Clement will probably be sacked after the Fulham game. Bet that's what some of you want.

wixman1884

For me it is very simple. 

I am happy to stick with Clement if he learns to identify his tactical errors and corrects them, but he does not seem to be doing so at the moment because he is stubborn.  If he accepts that he has got it wrong in the past and changes the formation to move the midfield up closer to the forwards and quickens the tempo I reckon most critics will be happier. If he corrects his formation and style of play I think results will improve.  If not, at least he will have tried what most fans have been screaming at him to do. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Why? Just as little pedigree as Paul Clement IMO. 

I can half understand shouts like Pearson because he literally has been there done that. I wouldn't be happy with him though. But Monk/Sherwood lack any sort of experience at this level. Rowett and Warbs have had a year or so but still not substansive to prove it over a period of time. 

I suppose I just don't want to keep going around in circles, whats the point in giving an inexperienced manager 6 months in charge to potentially be in this position next year with another inexperienced manager? Who ever it is needs time. 

because hes had prem experience and apart from falling out with the chairman arguable would still be in ajob and was doing a decent job

40 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

If you don't mind me asking Have you heard anything of substance or just your opinion? I know the golf course is good for "chat" sometimes from influential people.

yes ive heard but not from off the course.....just general connections

4 hours ago, loweman2 said:

Look at some of the out of work managers out there and look past mourinho, Rodgers and Pearson, there is then a Long long line of the usual suspects who fail at every club they ever manage, that is the pool that we will be selecting from so be careful what you wish for ! 

Muespach's dog is our leader....

I have absolutely no interest in speculating, but that doesn't mean that I have no interest in the opinion of others

My job's pretty simple (like me) - support the club, support the team, support the manager - until the day he goes. Not a minute more or less. I reserve the right to speculate - and to whinge - right up to the moment when the new guy is announced, from which point he gets my 100% support.

I'd be a rubbish spy and a worse poker player, but I get to sleep soundly at work. Oh, wait....

For me it's the style of play and the lack of entertainment, all of which is in his control as this is a very average championship this season. Some of our results have also been kind to us when you compare them to the play in actual games.

oh and he bugs the life out of me when the opposition have a corner and we have all 11 in and around the box and not even two of those on the posts! The likes of camara and ince surely would be better suited being near to the halfway line to give us options and a chance to use their pace.

3 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Isn't Pearson the nutter who who was at Leicester? Didn't he strangle a player, then hold one by his shirt and wouldn't let him go?

He got Leicester up but he was a bit of a fruit cake.

Clement may be out of his depth, but at lease he is doing it in style.

Now I'm not advocating Ince or Johnson being strangled in this way... But now you say it!!! 

4 hours ago, Dcfc10 said:

The fans will still be here long after clemant's gone. Dealing with ffp because of how much we have spent. i'ts not all about cleman't and giving him a chance can we afford to.                     Give him a few games.

This has been my concern with regards to the £25 Million we've spent this season. Mel flipped at the Reading game because he's put everything on getting up this season, I'm sorry but I don't believe what he said earlier in the season that if its not this season then the next perhaps. Otherwise WHY spend £25 Million in just one season when it may well restrict further player investment should we fail to go up this season & then break the £39 Million over 3 years FFP sealing. When will he realise you can't just buy a team it has to be developed over time with an experienced manager with Championship experience.

3 hours ago, Inglorius said:

You're absolutely factually incorrect with that statement.  I want him sacked now, not after the Fulham game. 

I am actually envisioning you stampng your foot as you typed 'now'.

4 hours ago, TETRA said:

This has been my concern with regards to the £25 Million we've spent this season. Mel flipped at the Reading game because he's put everything on getting up this season, I'm sorry but I don't believe what he said earlier in the season that if its not this season then the next perhaps. Otherwise WHY spend £25 Million in just one season when it may well restrict further player investment should we fail to go up this season & then break the £39 Million over 3 years FFP sealing. When will he realise you can't just buy a team it has to be developed over time with an experienced manager with Championship experience.

That's bang on.

Mel Morris, although he's done everything he can to please the fans, is a business man. He has invested this season on the back of the increase in fortune in the prem. In his eyes he's investing £25m with a view off picking up a better share of the £200-300m we'll get in the prem.

I don't like the spending. I've never really agreed with it and could see the problems it would cause. All we needed was Carson, Shackell plus cover for injuries (Butterfield has been brilliant). Not Johnson and Ince at £10m combined.

And if Mel Morris thinks its acceptable to blow his nut in the changing room directly at the players, just because he's worried his gamble might not pay off then he's purely a businessman. Nothing else.

I'm sorry but we're proving that money isn't everything. We we're not a million miles off before the huge investment.

9 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Isn't Pearson the nutter who who was at Leicester? Didn't he strangle a player, then hold one by his shirt and wouldn't let him go?

Fruit cake (understatement). Is Rampton still open because that`s the only football team he WILL manage when he gets sent there .

Complete NUTTER !

9 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

But nobody wanted Joey Barton 

Archived