Butterfield proving his worth

North East Ram

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Value is an interesting argument. 

Bradley Johnson was worth £6m when we bought him because he was signed as the highest scoring wideman in the Championship from the most recent season. 

In fact, Johnson scored 15 goals in 44 Championship matches last season. Butterfield had managed just 17 in 182 Championship games prior to his move here. 

Johnson also came with fairly recent Premier League experience and had been named as Norwich's player of the year.

Don't forget in his first 10 games here that he was undisputedly our best player too. 

Now, given the facts and information, I can't be the only one that thinks something isn't right. Johnson just needs coaching. The bald youth at Norwich managed it and he was the main reason they won promotion. 

On Butterfield, yes, he's proving himself each and every week. He's having the best season of his career by far. 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Value is an interesting argument. 

Bradley Johnson was worth £6m when we bought him because he was signed as the highest scoring wideman in the Championship from the most recent season. 

In fact, Johnson scored 15 goals in 44 Championship matches last season. Butterfield had managed just 17 in 182 Championship games prior to his move here. 

Johnson also came with fairly recent Premier League experience and had been named as Norwich's player of the year.

Don't forget in his first 10 games here that he was undisputedly our best player too. 

Now, given the facts and information, I can't be the only one that thinks something isn't right. Johnson just needs coaching. The bald youth at Norwich managed it and he was the main reason they won promotion. 

On Butterfield, yes, he's proving himself each and every week. He's having the best season of his career by far. 

I think criticism of Johnson is unfair. I thought he had his best game in a long time tonight, but at times his decision making is bizaree

Butterfield is class. Brilliant player

Much prefer Johnson on the left. Out the way of the intricate stuff but he does come in where he's needed. Olsson provides the sort of wing play. Not impressed by any other wingers so don't see how he's any worse. 

Thought he played alright until everyone started trying to counter attack even when the counter wasn't on. Around about then he got sloppy and slow and it was emphasised by him going central

Butterfield should be in the team easily

he has been our best player after he settled in, cant understand why he is always subbed every time,  the team loses its balance as of last night i dont see any justification for it it must piss him off hendrick looked much more knackered than him after having a excellent first half gave the ball away most of the time in the second half

5 minutes ago, barnsley ram said:

he has been our best player after he settled in, cant understand why he is always subbed every time,  the team loses its balance as of last night i dont see any justification for it it must piss him off hendrick looked much more knackered than him after having a excellent first half gave the ball away most of the time in the second half

How do you judge who is more tired is it an art form then because to me they had both put a shift in  and looked equally tired as did Hanson 

Russell also looked tired when he came off and he had put a good shift in and tried really hard last night and did quite well. 

Archived