GRRR!!! NOT HACKED OFF IN THE SLIGHTEST!!!

wixman1884

13 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

Grrrr!

Don't get me wrong, I was pretty gutted about the Wolves performance and in no way do we look like a top 2 side at the moment, but I'm having a very hard time understanding the vitriol directed towards Mel, Rush and Wassall.

I'm not really entirely sure where all these huge glaring mistakes are that Mel has made since he came in either. By all accounts, McClaren's position was untenable, he had to go. We took a gamble on an unproven manager with enormous pedigree as an assistant. After an uninspiring albeit successful first half to the season, we took a complete nosedive and Mel saw it necessary to remove Clement. His reasoning may have seemed fuzzy at the time, but what is clear now is that he deemed Clement toxic to the culture of the club and wanted him replaced immediately. Wassall has been put in charge TEMPORARILY, presumably because Mel's target/targets aren't currently available and will be in the summer. If nothing else, DW's a likable, professional guy and knew the squad already. He's easily the smartest temporary appointment given the circumstances.

We've been far from spectacular under Wassall (although, he's had a better start than Clement did) but I'd be surprised if we didn't finish in the top 6 this season can only assume that people still (until last week) had some secret certainty that we would finish in the top two.

The only thing I've not been happy about is the vast sums we've been spending on players - this is the only mistake I think Mel has made - bloating the squad. It also shifts the narrative and we become "BIG SPENDING" Derby and suddenly everyone resents us.

This post is a bit of a call to reason - I'm truly pretty shocked by some of the reaction this week.

Oh and no, no, categorically no, we don't want Nigel Clough back.

You have a like for last bit!!! 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Still being rude though aren't you?

I was replying to various comments on this thread in my second paragraph. Probably why my post count is so low even with 5 years membership. 

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so ******* what?' —Stephen Fry

and who cares what you're referring to with a post count.

Point is, there's numerous posts on what this thread bought up (again, and again) but there's a little 'like' fest, all over again.

Tell me, with all of this information including the breakfast, and all of the other information on the net, how much information do you actually think we are privileged to?

I would say that if you think it's any more than 10%, you're dreaming, even if your mate does work for Leicester City.

3 minutes ago, scarboroughwa said:

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so ******* what?' —Stephen Fry

and who cares what you're referring to with a post count.

Point is, there's numerous posts on what this thread bought up (again, and again) but there's a little 'like' fest, all over again.

Tell me, with all of this information including the breakfast, and all of the other information on the net, how much information do you actually think we are privileged to?

I would say that if you think it's any more than 10%, you're dreaming.

I'm sorry if you want an argument because you won't get one from me. I'm not offended, I just said you're being rude. In fact I posted recently that people are habitually offended by silly stuff like Wassall and saying he's trying to insult their intelligence. 

Anyway, I'm out, you're not even reading what I say before you say 'who cares'. I don't. 

7 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I'm sorry if you want an argument because you won't get one from me. I'm not offended, I just said you're being rude. In fact I posted recently that people are habitually offended by silly stuff like Wassall and saying he's trying to insult their intelligence. 

Anyway, I'm out, you're not even reading what I say before you say 'who cares'. I don't. 

So you butted in, were challenged and didn't like it, and you're out. Fair enough.

5 minutes ago, scarboroughwa said:

So you butted in, were challenged and didn't like it, and you're out. Fair enough.

Put your opinion across in a well rounded, articulate post, and then we can debate it. Looking through this thread, all you've done is but in with one liners rubbishing everyone else.

Just now, Srg said:

Put your opinion across in a well rounded, articulate post, and then we can debate it. Looking through this thread, all you've done is but in with one liners rubbishing everyone else.

You're right, it would have been much more debatable if the respondee had done this.

7 minutes ago, scarboroughwa said:

You're right, it would have been much more debatable if the respondee had done this.

Ok here's my point. 

You said we have a small minded core. That was you saying something which I didn't agree with. As srg says, you drop one liners in to insult posters. Forums are for debate, banter etc but you've dropped a statement in there and I came back and you didn't like it. Debate away but getting at people isn't good  

The point about wanting Pearson is something coming up time and again and I said I don't agree and the reason why. I'm not going to add details as it's quite personal by an employee of the club. 

My point about my post count was just to say I don't always post separately to add my comments on various topics, my bad. 

I'm out because I don't do personal jibes at posters on forums. 

1 minute ago, Ewe Ram said:

Ok here's my point. 

You said we have a small minded core. That was you saying something which I didn't agree with. As srg says, you drop one liners in to insult posters. Forums are for debate, banter etc but you've dropped a statement in there and I came back and you didn't like it. Debate away but getting at people isn't good  

The point about wanting Pearson is something coming up time and again and I said I don't agree and the reason why. I'm not going to add details as it's quite personal by an employee of the club. 

My point about my post count was just to say I don't always post separately to add my comments on various topics, my bad. 

I'm out because I don't do personal jibes at posters on forums. 

Are you done?

1 hour ago, Ewe Ram said:

Still being rude though aren't you?

I was replying to various comments on this thread in my second paragraph. Probably why my post count is so low even with 5 years membership. 

Me too. I only post when I have something worth saying.

3 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

The forum elite will not be happy with this. Only they are allowed to have special secrets and inside info.

25 minutes ago, Srg said:

Works for me, you wet lettuce.

45 minutes ago, WilkoRam said:

Wait can I check - do we need to pick sides and meet on the canal path after school or can you two just stop now?

I pick the back side. Let's meet in the heath. The canal path is too exposed. 

8 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

Two promotions and two play off finishes, plus 14th place in the Premier League in five full season. That was with a net spend of less than £5m whilst sorting out the bloated mess of a squad which Sven left. He also built the squad which is leading the Premier League. Completely bizarre question!

It was his 3rd (2nd) full season when he took big spending Leicester up. In his first full season they only scraped the play offs on the last day on GD. 

Do you think our fans will give him that sort of time? Wassall has had less than 5 games and he's not the man. 

Archived