DCFC Fans - Beat Those Lot Down The A52 Podcast

Day

With the equal time per each member this can be quite hard if it's a game where only one of us went to kind of thing.

I talk out my arse at the best of times, would be even worse if I'm banging on a bout a game I saw on the radio. Saying that Monday morning is now dedicated RamsPlayer morning and next season I'll be there.

Same goes for the guest, depends who went.

An hour is my ideal length of time, obviously some weeks may run a little longer depending on what has happened. 

I like the idea of suggesting the name for the Podcast, I do ask at the end after we've finished recording and all still talking. I'll get that down tonight and get that part recorded.

The quick fire Q&A I'm planning on running a quiz for the new season, questions on the forum, members, and Derby. 20 questions, on the stopwatch, Top Gear fastest lap wall kind of thing, have it up on the forum, possibly a prize at the end of the season

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, sage said:

To be honest I think that part is fine as it is. 

I just think it would be better if you asked questions and everyone talked for a similar amount of time, with each guest maybe having a touch more time. .

I think each guest should have a topic they want to bring up.

I think an hour is about right, but obviously have a 10 minute leeway in each direction depending on the flow.

Maybe it should end with a summary, a quickfire Q&A or steal an idea from Alan Davies and all suggest a name for the podcast.

I'd second that, easy way to give the guest more airtime, and adds an unexpected element too.

14 minutes ago, Daveo said:

With the equal time per each member this can be quite hard if it's a game where only one of us went to kind of thing.

I talk out my arse at the best of times, would be even worse if I'm banging on a bout a game I saw on the radio. Saying that Monday morning is now dedicated RamsPlayer morning and next season I'll be there.

Same goes for the guest, depends who went.

An hour is my ideal length of time, obviously some weeks may run a little longer depending on what has happened. 

I like the idea of suggesting the name for the Podcast, I do ask at the end after we've finished recording and all still talking. I'll get that down tonight and get that part recorded.

The quick fire Q&A I'm planning on running a quiz for the new season, questions on the forum, members, and Derby. 20 questions, on the stopwatch, Top Gear fastest lap wall kind of thing, have it up on the forum, possibly a prize at the end of the season

I'm not suggesting you time everyone, just try and make sure everyone is heard roughly equally, especially the guest. Last week there were 2 guests and (from memory) it seemed like they got less than a third of the time between them.

Hearing different voices and opinions makes it interesting.  

Yeah, that's my fault for not stepping in more, inserting my dominance. It's a strange feeling recording knowing so many people are listening, conscious of not turning it into a shouting match.

Like I say be a bit different tonight so hopefully a lot better.

We are only 6 in, still finding out feet, we'll get there. Been a great response from the forum so far, makes it all worth it.

Just now, Daveo said:

Yeah, that's my fault for not stepping in more, inserting my dominance. It's a strange feeling recording knowing so many people are listening, conscious of not turning it into a shouting match.

Like I say be a bit different tonight so hopefully a lot better.

We are only 6 in, still finding out feet, we'll get there. Been a great response from the forum so far, makes it all worth it.

We dn't want to know about your private life.

The podcast is generally good. Whenever you start something new, it always takes time to get it right. 

13 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I guess it depends on the guests, some may have a lot to say, some may not. I suppose you can't force people to talk.

True, we've been quite lucky so far with the guests, not had any divas to deal with. I'm looking forward to 2nd May our end of season special. Ooooh arrr

image.png

2 minutes ago, Daveo said:

True, we've been quite lucky so far with the guests, not had any divas to deal with. I'm looking forward to 2nd May our end of season special. Ooooh arrr

image.png

Don't forget my cyder my lovely, oh arh!

56 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I'd second that, easy way to give the guest more airtime, and adds an unexpected element too.

We do ask in fairness. Most people so far have just said "nah, not really" which is absolutely fine. 

Not teasing too much, but mafia has contributed what he wants to talk about. 

Archived