GRRR!!! NOT HACKED OFF IN THE SLIGHTEST!!!

wixman1884

Look I'm ok with everything up until wassel ,,, PC appointment a mistake ,, it happens,,, pc sacked in a rush with no one lined up,, Mel felt his hand was forced for whatever reason?   Again it happens ,,, then it goes tits up ,, yes appoint wassel temporarily while we seek the right man for the job,, it makes certain sense ,,, but to say wassel has the job till the end of the season on trial with a view to winning the job whilst telling 20 odd thousand season ticket holders and the rest of the long suffering fan base that promotion is not a priority whilst we are in the shake up and being ok in presiding over another derby county embarrassing collapse , now that's ****** ,, a massive mistake and a disrespectful slap in the face to good loyal Derby fans,,, tell us PC was all wrong and wassell is in temporary charge fighting for promotion whilst we move heaven and earth to get the right man ,,, I'm fully on board with that , but not the above ,,, am I wrong ?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, scarboroughwa said:

Exactly, and all the likes just show what a small minded core we have.

Meanwhile, your astute retort harvested......

None.

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

What's so great about Pearson?

Two promotions and two play off finishes, plus 14th place in the Premier League in five full season. That was with a net spend of less than £5m whilst sorting out the bloated mess of a squad which Sven left. He also built the squad which is leading the Premier League. Completely bizarre question!

11 minutes ago, barnsley ram said:

does that mean player power got clements the sack?

Not much power in our players on Saturday, mind.

1 hour ago, archied said:

Look I'm ok with everything up until wassel ,,, PC appointment a mistake ,, it happens,,, pc sacked in a rush with no one lined up,, Mel felt his hand was forced for whatever reason?   Again it happens ,,, then it goes tits up ,, yes appoint wassel temporarily while we seek the right man for the job,, it makes certain sense ,,, but to say wassel has the job till the end of the season on trial with a view to winning the job whilst telling 20 odd thousand season ticket holders and the rest of the long suffering fan base that promotion is not a priority whilst we are in the shake up and being ok in presiding over another derby county embarrassing collapse , now that's ****** ,, a massive mistake and a disrespectful slap in the face to good loyal Derby fans,,, tell us PC was all wrong and wassell is in temporary charge fighting for promotion whilst we move heaven and earth to get the right man ,,, I'm fully on board with that , but not the above ,,, am I wrong ?

Mel Morris has been saying since the start of the season that promotion isn't the priority though.

4 hours ago, scarboroughwa said:

Exactly, and all the likes just show what a small minded core we have.

How rude! Never could you say that about me. 

I kniw someone who works for Leics City and believe me we do not want Pearson. Anyway, give him a few months and if we aren't whitewashing the league you'll all be hounding him out as per

42 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Two promotions and two play off finishes, plus 14th place in the Premier League in five full season. That was with a net spend of less than £5m whilst sorting out the bloated mess of a squad which Sven left. He also built the squad which is leading the Premier League. Completely bizarre question!

"Built the squad that is leading the Premier League" could also be viewed as "having a top of the table squad and have them battle against relegation" - all about perspective.

Well if he gets the job hopefully he doesn't tell any of us to "f off and die" 

is this really the image we want for Derby? We want a bully in charge who wants to remind everyone at every opportunity how tough he is. Maybe he can lamp a Forest player during the game, throw some f's into Steve Nicholson pre game. 

Its like Utd fans not wanting Mourinho (although that opinion has lessened since LVG). It's not because they don't think he's good, it's because they don't like him. Pearson has a good managerial history but I don't want him at Derby just as I wouldn't want Joey Barton playing for us. 

9 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

Grrrr!

Don't get me wrong, I was pretty gutted about the Wolves performance and in no way do we look like a top 2 side at the moment, but I'm having a very hard time understanding the vitriol directed towards Mel, Rush and Wassall.

I'm not really entirely sure where all these huge glaring mistakes are that Mel has made since he came in either. By all accounts, McClaren's position was untenable, he had to go. We took a gamble on an unproven manager with enormous pedigree as an assistant. After an uninspiring albeit successful first half to the season, we took a complete nosedive and Mel saw it necessary to remove Clement. His reasoning may have seemed fuzzy at the time, but what is clear now is that he deemed Clement toxic to the culture of the club and wanted him replaced immediately. Wassall has been put in charge TEMPORARILY, presumably because Mel's target/targets aren't currently available and will be in the summer. If nothing else, DW's a likable, professional guy and knew the squad already. He's easily the smartest temporary appointment given the circumstances.

