Slow and Laborious

rammieib

4 minutes ago, JW37 said:

But if Danny Graham was any good they could've scored 3

But we could of also scored 4-6 goals. Swings and roundabouts. I couldn't believe the texts and people moaning. We won at the end of the day created more chances then I've seen in a long time. Heck we put more then 3 passes together quick ones and that.. Made me embarrassed to be a Derby fan listening to that **** last night. Maybe we should pass it back all the time again seems people don't like us creating chances.. Jesus christ!!!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C'mon boys and girls, these players are human. They have not won at home since boxing day, they have been roundly booed at the end of games and occasionally during. They have tumbled from top of the league to the edge of dropping out of the play-off positions. The manager has a half-time chat about the need to keep a clean sheet, they had a physically strong side playing against them and a striker you they struggled to contain in the first half. Of course nerves came in to it, they were a goal up and the most important thing was to keep it that way. I thought the defense improved massively in the second half as a unit and despite Blackburn throwing their usual high balls into the box we defended really well with them barely threatening the goal. Had we scored a second goal they would have maybe relaxed a bit more. That will come if / when the points total increases to make us more secure in the play-off positions. 

Im more than happy with back to back wins, i thought we had some good spells in last nights game, we created a few chances as well, keep it going lads. In other shocking news, a professional football team called Blackburn Rovers came to the ipro and actually gave us a game.They had the audacity to pass,move and create chances, this is surely against football league rules, as they should of rolled over and had there bellies tickled, whilst Derby won 10 nil,such is our devine right to walk into the premier league. •Warning sarcasm•

1 minute ago, Ashz09 said:

But we could of also scored 4-6 goals. Swings and roundabouts. I couldn't believe the texts and people moaning. We won at the end of the day created more chances then I've seen in a long time. Heck we put more then 3 passes together quick ones and that.. Made me embarrassed to be a Derby fan listening to that **** last night. Maybe we should pass it back all the time again seems people don't like us creating chances.. Jesus christ!!!!

Won yes but it still wasn't great and the performances are/were the problem. I'm not part of the £25mil brigade but we've not been able to break down a defensive team comfortably all season apart from Bristol City. I and everyone else wants to see us smash teams like Blackburn 3/4/5-0. Were going up anyway COYR 

A win is a win to get some confidence back into the players, I do agree with some comments on here regarding it was much like a Clement type of game, we were good first half and switched off the 2nd half - much like the rest of the games prior to boxing day.

I was thinking about how relieved the Samaritans would have been last night and probably even told a couple of members of staff to have an early night as soon as the final whistle went and they saw we had won. But then I turned the radio on as I got in the car and listened to comments made about the game and decided that there was more chance of them calling overtime than letting staff go early. What a miserable bleeding bunch we have following our team!

I'd love to comment on our playstyle last night but unfortunately I had to listen to Dawes and Ramage doing everything in their power to not talk about the ******* game. 

2 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I was thinking about how relieved the Samaritans would have been last night and probably even told a couple of members of staff to have an early night as soon as the final whistle went and they saw we had won. But then I turned the radio on as I got in the car and listened to comments made about the game and decided that there was more chance of them calling overtime than letting staff go early. What a miserable bleeding bunch we have following our team!

It's the moaning minority, normal folk disscuss pro's/cons and move on. The moaners never seem to move on rinse/repeat/yawn/ bore off.

Hardly any texts and phone calls on the moan in when we're winning. Typical. I never listen when we lose or even draw as you know it's going to be a depressing listen. Ramage sometimes talking sense and some Derby fan talking nonsense. has a theme lol.

9 hours ago, 86 points said:

Bloody hell fire, coming off the run we've had you'd think consecutive wins would cheer a few folk up. Should have known better!

You're right, but remember we've been ordered to think not about results, because that's not what matters.

It's performances that matter. Performances.

Both managers were right in a way; Derby the better side in the first half, Blackburn in the second. Neither though were outstanding, scintillating and/or brilliant. 

2 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

You're right, but remember we've been ordered to think not about results, because that's not what matters.

It's performances that matter. Performances.

Both managers were right in a way; Derby the better side in the first half, Blackburn in the second. Neither though were outstanding, scintillating and/or brilliant. 

Classic!:thumbsup:

FFS!!

What were people expecting tonight? If it was a fast, free-flowing 5-0 win you are utterly delusional.

Blackburn have the 3rd (I think) best defensive record in the league, we are in the middle of changing our whole approach to games, confidence is fragile, fans are edgy, haven't won at home this year and players aren't fit enough.

I felt we saw glimpses of "the old Derby" tonight, particularly first half and Carson was really rarely troubled. Yes, there were times when it didn't work, but these are Championship players desperately wanting a home win in front of a hugely expectant crowd.

