Hughes back into to full first team training

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all seriousness*:

I really hope Hughes doesn't become the next scapegoat when he comes back and isn't match sharp, thus not putting in the graceful performances we all know he can. I hope he's given time, if only to get on the pitch and not be scared of the injury recurring.

*probably should preface all my serious posts with this. That way everyone knows when I'm being sarcastic. Emoticons don't work

16 hours ago, richinspain said:

But he said in the top 10, not the top 10 in the championship. We all know that Forest are in the top 10 in Europe if you go by the number of stars on their shirt 

That is their problem, stars on the shirt may look good, pity they have no stars in the shirts.

Let's not compound what should be a carefully managed, gradual return by heaping ludicrous expectations on the lad.

He's not omnipotent and has been involved in some of our worst capitulations last season eg reading on last day.

We should be demanding that the rest of the team raise their games to provide will with the environment in which he can flourish, not expecting him to carry the rest of the underperforning layabouts ☺

6 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

It's amazing to think that he's still only 20!

And easy to forget Hendrick's age. Both have a lot of Championship experience between them. 

So many years ahead to go off and learn from different people and environments (hopefully not just yet)

We expect them to be more complete players but they've got so much time to develop the weaker sides of their game.

Not that Hughes has many weaknesses. If he blasted a few 30 yarders in for highlights reels then the hype would be in overdrive. Thankfully for Derby, his genius makes for dull highlights but has a huge impact on us getting the ball to the right people in the right situations. 

I am looking forward to him being on the pitch with Thorne, Ince and possibly Olsson all on form .. As I have a feeling they are the players we have that as someone put it earlier .. Can unpick defences .. Not as battering rams or high energy chasers but moments of individual skill and killer passes. 

Thorne, Bryson and Hughes is our best midfield trio. Take the Bolton game injuries out of it, and I think we'd be way clear at the top now, with Paul Clement happily basking in the glory.

Our best player in Hughes back fit, top 6, Harry in to give the place a short term lift, just beat florist...8 games to find some form and get Will fit, then nick the offs. Might just happen.

11 hours ago, needles said:

Thorne, Bryson and Hughes is our best midfield trio. Take the Bolton game injuries out of it, and I think we'd be way clear at the top now, with Paul Clement happily basking in the glory.

Our best player in Hughes back fit, top 6, Harry in to give the place a short term lift, just beat florist...8 games to find some form and get Will fit, then nick the offs. Might just happen.

Don't disagree with much of this other than top part :)

Archived