We've been far from spectacular under Wassall (although, he's had a better start than Clement did) but I'd be surprised if we didn't finish in the top 6 this season can only assume that people still (until last week) had some secret certainty that we would finish in the top two.

The only thing I've not been happy about is the vast sums we've been spending on players - this is the only mistake I think Mel has made - bloating the squad. It also shifts the narrative and we become "BIG SPENDING" Derby and suddenly everyone resents us.

This post is a bit of a call to reason - I'm truly pretty shocked by some of the reaction this week.

Oh and no, no, categorically no, we don't want Nigel Clough back.

For Crying out loud!! What on earth are you doing spouting all this ? I've had tears rolling down my cheeks reading some of the comical suicidal drivel some have been posting in recent weeks, and you go and post something I 100% agree with. 

I love the fact that so many experts think you wave a magic wand and get a manager who guarantees you promotion.

I mean there's loads of them lined up.

They won't even need time to get their ideas and style across to the players.

They literally just come in and guarantee promotion.

It's astounding that Mel has missed a trick here.

How can we blame Wassall, hes not the man hes been put in charge until the end of the season like others have said, trying his best to put square pegs in round holes, mistakes were made last summer Ince ,Bent ,Wiemann, Pearce then Clement that's were it all went wrong.

31 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Mel Morris has been saying since the start of the season that promotion isn't the priority though.

Yes but the subtle difference there was Mel was saying he felt he had the right man for the job long term to build his vision for Derby so he would be given time hence promotion not his or PC priority this season,, different ball game from lets put dazzling in till end of season and see how he gets on ? One is promotion not priority with a clear focused plan in place , the other rudderless drifting ,, again I say I'm behind Mel , don't want him out but he really needs to come out and give the fans some hope and direction,,,, there is no real manager at the helm so Mel is at this point rightly or wrongly the only real go to figure head at the club

G star you are right there are no garuntees , but come on mate be right you can load the dice in your favour hugely by taking note of lots of factors ,, experience , record and such like ,,,,,,, you don't see too many poor bookies so I'm guessing they are on to something using these factors to work out odds,,, and if Mel ain't doing the same then yes he really is missing a trick

25 minutes ago, WilkoRam said:

"Built the squad that is leading the Premier League" could also be viewed as "having a top of the table squad and have them battle against relegation" - all about perspective.

Well if he gets the job hopefully he doesn't tell any of us to "f off and die" 

is this really the image we want for Derby? We want a bully in charge who wants to remind everyone at every opportunity how tough he is. Maybe he can lamp a Forest player during the game, throw some f's into Steve Nicholson pre game. 

Its like Utd fans not wanting Mourinho (although that opinion has lessened since LVG). It's not because they don't think he's good, it's because they don't like him. Pearson has a good managerial history but I don't want him at Derby just as I wouldn't want Joey Barton playing for us. 

But that wasn't the question - you have put forward answers the the question - 'What's so bad about Nigel Pearson?'

It's very true that Pearson is not as cuddly as Wassall, or for that matter Colin Murphy, Colin Addison or John Newman. Personally, I don't believe that anyone without a bit of an attitude has a chance of sorting the situation out. For a good chunk of the last twelve months we've displayed relegation form. FFP will mean that we can't spend very much next season. If Mel goes for another nice but inexperienced manager we may well be getting out of the Championship next season, but not in the direction we want.

Although Pearson is not the only candidate that I'd be happy with (Howe, Dyche, Rodgers, Rowett, Warburton and Monk all fine), he is the one with the best CV for our situation - and for that I'd put up with his baggage.

20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I love the fact that so many experts think you wave a magic wand and get a manager who guarantees you promotion.

I mean there's loads of them lined up.

They won't even need time to get their ideas and style across to the players.

They literally just come in and guarantee promotion.

It's astounding that Mel has missed a trick here.

So you're suggesting that the choice of manager is unimportant?

36 minutes ago, falconram said:

How can we blame Wassall, hes not the man hes been put in charge until the end of the season like others have said, trying his best to put square pegs in round holes, mistakes were made last summer Ince ,Bent ,Wiemann, Pearce then Clement that's were it all went wrong.

A Melange of miscalculation

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Pretty much agree with all that.

It looks like Wass will be slaughtered by glory hunters if he doesn't win every game.

I wish there'd have been Internet in 1983. All 8,000 of us would have been on here moaning like ****!

Nowt wrong with 1983 if you liked entertainment of a comedy variety. Frank Gamble and Paul Emson never cost 10 million quid did they now!! :p

34 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

So you're suggesting that the choice of manager is unimportant?

Am I? Not sure how you decipher that from what I wrote?

You're not one of those who has twisted Mel's words into 'we don't want promotion' too are you?

Archived