DCFC Fans - Beat Those Lot Down The A52 Podcast

Day

Thanks for the feedback!

You say it's odd we didn't notice Blackman was on the bench, I would argue you could get away without noticing he was on the pitch as well :ph34r:

Need to take into account it's Derby day, I was in the beer tent pre match, glanced at my phone and was struggling to digest the cheap plastic bottled Carlsberg and Hanson playing right back to even look at the subs bench. The thought of dropping Christie for one mistake would never have entered my head, sounds like a Nigel Clough move. Go back to where you came from.

I'll be honest random guys chatting down the pub is exactly what I wanted the Podcast to be, the thought of jingles and sound effects to separate sections doesn't sit right with me at all and takes it away from that down the pub feeling I wanted.

Saying that I am looking at soundboards, I would like to give everyone a individual Booo button when they strongly don't agree with something and can jump in. Also not ruling out a theme tune and I have something I'm working on now, I personally don't see what intro music brings to a Podcast but plenty are calling for it so I'm reluctantly getting my Mozart on.

Structure is also something I have talked about a lot in previous Podcast threads, it hasn't been as focused on to the guest member as much as I wanted, we do want more sections as I would like to bring some off topicness into the end so we can really get to know the members, it's something we are working on over the summer.

We are trying something a little different tonight, we'll see how that goes and what feedback it gets.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Thanks for the feedback!

You say it's odd we didn't notice Blackman was on the bench, I would argue you could get away without noticing he was on the pitch as well :ph34r:

Need to take into account it's Derby day, I was in the beer tent pre match, glanced at my phone and was struggling to digest the cheap plastic bottled Carlsberg and Hanson playing right back to even look at the subs bench. The thought of dropping Christie for one mistake would never have entered my head, sounds like a Nigel Clough move. Go back to where you came from.

I'll be honest random guys chatting down the pub is exactly what I wanted the Podcast to be, the thought of jingles and sound effects to separate sections doesn't sit right with me at all and takes it away from that down the pub feeling I wanted.

Saying that I am looking at soundboards, I would like to give everyone a individual Booo button when they strongly don't agree with something and can jump in. Also not ruling out a theme tune and I have something I'm working on now, I personally don't see what intro music brings to a Podcast but plenty are calling for it so I'm reluctantly getting my Mozart on.

Structure is also something I have talked about a lot in previous Podcast threads, it hasn't been as focused on to the guest member as much as I wanted, we do want more sections as I would like to bring some off topicness into the end so we can really get to know the members, it's something we are working on over the summer.

We are trying something a little different tonight, we'll see how that goes and what feedback it gets.

I'm your Guinea Pig

Also meant to say a special mention to @AmericanRam for making the time and also being prepared to talk about that night on the forum after @Daveo's detective work. I noticed a certain thread title I wasn't especially interested in but which was growing very fast. Eventually I decided to take a look and simply cried with laughter as I read it. But I was concerned we might not hear from our most prolific resident Yank again, who I feel is very much part of the dcfcfans family, so it's great it all ended well.

[Note: cannot get this post to call out Daveo for some reason - that aspect of forum functionality does seem a bit random sometimes]

I have just listened to last week's podcast and I prefer the shorter length as I struggle to fit in time to listen to the longer ones. (Think I've managed three to date.)

I am enjoying hearing from different forum members but think that having a few more questions ready would help them to contribute more. 

I thought the match analysis was a little bit flat given that we'd just beaten Forest! I am expecting a much more upbeat review of the SB5 match - although not from @Srg, apparently!

Thank you to all involved as we have a bank holiday football desert to fill. 

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Liked it was apparently shorter than the others. Some might say 20 is plenty, but I'd say target 45 minutes.

Surely the reason for Christie being dropped was likely him playing the ball to Camp for the third goal against Rotherham? It looked like Wassall was placing the blame.

Odd none of you realized Blackman had been dropped entirely from the bench for the Gumps or that Russell had been injured the week before which was why him coming back led to Blackman making way. Wassall did say both Blackman and Camara knocked on his door to wish the lads well against the gumps, even though they were disappointed not to be part of it.

