Positives from the Preston game

Tamworthram

2 hours ago, ossieram said:

I am also right next to the rest of the Derby fans in the South stand and for long periods of the game they wouldn't join in with us when we sang.

Positives

- the back 6 defensively

- Martin back to his best at holding the ball up

My take on the South Stand last night

- more positive initially

- hats off to the top corner who kept on all match

- well done Adam, kept drumming all the way through

- the bit around me (halfway down under the scoreboard was sooooo quiet. I was singing on my own which is no fun for me or anyone around me.

Too many people there for cheap tickets or to be part of the atmosphere without contributing to it.

Here's a conundrum. How do you create a singing section in a stadium with 24,000 season ticket holders and a stand that is sold out every game. Answers on a postcard....

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First things first Butterfield!  Absolutely oozes class his touch , his pass his movement for the 2nd half I was literally just watching him ! 

Secondly Carson!  He looks so assured in the net he fills me full of confidence and he must fill the rest of the team with confidence ! For me I'd make him captain ! 

Not exactly positives but a few observations.......l

Zanfish chips were slightly under cooked.

the bloke battering the sausages was doing it in a way to make the girl laugh

£3.50 for a pea mix compared to £1.60 at Little Eaton.

20 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Not exactly positives but a few observations.......l

Zanfish chips were slightly under cooked.

the bloke battering the sausages was doing it in a way to make the girl laugh

£3.50 for a pea mix compared to £1.60 at Little Eaton.

Zanfish are not allowed to set their own price outside the ground, something to do with the catering contract inside.

Positives from last night 

1) worked out that the only way to see a pass come towards you is to sit in west or east stand 

2)can't remember hearing that pointless collymore song 

3) all that shooting practice before the game from outside the box gets it out our players system before we kick off

4) my hot chocolate at half time didn't have half a cup of powder left in it after I stirred it for five minutes 

Funny comments on here about the food temp/price etc!! Quick wit to keep us all upbeat ;) 

Onto the matter in hand...football, me & the family going Fulham & I need to know they are going to better last seasons display/result!! Please...

The atmosphere in Covent Garden was lively (not sure the regular locals appreciated it!!) pre match & in the ground singing was high tempo (even last 20mins at 2-0 down)

lets have a performance to be proud of lads 110% effort & prove to all the haters that this season is the one!! We can still do this :thumbsup:

18 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

First things first Butterfield!  Absolutely oozes class his touch , his pass his movement for the 2nd half I was literally just watching him ! 

Secondly Carson!  He looks so assured in the net he fills me full of confidence and he must fill the rest of the team with confidence ! For me I'd make him captain ! 

I agree Butters is class. My only minor criticism (true for other mid fielders as well) is that he too often looks for the pass and go. If a forward pass isn't on it too often ends up sideways or backwards meaning the defenders either need to try and find that equally impossible forward pass or bring it forward themselves. If no forward pass is on I'd like to see him bring the ball forward himself. Mind you, we'd all give him stick then if he gets caught in possession.

20 hours ago, The 1884 Group said:

Here's a conundrum. How do you create a singing section in a stadium with 24,000 season ticket holders and a stand that is sold out every game. Answers on a postcard....

You need singing sections at both ends of the ground ideally. All you can hear in the North Stand is the away fans and a lot of moaning, or nothing at all sometimes.

Archived