The Derby Way

Stive Pesley

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Lol I thought it was more of a reflux reaction rather than a corroding effect

You are correct.

When I was involved in pharmaceutical research a lifetime ago, my field was formulation studies, and we determined the pH of bile - I think it was around 6 - and compared it to gastric juice, which was around 1-2 (very acid, approaching that of N/10 hydrochloric acid).

3 minutes ago, eddie said:

You are correct.

When I was involved in pharmaceutical research a lifetime ago, my field was formulation studies, and we determined the pH of bile - I think it was around 6 - and compared it to gastric juice, which was around 1-2 (very acid, approaching that of N/10 hydrochloric acid).

Lol I still enjoyed your original comment did amuse me

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The Derby way is not historic going back many years. Mel is talking about the one & a half seasons under Mclaren. Its a style we wanted to build upon into the future. What is difficult to understand?

Well, seeing as Mel is my age (i.e. even older than Utch), it just might be that Mel thinks back to the best football he ever saw as 'The Derby Way'.

I still associate that as being under the managership of Dave Mackay.

Just now, eddie said:

Well, seeing as Mel is my age (i.e. even older than Utch), it just might be that Mel thinks back to the best football he ever saw as 'The Derby Way'.

I still associate that as being under the managership of Dave Mackay.

If he is going back that far Eddie I wont complain. Used to love watching Colin Todd play. I even bought myself a pair of white boots in his honour.

I can't exactly remember now but i thought when they first went on about the Derby Way it was supposed to be about controlled football, not playing percentages, etc. They talked about Derby under schteve being too open.

When we started passing it about ad nauseum some posters suggested that this possession based football was what it was all supposed to be about? Apparently we needed to be patient etc.

Was still crap, we have had 3 seasons of good football in the past 15 years, 2 ish under steve and uncle georges play off year, and them 6 games under clough when we were unplayable. In actual fact this is probably the 4th best season in that time for performances.

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

If he is going back that far Eddie I wont complain. Used to love watching Colin Todd play. I even bought myself a pair of white boots in his honour.

Not Gladys?

Maybe Mel whispered in Steve McClaren's ear for the secret recipe that he could use as The Derby Way before Steve McClaren started licking humbugs he shouldn't of been licking and then performances hit rock bottom.

Maybe Mel could see enough in Paul Clement's last performance to see the Rams would start putting in better, sweeter performances in a possible chase for promotion and therefore had to again whisper in Paul Clement's ear offering more millions of pounds for the secret recipe that he could steal to create The Derby Way.

Is it anything like The Willy Wonka Way?

fjosja.jpg

17 hours ago, jono said:

In principal you are right but such is ill educated nature of the press and some of the public that they need a buzz word to feed to the masses and the "Derby Way" fits the bill. 

I am showing my age but it is common practice now to try and encapsulate an argument in a simple phrase or cliché. I suppose making something succinct has advantages but the finer points and the detail are too often blurred which leads to misunderstandings. 

I would say that there are clubs that historically have a name for having gifted players and a swashbuckling approach to play.

Man U , Barca, and in times past Spur have that aura . I think this is the intent that MM wants to promote and good for him because apart from a few statisticians and the unimaginative then it's something most of us would like to see. 

Now on what was I saying about keeping things short and sweet 

But he should be smart enough to realise that using the phrase 'Derby Way' is only going to fall into ridicule. If the Derby way falls into the previous two seasons - then what we are really talking about is September 13 to about January 15 - i.e about a season and a half.

I'm sorry - but Morris has embarrassed our club and our fans in the media. The National press have made us a laughing stock (Quite rightly) and Morris is treating the club as a toy. As @alpha would say - its 'Toxic'

Archived