The Derby Way

Stive Pesley

The Derby Way.....yawn....i'm bored of it already.

Perhaps we should try the Brian Clough Way, or the Sir Frank Whittle Way,

or the Lara Croft Way.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

The Derby Way.....yawn....i'm bored of it already.

Perhaps we should try the Brian Clough Way, or the Sir Frank Whittle Way,

or the Lara Croft Way.

Wouldn't mind the Lara Croft way myself :ph34r:

Would Google allow a pic of her?:huh:

7 minutes ago, eddie said:

The Wibbly Wobbly Way.

Does anyone know where that went to?

He came to Derby about a year ago and got sent back to North East and came back down in May and picked up some bloke who had wibble-wobbling since the previous visit to Derby. And they have been wibbly wobbling ever since.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

The Wibbly Wobbly Way.

Does anyone know where that went to?

Paul Clement went down that road... Was pretty boring route though, every car going left or right... Not forwards... 

1 minute ago, rynny said:

Good post Don, the only thing I will point out is that I did correct the sacking of SM, after a gentle reminder that MM did make the decision.

Thanks mate. Name's David. The 'Don' in the nickname comes from my AFL team, Essendon. (Wish I could change my profile name actually.)

As I said, it was a minor quibble in such a good post. You were actually technically correct, just in the way that Robert Maxwell would have been if he'd told his employees that the superannuation fund manager hadn't invested their retirement money very well! (I like that joke. Any chance to sink the boots into Robert bloody Maxwell!)

And I really only included it to segue to the fact that Mel, as grateful as I am to him, needs to seriously think about what's happened with Mac and PC.

8 hours ago, rynny said:

I am of seeing people moaning that MM wants us to play attacking football that is easy on the eye, and get promoted, not because we are efficient percentage teams but because we are actually good at playing fast attacking football. All because he has labelled it 'The Derby Way'.

Fed up of seeing people say MM doesn't want us to get promoted this season, doesn't matter if we lose 5-4, 8-7, 18-17 etc cos we have played attacking football, don't want to get a manager that is too ambitious and might get us promoted this season.

It is getting ridiculous now, if you don't understand what MM wants, that is fine, just say that instead of saying things like the above because, to me, you look like childish.

Also fed up of people writing Wass off and our season off, again ridiculous, there is no way we know how he is going to perform and how he is going to get the team to perform. It is the same as people writing off/hyping up players when they have just signed. Let's see how they perform for us before going all off in a huff.

Sorry for going on a mini rant here, just can't be bothered to pick out every single person as there seems to be too many. :sleep:

Quality rant, blud.

Continuity at the club is as part of the Derby way as the football.

He's spoken before about "One Club" mentality. It's all sounding very Barcelona arrogance with the "Derby Way" and "One Club" talk but the concept shouldn't be criticised.

Every age group, every coach, every player should buy into the football mentality of the first Mac season. Let's assume that it was the McClaren football that pulled Mel in again?

It's a transparent club where there's to be videos etc that coaches can access of the teams training etc. 

So basically everyone reads from the same book. 

And the talent in the academy is pushed through and it's our kids that should be coming through first. We promote youth. That means giving them chance to play at the next level of the club if they are ready. No keeping them waiting.

That is easy to understand.

What isn't easy to understand is why we haven't promoted from within. Why we have spent £25m on footballers without ever getting the best out of our own players both seniors and youths. 

rynny is spot on that Mel was saying all this is the summer but we weren't so quite high profile. 

Gotta call it something. The Derby Way? One Club? 

Both sound horrible

Today was long ball football whichever way you dress it up.

A lot of people's expectations were too high today but what I expected was some high intensity passing football, after all that's why the change was made?!

Instead we had shackell to Martin hoofball despite having the most expensively assembled team in the league.

Bizarre!!!

Archived