Rams sign multi-million pound synthetic pitch deal

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rampage said:

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT, NSR

I'm honestly scared he will ruin the club.

There will inevitably be a point in either league where we are not doing well. Morris will take a brunt of criticism from the fans and he may choose to walk away at any point.

However, I'm certainly not against his investment, and specifically on items like this. This is EXACTLY how the club should be run. We are making a significant investment (probably not as huge as the article makes out or that is maintenance included over a number of years) that I'm sure Mel signed of but the club isn't making a fanfare of it, The club haven't done a press release telling us how Mel is paying for it and the right people are commenting. (This falls under Operations). 

Im also aware that the club have awarded a one million pound contract to Robinsons (A steel contractor) to do some work on the ground. No idea what is being done but I assume it is some improvements of some type. Again, no fanfare, get the work done, Vicars can issue a statement on DCFC, move on.

The two examples above are exactly how I want Morris to have this club run.

What happens when you get an owner who encourages the club to spend way beyond its means and funds that debt.

at some point the individual or the family might want that debt repaying.

then all the heavy spending can come home to roost and have serious implications

e.g. Bolton.

Well the Nolton situation is a bit different, a large portion of the debt is to the owner and he is going to write it off when he leaves.

12 hours ago, rammieib said:

Im also aware that the club have awarded a one million pound contract to Robinsons (A steel contractor) to do some work on the ground. No idea what is being done but I assume it is some improvements of some type. Again, no fanfare, get the work done, Vicars can issue a statement on DCFC, move on.

Isnt that to do with more office space? The was planning permission sought and was posted about on here....in the stadium expansion thread iirc with people getting giddy over more seats for day trippers...it was actually office space within on of the stands.

This kind of pitch allows us to play the football style we want and has a very even roll and bounce

I assume Clement was wanting the mound down the middle of the pitch removing too? No point having a billiard table smooth pitch if the middle section of pitch between goals is higher than the flanks.

8 hours ago, RamNut said:

What happens when you get an owner who encourages the club to spend way beyond its means and funds that debt.

then all the heavy spending can come home to roost and have serious implications

e.g. Bolton.

e.g. Derby.

8 hours ago, RamNut said:

e.g. Bolton.

has the club debt increased? Is Morriss's investment as loans? Guess we will have to wait until the accounts are published in 2017 to find out. But in the mean time I'm not going to speculate, but take comfort in the fact that the club didn't owe money to its owners in the last accounts.

31 minutes ago, davenportram said:

has the club debt increased? Is Morriss's investment as loans? Guess we will have to wait until the accounts are published in 2017 to find out. But in the mean time I'm not going to speculate, but take comfort in the fact that the club didn't owe money to its owners in the last accounts.

I don't know how it works for sure but didn't Forest owe Doughty £60m as well?

Archived