Echte Liebe

Yani P

We should learn something from the Dortmund fans. Just watching their game v Bayern and they dont stay quiet do they. If they lose the ball you dont hear moans and groans. If they are under pressure there is no sense of impending doom.

And all because their philosophy revolves around Echte Liebe - real love - genuine love, love, love that is not dependent upon anything, love without any preconditions.

Thats the proper way to support your team on match days..

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure how we're supposed to turn German overnight.

I think we should get behind the team more when we struggle than we do, but culturally speaking, English and German fans are very different. German fans tend to have a large group of singers who sing chants almost no matter what, and Dortmund are obviously the best example of that, while the atmosphere at English matches tend to ebb and flow with the pace of the game.

6 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

I thought the southstand was good today.

I sit in the West Stand and my little lad said "why do they only sing over there dad", my response was that the others decided to sit in other stands!

Nice to hear "We are Derby" going for a few minutes.

At the expense of me being ripped to pieces by some, I'm going to put my head on the chopping block and say that on the whole our support is an embarrassment.

18 months of us telling everyone out great our team is, then as soon as anything went wrong the knives were out.

We've seen our chairman, our ceo, our manager, our interim manager, our players, even our players families vilified.

With that obviously not being enough, we have now even started booing substitutions and emptying the ground when winning.

The sight of a winning DCFC being clapped of by about 10,000 fans is a complete embarrassment.

For anyone demanding more from the chairman, manager, players have a think about whether you are actually contributing to the cause or not.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

At the expense of me being ripped to pieces by some, I'm going to put my head on the chopping block and say that on the whole our support is an embarrassment.

18 months of us telling everyone out great our team is, then as soon as anything went wrong the knives were out.

We've seen our chairman, our ceo, our manager, our interim manager, our players, even our players families vilified.

With that obviously not being enough, we have now even started booing substitutions and emptying the ground when winning.

The sight of a winning DCFC being clapped of by about 10,000 fans is a complete embarrassment.

For anyone demanding more from the chairman, manager, players have a think about whether you are actually contributing to the cause or not.

This gets my nomination for the post of the year.

8 hours ago, Highgate said:

Unconditional love for your club is great....but i will never be able be able to love a player who pulls on a Rams shirt and gives less that 100%.  I can forgive them being s***, but not a lack of interest.

And what players is that aimed at exactly? 

I didn't see a lack of effort from any yesterday yet I was an awful lot of empty seats before the final whistle.

Please can we get back to talking about German extremism.

they are all barsterds

they invade other countries.

they eat huge sausages that look like willies

and are generally bad news.

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

And what players is that aimed at exactly? 

I didn't see a lack of effort from any yesterday yet I was an awful lot of empty seats before the final whistle.

Perhaps they left out of embarrassment - after all, many booed the substitutions, so one must assume that they disagreed with them very strongly - and of course when it was clear that the substitutions were directly responsible for the 100% improvement in the performance during the last 20 minutes, they couldn't handle the fact that perhaps Darren Wassall did know more than they did?

I really don't know what some people want ? We're the best supported club in the league ! Home and away ! You want to get all 4 stands singing all game ? It's never going to happen ! You name any ground in England were fans from all 4 stands are singing continually throughout the game.  Booing in general is not a good vibe . Totally agree with that.  And stopping till the end I had a moan about on another thread and got lectured about travelling etc etc .... so I keep my mouth shut on it now . 

All in all I think we've got good support which were trying to improve as a club much to the credit of the @The 1884 Group and Mel.  

17 hours ago, eddie said:

Nice to hear "We are Derby" going for a few minutes.

instead of cringy wordy chants that aren't that funny I much prefer something simple just bellowed out repeatedly for long stretches of time. I remember one match under Clough where the fans sang 'We are Derby' for what seemed like 20 minutes even though we weren't playing well and it was fantastic. 

I think 'We are Derby', 'Since I was young' and that 'wooooaaaahhhhh woaaaaaaahhhhhhh la la la la la la la laa chanting' works best for this. They're all long enough to build up momentum but short enough so that when repeated plenty of opportunity for people to join in. 

Archived