Do you want to get promoted?

scarboroughwa

I would love to be in the Premiership next season. There's no reason why we couldn't hold our own if we get the right manager and invest in the squad shrewdly during the summer.

Look at Watford - no great shakes for most of last season and chopped and changed managers, yet they have adjusted to the Premiership just fine.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you know what I am not that bothered about being in the premier league it's not the top of my list of dreams....I have seen us there a lot, seen us win at United, Arsenal, Chelsea etc and let's be honest there are a lot of games we would have there that I wouldn't be breaking my back to listen to...Sunderland, Norwich, west Brom, Burnley, hull, Bournemouth, Stoke, palace, Swansea, Southampton..etc etc. 

There is nothing more exciting in football than supporting a team that is trying to get promoted. (Unless you support DCFC this season and somehow we have even managed to make that boring!) anyway, even after saying all that...do I want promotion this season..??

oh god yes. Bring it on.! 

The wembley game against West Brom is still one of the highlights of my life, that weekend will live with me forever (although it probably damaged my liver and kidneys enough to knock a few years off my life) and the Wembley game against QPR was definitely one of the lowlights of my life and that weekend whilst also damaging my internal organs will also live with me forever. 

2 hours ago, jimbobram said:

The 'problem' with that is, lets say we are playing nice attacking football and winning....we will end up in the premier league. So should we just say dont worry about us, wherever we finish we just want to stay in this league next season. 

I truly believe there's a direct correlation between teams that are promoted by playing attractive, technical, attacking football and teams prospering in the Premier League. 

Swansea did it, survived and won a cup. Southampton did it, qualified for Europe in three years. Watford are mid-table and even flirted with a European plac. Bournemouth look comfortable and they've been hit incredibly hard by injuries this season. I don't need to say anything about Leicester.

I had absolutely no fear of the Premier League from around April 2014-February 2015. I thought we'd have gone on to emulate Southampton and Swansea. 

17 hours ago, cannable said:

The Premier League isn't the be all and end all. I'm not a club director - so I don't care about the Premier League money. And I know what the argument to that's going to be - "more money means better players" - well this season has shown hat the money has to be spent wisely. 

I want to see vibrant, cohesive attacking football. I want to enjoy going to games. Playing against more prestigious teams in a more prestigious league doesn't bother me - I go to watch Derby County Football Club. 

I'd get back to the real world my friend if I were you, your obviously living in Mel's "Derby Way World". Pretty Football is no good without success. Like it or not you need more than vibrant cohesive attacking football to win promotion in this league. If your not bothered about promotion then what's the point of it all anyway.

11 minutes ago, TETRA said:

I'd get back to the real world my friend if I were you, your obviously living in Mel's "Derby Way World". Pretty Football is no good without success. Like it or not you need more than vibrant cohesive attacking football to win promotion in this league. If your not bothered about promotion then what's the point of it all anyway.

Trawl back through my posts and I think you'll find I've believed in having a club philosophy way before I even knew who Mel Morris was. 

As for needing more than attacking football ask; Leicester, Southampton, Watford, Blackpool etcetera. Ian Holloway didn't even do defensive training drills with Blackpool!

12 hours ago, manxramselly said:

Looking forward to a trip to Wembley this year,with a different result and spending the summer organising away games with my premiership supporting mates.Ill worry about what happens next season when it happens.This season I want promotion and think we can be good enough to achieve it.But we definately need a manager to do it.

Well that's not going to happen

3 hours ago, cannable said:

Trawl back through my posts and I think you'll find I've believed in having a club philosophy way before I even knew who Mel Morris was. 

As for needing more than attacking football ask; Leicester, Southampton, Watford, Blackpool etcetera. Ian Holloway didn't even do defensive training drills with Blackpool!

Yep...and look where that got both him and that club..

Archived