Enjoy the bloody win. And as for Wolves, I read one person saying they expect a win on Saturday??? Why? We haven't won 3 on the bounce for absolutely ages and Wolves away has never ever been an easy game for Derby. Hope for a win, believe in a win, but expect it??

Why can't people just concentrate on getting behind the team. The second half last night they needed support from the fans as they looked to end the poor home run, and it just wasn't there. The players are winning, the coach is motivating the team, the club seems back on track again, where are the fans? When is it our turn to start showing up again and turning the iPro into an intimidating place for away teams.

Rant over.

I'm not complaining about 3 points - 3 points to me is the most important thing BUT our chairman sacked a manager for not displaying a certain ethos in the type of football.

I've now seen two home Derby games under a manager who stated from the beginning he intended to bring this type of football back to DCFC. In those two home games I've not seen any difference in the way we play, bar playing a LB who actually gets forward.

My point though is who was telling Carson to slow the game down to such a level it became tediously suicidal! The amount of time it took him to take a goal kick or a free kick was painful. The referee told him to speed up after 30 minutes!

We took one quick free kick all night (Led to a goal - funny that) but otherwise they took ages to take.

How are we supposed to play the Derby way if this is the style that Wassall is adapting. I don't buy this "He's only had three games" rubbish. Positional play and an understanding of when to and when not to attack comes over time. Trying to adapt a sense of urgency into a game could come straight away.

I was just utterly bored last night. Bar a 5 minute spell in the second half (In and around when Martin had his 1-on-1) we were slow, we stuttered, we made bad decisions, we lacked intelligence and we didn't seem to have a cohesive game plan.

Defensively we were solid.

18 minutes ago, The 1884 Group said:

FFS!!

What were people expecting tonight? If it was a fast, free-flowing 5-0 win you are utterly delusional.

Blackburn have the 3rd (I think) best defensive record in the league, we are in the middle of changing our whole approach to games, confidence is fragile, fans are edgy, haven't won at home this year and players aren't fit enough.

I felt we saw glimpses of "the old Derby" tonight, particularly first half and Carson was really rarely troubled. Yes, there were times when it didn't work, but these are Championship players desperately wanting a home win in front of a hugely expectant crowd.

Enjoy the bloody win. And as for Wolves, I read one person saying they expect a win on Saturday??? Why? We haven't won 3 on the bounce for absolutely ages and Wolves away has never ever been an easy game for Derby. Hope for a win, believe in a win, but expect it??

Why can't people just concentrate on getting behind the team. The second half last night they needed support from the fans as they looked to end the poor home run, and it just wasn't there. The players are winning, the coach is motivating the team, the club seems back on track again, where are the fans? When is it our turn to start showing up again and turning the iPro into an intimidating place for away teams.

Rant over.

Were are the fans you ask ? Well the majority around me were leaving at 79 minutes ???? Puzzles me ! It's like going to the cinema and leaving 10 minutes before the end ! You wouldn't do it ! 

Just now, RiddingsRam said:

Were are the fans you ask ? Well the majority around me were leaving at 79 minutes ???? Puzzles me ! It's like going to the cinema and leaving 10 minutes before the end ! You wouldn't do it ! 

Some people would if the cinema contained 27,000+ people, to avoid the crowds/traffic jams after. I struggle to be around that many people, when I do occasionally talk myself into going to a game I wait for 10 minutes after before leaving so I'm not walking through crowds.

2 hours ago, Seth's left foot said:

Thorne is a big miss and i'd like to see Camara given a start,he might inject some much needed tempo like Russell tries to do but hopefully with more success. Ince can't play wide IMO, he needs to play behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1.

I don't think it's so much that he can't play out wide and must be a 10. I think Ince needs to be given freedom and a liscence to roam to be effective. Something Clement only gave him a chance to do when he was playing as a 10. 

28 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I've now seen two home Derby games under a manager who stated from the beginning he intended to bring this type of football back to DCFC. In those two home games I've not seen any difference in the way we play, bar playing a LB who actually gets forward.

I must have been at a different game to you last night then.

48 minutes ago, cannable said:

I don't think it's so much that he can't play out wide and must be a 10. I think Ince needs to be given freedom and a liscence to roam to be effective. Something Clement only gave him a chance to do when he was playing as a 10. 

That's pretty much my take on it. And while Ince may prefer playing in the hole, I don't think it suits the rest of the team. To play there, you need to be a clever player who can grab hold of the game and pick passes - like Gomez did for Blackburn last night and Piazon did for Reading.  Ince Is skillful, quick and a good finisher, but he's not that kind of creative player, so we end up with both wingers and Ince all dribbling and making runs, with no one showing for passes and linking up.

Archived