Get Pearson before Boro step in

North East Ram

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boro do seem to be the perfect fit for him as do we 

We really do need a manager of his calibre if mel is serious about pushing for the prem, because we can't carry on like have been doing, no more inexperienced blokes who might be good enough, we need someone who's been there and done it.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him at boro though

43 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Heard that Pearson can't join anyone until the summer as still employed by Leicester anyway

Even if that's true it wouldn't preclude him working for us. It would simply become a matter of money and all the parties reaching a satisfactory agreement.

I'm not saying I want him or not, but if Mel wants him he should have gone for him a few games ago rather than waiting until the end of the season. At the moment we look as if we'll drop out of the playoffs. If promotion is worth, say, £100m, then being one of four teams reaching the playoffs gives a notional value of £25m. Whatever the compensation in question for Pearson (if any), it's going to be very much less than that figure.

This is exactly what I said when they gave the idiot the job in the first place, it is a total no win situation. We could have gone one way of three and all are disastrous

He could have won 8 games and got us in the play offs, then lost, and then we may or may not have given him the job, which he is not up to.

He could have won enough games to get us to the play offs and then won the play offs getting us promoted, then we would have HAD to give him the job...and we would have been challenging for those unwanted records.

or 

He could flap around like he is doing fail to make the play offs, we say thanks for nothing at the end of the season (which has been a total wash out) and the managers that are available now, like Pearson, Moyes, Karanka have all been snapped up by someone else.

19 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Would Rowett want this job? He seems settled at Brum.

I would like to see Rowett, Pearson or Karanka here as we need a manager who builds a strong foundation (defence) like Burnley have. 

On a long term scale of things yes he would want this job ! Brum aren't financially secure , there owners in a honk kong prison for money laundering . The squad he's got now too he's massively over achieving with it and that can't last for ever ! He'd be a perfect fit here . 

Pearson - last resort ! 

Karanka - Spanish clement ! 

dont really know who i want in or not, but whoever it is surely it would be better for them to come in and have a run of games to assess the players, which would give us more of a headstart to next season, much like chris hughton did at brighton

19 minutes ago, Lord_Ram said:

dont really know who i want in or not, but whoever it is surely it would be better for them to come in and have a run of games to assess the players, which would give us more of a headstart to next season, much like chris hughton did at brighton

Agree, nows the time to take action. Not for this season but in preparation for next. 

54 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Let him go to boro ! Let's get Rowett in !

Rowett are you kidding. Journey man and will have no clout and not connected enough. Average manager but doing ok. We need an ex premier league or top manager, this is a great job for the right person and NOT to appoint some emotional manager ex player who did well at Burton.

we will attract a fantastic manager with pull, connections, superb fitness and that person will hind onto the like of Will Hughes etc.

Archived