HD

Day

Why isn't HD standard now?

Apart from possibly towns stuck in the dark ages like Belper who even watches TV without a HDMI cable?

Why is BBC 1 channel 101 and BBC HD 141, 4 pages down on Sky? Channels are all over the place.

How can Sky, BT and Virgin justify charging extra for HD channels in 2016.

Gets my goat y'know, really does, 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Why isn't HD standard now?

Apart from possibly towns stuck in the dark ages like Belper who even watches TV without a HDMI cable?

Why is BBC 1 channel 101 and BBC HD 141, 4 pages down on Sky? Channels are all over the place.

How can Sky, BT and Virgin justify charging extra for HD channels in 2016.

Gets my goat y'know, really does, 

because BBC still has regional news, so 101 is nationwide and tuned into local stations.

I find it really strange watching football in HD. For some reason the players and the ball seem to move too much. I don't know exactly, it's hard to explain but I have to watch it in standard because HD football looks odd to me, almost to the point where it makes me feel dizzy. Is this something to do with the frame rate maybe? It seems like the players are playing at like 1.5 times the speed they should be.

Anyone else? No, just me.

11 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

I find it really strange watching football in HD. For some reason the players and the ball seem to move too much. I don't know exactly, it's hard to explain but I have to watch it in standard because HD football looks odd to me, almost to the point where it makes me feel dizzy. Is this something to do with the frame rate maybe? It seems like the players are playing at like 1.5 times the speed they should be.

Yep. Just you. 

Standards seem to me to be, in order:

60s B&W - IT standard Def - all the other channels standard Def - HD - the modern day beta max that is 3D - probably 4K but nothing is shown in it and nobody has the equipment to view it on. 

You ever see 3D football? Looks like a Punch and Judy setup to me. Action in the front of the picture doesn't match the action at the back. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/14/2016 at 21:54, JoetheRam said:

I prescribe half a gram of MDMA, to be taken about 45 minutes before kick-off.

Archived