Do you want to get promoted?

scarboroughwa

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Entertainment over glory? Yes. What happens when there's little sign of the former, does the latter make up for it? Not for me. I couldn't give a crap about the 3 minute highlights on MOTD we'd get for one season. We won't stay up after a fluke promotion based on these foundations. I don't care who we get in and how much money we may have to spend on new players. The summer wouldn't be long enough to bed in a new coaching team and turn this squad around, and as a promoted team in the Premier League you have to hit the ground running. 

I really would prefer we finish 7th and start again next season. It's damage limitation for the remainder of this season. 

Do I want promotion absolutely, am I scarred by the Billy Davies disaster not at all, you have a full summer to prepare and strengthen for the new season, no reason to think it will be the same as last time. We'd all be single if we gave up on women after one turned out to be a wrong'un.

A yo yo couple of seasons wouldn't be a bad thing for me either, it's so hard to go up and stay up now, we could wait around for ever for the right time, for everything to feel so right and come crashing back down. If you are in the position to go for promotion you have to take it whenever it's there for the taking.

10 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Do I want promotion absolutely, am I scarred by the Billy Davies disaster not at all, you have a full summer to prepare and strengthen for the new season...

So did Billy Davies, and taking an objective view of our positioning at the moment, we don't appear to be any better placed than that absolute excuse of  a season less than 10 years ago,

Yippee another thread about whether we want promotion or not. Anyone not wanting promotion wants there head testing. The financial reward alone is enough. A good manager in the summer could get out squad ready for a fight in the prem with the added bonus of promotion cash to spend,

Worse case get relegated and dust ourselves down and go again

It beggars belief that some "fans" don't want to go up. I don't mind at all if we somehow do a QPR, limp into the playoffs, get pummelled at Wembley and then fluke it in the last minute. Anything to get out of this division and into the Prem with, as Daveo says, the summer to prepare and look forward to it.

Everything starts again from scratch in August. If we stay down this season there's no guarantee at all we'll challenge next season. My worry at the moment is that securing a playoff place looks a million miles away. We're doing exactly the same as the Gumps, who when they sacked wee Billy put the youth team guy in charge so Physco could start next season. And that worked out so well...

7 minutes ago, scarboroughwa said:

So did Billy Davies, and taking an objective view of our positioning at the moment, we don't appear to be any better placed than that absolute excuse of  a season less than 10 years ago,

So what's the plan, throw a few games, ensure we stay down by dropping out the top 6, all meet up again in June and try again for that fairytale ending all because we had a season from hell almost a decade ago? may as well bring back Nigel Clough and resign ourselves to mid table Championship football for the next 30 years.

You need to seize opportunities in life and football is no different, forget Billy, Earnshaw, Miller, their careers are over, thanks for the memories but I want Klopp in the iPro dugout, I want to see how white his teeth are when we stuff Liverpool, I want to hear Henry Winter and the Guardiola fanboys make excuses as Chris Martin shows Aguero how stick the ball in the net and if anyone is scared of what if's need to go over to http://foxestalk.co.uk and see them living the dream. I have an it looks bloody good.

The Premier League isn't the be all and end all. I'm not a club director - so I don't care about the Premier League money. And I know what the argument to that's going to be - "more money means better players" - well this season has shown hat the money has to be spent wisely. 

I want to see vibrant, cohesive attacking football. I want to enjoy going to games. Playing against more prestigious teams in a more prestigious league doesn't bother me - I go to watch Derby County Football Club. 

Why don't we go the whole hog and do what they did in schools for a while ,,,, make out its not the winning but the taking part,,, do I want us in the prem? Fu((k yes,, would I stop being a Derby fan if we never got there again and even ended up in the conference? Fu(()k no,,, I have watched and played competitive sport all my life if your aim and dreams are not to be competing at the highest possible level there is no point whatsoever, so let's get this right ,Derby being in the prem is not the be all and the end all,,,, aiming to get there ,stay there and competing to win it ( liecester) IS the be all and end all

1 hour ago, Daveo said:

You need to seize opportunities in life and football is no different . . . . go over to http://foxestalk.co.uk and see them living the dream. I have an it looks bloody good.

Just went there and saw them discussing summer transfer business already:

"We are going to be in the Champions League. I don't mean to come across arrogant but we do need to set out sights a little higher than Shane Long and Mark Noble."

Could you imagine it's us discussing Long and Noble and how they might not be good enough? Or you'd rather prefer discussing whether we should let Camara go, and keep debating whether Blackman deserves more time?

Looking forward to a trip to Wembley this year,with a different result and spending the summer organising away games with my premiership supporting mates.Ill worry about what happens next season when it happens.This season I want promotion and think we can be good enough to achieve it.But we definately need a manager to do it.

14 hours ago, cannable said:

The Premier League isn't the be all and end all. I'm not a club director - so I don't care about the Premier League money. And I know what the argument to that's going to be - "more money means better players" - well this season has shown hat the money has to be spent wisely. 

I want to see vibrant, cohesive attacking football. I want to enjoy going to games. Playing against more prestigious teams in a more prestigious league doesn't bother me - I go to watch Derby County Football Club. 

The 'problem' with that is, lets say we are playing nice attacking football and winning....we will end up in the premier league. So should we just say dont worry about us, wherever we finish we just want to stay in this league next season. 

You have to be in it to win it. I'm lucky because I've been there to see us top the tree twice in my lifetime, but I want to do it again. People have claimed that's impossible and could never happen nowadays, yet here we are in the very same position Leicester were in three short years ago and they're favourites for the Premier League title now.

The huge TV deal makes a difference because it levels the playing field across the Premier League and starts to give everyone a chance. But that's only everyone who's in that division.

13 hours ago, HKRam said:

Just went there and saw them discussing summer transfer business already:

"We are going to be in the Champions League. I don't mean to come across arrogant but we do need to set out sights a little higher than Shane Long and Mark Noble."

Could you imagine it's us discussing Long and Noble and how they might not be good enough? Or you'd rather prefer discussing whether we should let Camara go, and keep debating whether Blackman deserves more time?

I reckon Camara, Blackman and Bradley Johnson are just the kind of players they need for their Champions League push. Only cost them 10 million for the three too... 

15 hours ago, Daveo said:

http://foxestalk.co.uk and see them living the dream. I have an it looks bloody good.

"This season has been a thing of true beauty. I've enjoyed every last second of it - every game - every win, every interview, everything.

The players have been absolutely sublime, Ranieri - incredible.

I've tried my best to stay calm, but I've been a emotional wreck at times - including last night after the Watford game where, after a few beers I was a little choked up when they showed us 5 clear at the top of the table.

I see no reason why we can't continue to play like this next season - maybe we won't be quite as high up the table, but as long as there isn't a mass exodus of players leaving (and with a possible title win and CL football, why would they?) then I don't see why we can't carry on.

What a time to be alive... hah. "

I know it's Leicester and everything, but you've got to love that. Must be incredible for them.

Archived