We've won a game! Let's list the positives

Kernow

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, YouRams said:

My only gripe with DW today was the amount of times he said outstanding and delighted in one interview. Him and Owen Bradley could benefit from some interview lessons, guarentee you can get a course in it somewhere, probably off groupon. 

Media proficiency will come in time, until then the performances will do the talking for him

56 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

It was Blackman. Martin goes off celebrating but if you look left, Nick goes heading towards the crowd and in he goes.

http://www.skysports.com/football/brentford-vs-derby/339905

the save from Carson directly beforehand was unbelievable. Won us the game.

As much as I'd have liked it to be a save, it was actually a clearance off the line. Look where the ball goes from off the line, it wouldn't have been possible to get such distance from saving it if it had hit Carson.

10 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

Jon, dear boy, is it too much for you to let people enjoy today's result without you resorting to sarcasm ? I sometimes think some of the newer members of this forum are not happy unless they are moaning.

STFU and let those that are happy today remain so. :)

Am i really that new? I couldve been a forum stalker for years....

All joking a side obvs... last week the whole forum thought we were doomed, today were going up again, thus my sarcastic comments

11 hours ago, Rams1884 said:

Just leaving ground now. Pleased with win but do not let anyone lose sight of the fact that for 8O mins we were utter sh t total garbage and clueless. Hopefully though the win will give us a springboard 

I wasn't there so can't directly disagree, but neutral reports suggest a well deserved win. That's rarely stated if the team play badly. 

12 hours ago, ossieram said:

The moaning fans need to wind their necks in and let him get on with his job. Do people really think he was going to come out after the MK Dons game and slate a team already low on confidence instead of praising them and trying to boost morale? The result today has shown that we still have some fighting spirit and Wassall will hopefully say and do all the right things to get the players to demonstrate that again.

there is a difference between not slating the players and throwing superlatives at them. If you hadn't seen the result you'd assume we'd won 5-0 or something. 

28 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

there is a difference between not slating the players and throwing superlatives at them. If you hadn't seen the result you'd assume we'd won 5-0 or something. 

And how did that work out? We win our first game since boxing day and he is still in the wrong!!!

Positives:

Carson is back, and immense at that 

We seem to have a settled back four and its showing with Cyrus and ollson 

Not being afraid to change the front players seemed to improve the standard of play

Not only was there a win, but an improved (not perfect) performance

4 hours ago, ossieram said:

And how did that work out? We win our first game since boxing day and he is still in the wrong!!!

Not at all his changes he made during the match were very good and won us the game. Showed that he can make big decisions and change things mid game. 

I'm saying in my opinion he wasn't professional in his interview by having a dig at the fans who have had to endure the sh1te they've been serving up for the last 3 months. 

A positive is that this thread is slightly more commented on then the stupid banality that exits on the OB criticism thread.

Positives - we won; we won after being a goal down; we won so late in the game; our top scorer scored; our subs positively changed the game; we scored 3 away from home; we won in the league for the first time this year; we won for the first time in 8 games; we won in London for the first time in years; the players showed passion; the manager showed passion; we could stand on a terrace; the fans were loud and proud; the local boozers and beer were good. It was a great day out. 

But yeah, I could hardly sleep last as OB asked a question to our manager in his role as journalist. 

If we win the play offs, some of you will moan about its too far to walk from Wembley to the underground station which, boo hoo, isn't even underground.

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

Not at all his changes he made during the match were very good and won us the game. Showed that he can make big decisions and change things mid game. 

I'm saying in my opinion he wasn't professional in his interview by having a dig at the fans who have had to endure the sh1te they've been serving up for the last 3 months. 

Well I'm a fan and I think he was within his rights to have a dig. Maybe it's the over sensitive fans that like to dish crap out and can't take it back that get offended.

On 21 February 2016 at 15:54, ossieram said:

Well I'm a fan and I think he was within his rights to have a dig. Maybe it's the over sensitive fans that like to dish crap out and can't take it back that get offended.

Well you've gone personal. Very big of you. I must be over sensitive for not wanting to hear that our prospective manager was delighted with the performance v MK. Even more sensitive to be annoyed that he'd make a sarcastic comment about the deserved criticism for that delighted comment...rather than talk about the positives... 

I reckon you ought to accept other fans can have opinions without being over sensitive. The club hasn't got a divine right to avoid criticism when deserved. 

57 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Well you've gone personal. Very big of you. I must be over sensitive for not wanting to hear that our prospective manager was delighted with the performance v MK. Even more sensitive to be annoyed that he'd make a sarcastic comment about the deserved criticism for that delighted comment...rather than talk about the positives... 

I reckon you ought to accept other fans can have opinions without being over sensitive. The club hasn't got a divine right to avoid criticism when deserved. 

Imagine being criticised 3 days into your job... you do work don't you?

Archived