POLL: Flash poll. Promotion; how do you want it.

Mostyn6

Simply, which would you prefer?  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

29 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Not read every reply but where's the go up this season, scrape staying in like Leicester did then win the prem the next 

27 minutes ago, curtains said:

Brilliant. 

the pair of you fail to grasp the subtleties within this suggestion and debate.

Leicester struggled for a couple of seasons, then went up in style, romping the league, miles ahead of where/what Derby can be this season, and survived quite easily in the end. Didn't they finish 14th or something?

So yes, Leicester (way) is worth emulating. So, option 2 it is.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Leicester struggled for a couple of seasons, then went up in style, romping the league, miles ahead of where/what Derby can be this season, and survived quite easily in the end. Didn't they finish 14th or something?

Have you got Mels ear Mostyn. 

He must love you. 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

He must love you. 

if you've got nothing sensible to say, don't bother posting.

I've proven you wrong with facts, you just embarrass yourself by mentioning Mel Morris.

As it happens, and as has been documented, Mel and I clashed over his visit to the dressing room, and he spent the rest of breakfast referring to me as the one who "wants me to put the cash in and be quiet".... however, that's a description that fits yourself Curtains!

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

if you've got nothing sensible to say, don't bother posting.

I've proven you wrong with facts, you just embarrass yourself by mentioning Mel Morris.

As it happens, and as has been documented, Mel and I clashed over his visit to the dressing room, and he spent the rest of breakfast referring to me as the one who "wants me to put the cash in and be quiet".... however, that's a description that fits yourself Curtains!

Browbeaten.

7 minutes ago, curtains said:

He must love you. 

I've now got the image of Mostern6 sat in Wassall's old position in the stand whispering into Mel's ear during the games.....:lol::lol:

34 minutes ago, curtains said:

Like I sag a figment of his imagination .

Teams don't play glorious stuff to get out the Championship .

It doesn't happen they get kicked off the park trying that  

Glorious stuff is the Premier league. 

I guess Bournemouth, Swansea, Watford, Southampton & Leicester simply hoof-balled it out of the league then???  I'm not saying their respective games were aesthetically as pleasing on the eye as Barca, Bayern or Arsenal's, but you cannot sit there in your dungeon and with a straight face say they didn't play very good football to get promoted...

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

I voted for the first one because I thought nobody else would have done and I like messing stuff up.

Incredible that it has 7 votes (or 6, since I'm obviously going for the second option. As everyone should)

Who would do a thing like that :whistle::ph34r:

Guess+who+has+two+thumbs+and+doesn+t+giv

3rd choice .. Everything clicks starting tonight  .. 10 straight wins, ride the crest of a wave, stay up and begin to sign / discover some bright young talent who play cavalier football and win a cup 

Get your happy delusion Pill from Jono's pharmacy now. Take immediately after a home win. They really work but remember, you can drink but don't operate machinery and don't loose mid week otherwise there is a huge downer and they stop working

Just now, trevor1946 said:

Brilliant thread do you want it good or bad  my question is are we happy with the five year plan,in its seventh year

Eh? 

15 minutes ago, trevor1946 said:

Brilliant thread do you want it good or bad  my question is are we happy with the five year plan,in its seventh year

no. Mel has only owned this club since the end of last summer. The Derby Way was only implemented in July/August, so we are in year ONE.

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

I've seen improvements in every one of the last 5 games. There's nothing to say that if we didn't go up we wouldn't  be relegated next season to div 1. On the other hand we could go up in style by winning tthe remainder of our games and sustain our place in the prem for years to come.

but option 2 it is lol

52 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I voted option 1, because I'm a masochistic cnut.

Spending far too long on that dyslexia website made me think the swear filter had failed. :lol:

I am surprised how many people voted for promotion even though the wordings were so loaded. It's like asking if people would vote for:

_ Donald Trump even thought he is a racist and a sexist, and knows nothing about foreign affairs and is basically a Hugh Hefner in disguise

or

_ Anyone but Donald Trump

jeez what's wrong with people? I want to do our utmost to compete and achieve at any level we are at and at the time we are at whilst trying to improve on what we have,, this lets forget promotion and competing and just build is ballox,, and totally the most unsustainable model for any football club,,, drives the fans away, drives the best players away and encourages mediocrity as the accepted from players , manager and fans, modern football is a pressure cooker , we don't need to take away pressure so as to let players and coaches  produce,, we need to find players and coaches who can produce under pressure not wilt the minute it really means something,,, God I scratch my head in confusion as to why this is so difficult for people to see and I'm totally lost if Mel really really can't see that ,,, I'm glad he went in the dressing room ,, he is putting his doe in and so are 30 thousand in ground and thousands more with their ears to ramplayer or a radio or scanning newspapers and if he speaks out for us all so what,,,, Mel has got the coach issues wrong but that's it,,, do me a favour Mel don't go all softly softly promotion don't matter garbled rubbish ,,, get a top coach , football is pressured and competitive it's sink or swim no matter how you dress it up

Archived