POLL: Flash poll. Promotion; how do you want it.

Mostyn6

Simply, which would you prefer?  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

so you want us to go up playing 'agricultural' football, be humiliated in the PL, bounce straight back down and undoubtedly lose our better players whilst being lumbered with high-earning failures nobody else wants, just for £200m, which YOU (as a fan) will not see a penny of?

You're one of the sensible ones you! :lol: 

Did WBA no harm or Norwich. 

You are ridiculous Mostyn with this .

Give me the simple choice do I want promotion this season via the playoffs. 

Answer hell yes I do. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mostyn6 said:

Shhhhhhhh.

They didn't rumble me!

Obviously, It's a loaded question Saint, but I'm trying to garishly point out the obvious.

People not reading things bother the hell out of me though :lol:

I appreciate the not so subtle way to subliminally try to increase the overall patience of the forum though, despite my not so subtle attempt to ruin it with my last two posts on this thread. 

Just now, curtains said:

Mostyn is God at this .

He will tell you the academy will be the answer to all our ills etc and so will Mel. 

In 2 years time we will be Real Madrid. 

hey Curtain, please do not misrepresent my opinions or put words in my mouth. Whatever this stupid comment you've just made about me is supposed to mean, I am unsure, so don't attribute it to me.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

People not reading things bother the hell out of me though :lol:

I appreciate the not so subtle way to subliminally try to increase the overall patience of the forum though, despite my not so subtle attempt to ruin it with my last two posts on this thread. 

Mostyn has really twisted this because people won't read the season after next bit. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Did WBA no harm or Norwich. 

what are you on about? WBA took ages getting up, but played good stuff and yo-yoed 3 times before settling, whilst having about 6 managers!

Norwich went up, came down (lets be avin you), and suffered TWO relegations. 

I would say it did harm to both. My close Baggies friends were miserable when they literally didn't even try to avoid relegation! Norwich played in 3rd division. Pick better examples!

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

The poll is asking if people want to go up this season and come straight back down or go up next season and stay there for 5 years.

Yes, there are no guarantees in reality but THE POLL is GUARANTEEING that we would come straight back down if we went up through the playoffs this season.

How anyone is voting for the first one I've no idea.

Mostyn is good at this he's a typical politician. 

Ask a question you can't answer properly 

Just now, curtains said:

Mostyn is good at this he's a typical politician. 

Mostyn hasn't been tricksy. This isn't some excellent play by a mastermind (Sorry, @Mostyn6) - people just need to read stuff before they choose. This thread is a good life lesson. 

Plus this forum could do with a major injection of patience anyway. I'm in favour. 

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Mostyn hasn't been tricksy. This isn't some excellent play by a mastermind (Sorry, @Mostyn6) - people just need to read stuff before they choose. This thread is a good life lesson. 

Plus this forum could do with a major injection of patience anyway. I'm in favour. 

He always does it to extenuate his own view. 

Mostyn is on the podcast next week.  

Shoud be fireworks lol. 

7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

what are you on about? WBA took ages getting up, but played good stuff and yo-yoed 3 times before settling, whilst having about 6 managers!

Norwich went up, came down (lets be avin you), and suffered TWO relegations. 

I would say it did harm to both. My close Baggies friends were miserable when they literally didn't even try to avoid relegation! Norwich played in 3rd division. Pick better examples!

So you can stand 2 more seasons in the Championship. 

A lot if us will be dead by then. 

We may never see Derby back in the Premier League. 

Forest may beat us to it .

Just now, curtains said:

So you can stand 2 more seasons I the Championship. 

Those people who'll die... you want their last season watching Derby to be getting humiliated in the prem? That's an awful thing to wish upon them. 

Just now, Wolfie said:

Seeing as the first option only gives visibility of 2 years, where as the second option has 7 years, it's a non-vote for me. Hardly a fair comparison.

Hey look @Mostyn6 - more people are reading first! This thread might become a good filter :p 

Just now, SaintRam said:

Those people who'll die... you want their last season watching Derby to be getting humiliated in the prem? That's an awful thing to wish upon them. 

If Mel Morris has any bottle he will buy some players with the extra 200 million and we will stay up like we are capable of doing. 

Hang on if Mel voted option 2 like Mostyn said he did then I believe this season is over. 

Just now, curtains said:

If Mel Morris has any bottle he will buy some players with the extra 200 million and we will stay up like we are capable of doing. 

Hang on if Mel voted option 2 like Mostyn said he did then I believe this season is over. 

You're still missing the point. Wildly. 

Just now, curtains said:

I'm not but please feel free to enlighten me. 

Thanks. 

You can't be getting the point of this thread and then blast the hypothetical of MM picking option 2 over option 1. That doesn't make sense. Why would a business owner select 200m this season + immediate relegation over 200m+ next season and 5 years minimum of prem football (lots more money)? 

You're still using this thread to say that you think we should get promoted this season then stay up. That is NOT the point of this thread, in the world of this thread it is IMPOSSIBLE to get promoted this season and stay up. 

If you don't like the world @Mostyn6 has created, don't get stuck here arguing about it. 

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

Curtains, I will answer this totally honestly.

I would much prefer 10 years of competitive championship football, watching homegrown and hardworking players performing brilliantly and scoring worldclass goals, than be non-runners in the Premier League.  A league that is full of ignorance, attitude, delusion and entitlement. I have no interest in seeing the best players in the world playing for the opposition at all. I would not appreciate witnessing Sergio Aguero humiliating Richard Keogh just because he's one of the best strikers in the world. Even if Derby never get to the Premier League again in my lifetime, I could abide it as long as we remained entertaining and competitive.

My gripes under Nigel Clough were about us not appearing to be trying to win. My best times as a Derby fan were initially the early 90s, trying for promotion with Gabbiadini, Tommy Johnson, Simmo and co, we didn't succeed, but entertained and were competitive. I also enjoyed the last BBG season and first couple of PP seasons in the Premier League, but then we became dull and uncompetitive and it was depressing, as was most of the 00s (apart from the Burley play-off season).

I would suggest our last 3 seasons have been better as a Rams fan than say, Villa fans, Sunderland fans and Newcastle fans. BUT they have been in the PL with all the PL money. PL money doesn't negate PL misery.

12 minutes ago, curtains said:

You talk like it's a death sentence. I like the championship. It doesn't mean I don't want promotion, but I'll be quite happy watching Derby at championship level if it doesn't happen.

Archived