Impact of no emergency transfer window next season

Sparkle

Next season football league clubs will no longer be able to use the emergency transfer system

what do you think will be the likely impact on the Rams (assuming we are in the championship)

a mixture of possibilities for me, we could end up with a bloated squad all season or it could be decisive as other teams could not re- in force when they need to in mid season apart from committing to full time transfers in the proper Windows.

Negatively our youngsters may not get real game time

various points please discuss.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Next season football league clubs will no longer be able to use the emergency transfer system

what do you think will be the likely impact on the Rams (assuming we are in the championship)

a mixture of possibilities for me, we could end up with a bloated squad all season or it could be decisive as other teams could not re- in force when they need to in mid season apart from committing to full time transfers in the proper Windows.

I think the opposite in terms of youngsters. If we get injuries we may have to promote from the U21's.

Applying it to this season, it would help us a lot. We haven't loaned Any players because Mell had given us the funds to go and buy everyone, but other teams without such backing, like Brighton, have had to use the loan system. Would they be above us without their loanees?

BTW, don't you think that agents get paid extra for all the loans they arrange? 

Potentially, it could be a good proposition for Derby. 

54 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

37 minutes ago, davenportram said:

I think the opposite in terms of youngsters. If we get injuries we may have to promote from the U21's.

Can't youth loans happen at any time during the season anyway? We had Wisdom on a youth loan and he came in in October for the season.

The England U21 international joins the Rams on loan until the end of the season and will be in line for a debut in Saturday's home game against Birmingham City.

Wisdom, who can play either at centre-back or right-back, turned out 19 times for Liverpool last season but only three times this term.

Former England manager McClaren was keen to strengthen Derby's leaky defence which has failed to keep a clean sheet in the last nine fixtures and let in 20 goals in 12 games league games.

"Andre is a very good and a promising player who we're delighted to welcome to Derby County," McClaren told the club's website.

"Liverpool obviously think a lot of him but he's at the stage of his development where he needs to play some first-team games, and we're delighted they see Derby as the place to do that.

"We've had a few injuries in defence of late and Andre will bring extra qualities as well as more competition for places, which is always welcome."

Wisdom is the second signing at Pride Park in the space of a week following striker Simon Dawkins' arrival from Tottenham on a three-month deal.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11696/8985723/transfer-news-derby-sign-liverpool-defender-andre-wisdom-on-loan

i could see it impacting on other teams greater than it would on derby.

The emergency loan system was I thought the football leagues answer to the ludicrous transfer window system which doesnt really have any place in the english football league.

2 hours ago, rynny said:

Can't youth loans happen at any time during the season anyway? We had Wisdom on a youth loan and he came in in October for the season.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11696/8985723/transfer-news-derby-sign-liverpool-defender-andre-wisdom-on-loan

true about youth loans, but unless a really good youngun is available its as risky as trying one of our own and more expensive

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Like the positivity

3 minutes ago, davenportram said:

true about youth loans, but unless a really good youngun is available its as risky as trying one of our own and more expensive

I was thinking more of our youngsters going out, as per this.

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Archived