Sounded a little too much like random guys chatting down pub (or rather on Skype). Felt it needed more structure and more specific features/elements, perhaps with little jingles/sound effects to introduce each segment. Maybe:

• Introductions
  • Last match review
  • Table talk [short piece on where our playoff/auto chances stand]
  • What's hot on the forum/thread of the week [you need more plugging of the Forum]
  • In the news about the Mighty Derby this week [this coming week lots of Rams are on international duty and there's been Butland's injury against the Germans. Martin vs Denmark, Keogh and Christie for the Republic (and Pearce), Hendrick returning injured for treatment, in the juniors Elsnik scored again for Slovenia while other U21s were off in Portugal beating the Sporting Lisbon 11, and so on]
  • Optional Rams recollections
  • Next match preview (including predictions)

Just some random ideas. Keep up the good work.

That's the big thing that I would love more to hear about. @Srg touches on it at the start of each podcast but I would love to hear more opinions and discussion about the forum.

Also, can someone please post the link to this @AmericanRam and @Daveo thread that was mentioned on the podcast? I have no idea when it was or what it was called! 

Cheers, COYR!!!

1 minute ago, EastHertsRam said:

I'm wondering if AR has paid his dues as it were and linking the thread and making him go through it all again could be a little unfair ? 

I wouldn't try and bring it all back or anything, I'm just interested about things that happened before I came to the forum. What about a private message?

9 minutes ago, Srg said:

Take your points on forum contents. Maybe difficult this week as forum has been pretty quiet because of Internationals and Easter. 

this weeks highlight threads for me:

1) Tim Sherwood (and his coat)

2) Shaun Barker and his Feet (aka Leg-ends)

1 minute ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I wouldn't try and bring it all back or anything, I'm just interested about things that happened before I came to the forum. What about a private message?

Fair enough Burton, I mean it was alluded to in the podcast so understandably people will be curious. If anyone gives a link that's their prerogative but even if I could remember the thread title I personally would leave it where it is, I like AR and wouldn't want to be party to him having to go through all that again.

Hope you don't think I'm being arsey. :)

1 minute ago, EastHertsRam said:

Fair enough Burton, I mean it was alluded to in the podcast so understandably people will be curious. If anyone gives a link that's their prerogative but even if I could remember the thread title I personally would leave it where it is, I like AR and wouldn't want to be party to him having to go through all that again.

Hope you don't think I'm being arsey. :)

No worries mate, I understand.:p

5 minutes ago, davenportram said:

this weeks highlight threads for me:

1) Tim Sherwood (and his coat)

2) Shaun Barker and his Feet (aka Leg-ends)

With things like that, we will naturally cover it. I guess when it comes to forum threads, it would only be either off topic stuff or if someone posts a certain opinion which sparks debate - rather than these sort of news items. 

14 minutes ago, Srg said:

With things like that, we will naturally cover it. I guess when it comes to forum threads, it would only be either off topic stuff or if someone posts a certain opinion which sparks debate - rather than these sort of news items. 

the legends sparked a bit of debate. I was surprised the women drivers didn't create more than it has.

1 minute ago, Daveo said:

I think we always have covered the main talking points, it would be hard to pull out posts of the weeks.

Possibly change favourite forum member into favourite member of the week and why 

Or both? I genuinely love the forum member talk but I don't know if I'm the only one!:D

4 minutes ago, Daveo said:

I think we always have covered the main talking points, it would be hard to pull out posts of the weeks.

Possibly change favourite forum member into favourite member of the week and why 

To be honest I think that part is fine as it is. 

I just think it would be better if you asked questions and everyone talked for a similar amount of time, with each guest maybe having a touch more time. .

I think each guest should have a topic they want to bring up.

I think an hour is about right, but obviously have a 10 minute leeway in each direction depending on the flow.

Maybe it should end with a summary, a quickfire Q&A or steal an idea from Alan Davies and all suggest a name for the podcast.

Archived