers, at the end of the day, Leicester fans come from Leicestershire or have family connections from the area, much like us, the gumps, Stoke, etc....Man Ure, Chelski, Liverpool, Arsenal, Citeh, have a wider audience that appeals to the advertiser driven media.....so yeah, they'll have a few days of saturation coverage but I guarantee Van Gaal's future will have more column inches over the next four weeks than Leicester winning the Premier league.

6 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Its all ****** though Mostyn. the press will soon go back to the headlines that sell papers, at the end of the day, Leicester fans come from Leicestershire or have family connections from the area, much like us, the gumps, Stoke, etc....Man Ure, Chelski, Liverpool, Arsenal, Citeh, have a wider audience that appeals to the advertiser driven media.....so yeah, they'll have a few days of saturation coverage but I guarantee Van Gaal's future will have more column inches over the next four weeks than Leicester winning the Premier league.

I don't disagree with you Utch, I find it refreshing right now, and will soon be bored when Sky Sports revert back to their elitist reporting.

I think some people should be careful what they wish for!

29 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I don't disagree with you Utch, I find it refreshing right now, and will soon be bored when Sky Sports revert back to their elitist reporting.

I think some people should be careful what they wish for!

I keep wishing for an 18 year-old nymphomaniac whose father owns a brewery.

Careful enough?

14 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Also, I had no idea Casper was that old. I thought he was still a kid. Bloody hell that makes me feel old. 

Me too. Theo Walcott is still an U21 in my brain as well.

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

Me too. Theo Walcott is still an U21 in my brain as well.

2 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

Yeah but 18 year old lads only want to go out clubbing nowadays eddie :lol:

His dad is 52. 52! I felt like I was watching him 4 years ago.

Archived