We all see different things - blackman?

Sith Happens

1 hour ago, rynny said:

There were a couple of occasions where he had chance to pass/cross but decided he was going to try to take on the defender.

The header though probably would have been a goal against most of the keepers in our division.

Yeah you watch that back and De Gea seems to have the ability to float in mid air

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time will tell with Blackman and I may prove to be wrong but I see both him and ince as two people who are always looking to shoot from anywhere (mixed emotions on that from me) unfortunately we quickly lose possession from either their shooting or failure to control the football which puts the rest of the team under strain. As they are currently deployed I expect them both to be scoring 10 goals each per season

I am happy with him as a purchase - reckon he will prove to be a valuable asset long term

We all know Clement has to at least look at other options in terms of formation and style of play - to me this is the biggest problem not the players we have.

Hopefully it all clicks soon as I still believe we have the strongest squad in the league. But at the moment we seem to play too many players out of their best position and there are players getting in week after week that deserve to be dropped.

Blackman is a central striker.

whether he's a better central striker than ince or weimann remains to be seen.

trouble is the two wide positions are occupied by misfits  - not natural midfielders with the ability to attack.

i feel a bit sorry for blackman, same as i do for weimann, and a few others.

car crash in slow motion.

Is Blackman better than what we already had at the club? On the evidence so far I would say no.

I'm all for squad depth but I am not sure we should be spending £3 million on a player who doesn't really improve us.

Camara, although he looked like a rabbit in the headlights last night, at least offers something different with his sheer pace and was worth a punt at £1.25 million.

All about opinions.

Blackman, to me, can only play in one position and that's RW. Seeing as Tom Ince is better than him in almost every category, the decision to bring him in was another absolute corker from our recruitment team.

I honestly think we've got among the worst recruitment teams in the Championship. Give any other team £25m to spend in one season and they'd do a much better job than what we managed.

I can't understand how after sepnding so much money we're no better than we were before.

Blackman on the left is dreadful. Camara is quick, but looks toothless as an attacking threat and slight naive in terms of positioning and waiting for the ball to come for him.

We're quickly turning into a bunch of overpaid, useless rabble which resembles a certain team down the road.

7 hours ago, curtains said:

Blackman was Derbys best player last night he really took it too them and Derby did well overall IMO 

Really..? As the title says people all have different opinions. I thought Blackman was totally average last night but will stick with my prediction of him never scoring 5 goals for us. 

As forbus doing "really well"..? Give me strength, we didn't turn up at all in the first half and were slightly better second half but were completely held at arms length by United, if at 2-1 we had scored to equalise then they would have just gone up field and got another. I was really disappointed by the total lack of urgency in our play all night. 

What is also puzzling.......if PC sees Blackman as a wide left striker, then this is the same position as camara.

its a bit like that january when billy davies bought craig fagan AND gary teale.

36 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

All about opinions.

Blackman, to me, can only play in one position and that's RW. Seeing as Tom Ince is better than him in almost every category, the decision to bring him in was another absolute corker from our recruitment team.

I honestly think we've got among the worst recruitment teams in the Championship. Give any other team £25m to spend in one season and they'd do a much better job than what we managed.

I can't understand how after sepnding so much money we're no better than we were before.

Blackman on the left is dreadful. Camara is quick, but looks toothless as an attacking threat and slight naive in terms of positioning and waiting for the ball to come for him.

We're quickly turning into a bunch of overpaid, useless rabble which resembles a certain team down the road.

Is Tom Ince actually good at  anything other than cutting in on his left and curling a shot in? That wouldn't be such a problem if he didn't try to do every time he got the ball. To me, our problems all started when Ince arrived as he unbalanced the team. I would never select Ince wide right. He might do a job in the centre, but he's an awful right winger. 

In fairness Cornwall, Ince is great for this level. He's nowhere near the finished article and if he were he would be playing in the premier league - same is true of Johnson who obviously plays a different style. Thorne is premier league class which us why he will be playing premier league next season regardless of whether we go up. I've noticed that Ince has become really useful at tracking back defending and harrying ... He's made massive improvements as a 2 way player. 

Blackman is a lively player but out wide he's not much better than Weimann and he's not as good as Russell in my opinion - again I'm talking about out wide. Centrally who knows ... So unless we get a formation change or Martin is dropped we won't ever know. Seems to me you change formation and try Blackman in front of Ince (ala Bristol city formation) ... We need to start attacking if we want to go up because this defensive approach with Martin all by himself just ain't working and Bent for some reason that PC has not articulated is totally out of favour. 

3 minutes ago, sage said:

This was the first time I'd seen him play. He's not a left winger. I don't think he's a CF to play on his own either. He's a RW in the Ince mould, or could maybe play up front with someone else.

So if he's not a left winger......why do we play him there?

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

In fairness Cornwall, Ince is great for this level. He's nowhere near the finished article and if he were he would be playing in the premier league - same is true of Johnson who obviously plays a different style. Thorne is premier league class which us why he will be playing premier league next season regardless of whether we go up. I've noticed that Ince has become really useful at tracking back defending and harrying ... He's made massive improvements as a 2 way player. 

Blackman is a lively player but out wide he's not much better than Weimann and he's not as good as Russell in my opinion - again I'm talking about out wide. Centrally who knows ... So unless we get a formation change or Martin is dropped we won't ever know. Seems to me you change formation and try Blackman in front of Ince (ala Bristol city formation) ... We need to start attacking if we want to go up because this defensive approach with Martin all by himself just ain't working and Bent for some reason that PC has not articulated is totally out of favour. 

Have you ever heard the phrase ' Emperor's new clothes'?

Blackman cannot get past his man to get the cross in and if he cuts inside then he's got his weaker leg, so what is the point of having him as left winger?  i don't understand why we signed him.  What was it supposed to achieve? i don´t know.

Archived