We all see different things - blackman?

Sith Happens

Listening to the texts and calls last night on my way home, im thinking how can people have so many different opinions. One person had called in and said Blackman was a constant threat and offered far more than ince.

Ok, i know ince hasnt been at his best, but what is it about blackman im not seeing? He really doesnt seem to have improved the team, the position he is playing for me hes not as good as russell or weimman.

He might well be out of position, but thats not the point, you can only judge on what you see.

I'd love someone to be able to point out im wrong, and give good examples of just why hes better that what we already had, but im just not seeing it.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blackman is one signing I'm really struggling with, playing him out wide left as a left footer is great if you have bodies in the box to send crosses into, we don't as we have no midfield runners and Martin is too deep.

Stick Bryson in the team making those runs getting on the end of the balls I could understand.

Last night he came inside and we saw his weaker foot take a shot into row Q in the NE corner. 

He's sees himself as a central player, naturally he will want to drift inside but will always struggle on his weaker foot.

If we're not playing him central it has to be Ince, Blackman, Camara, Russell on the right or Weimann left.

We're not a crossing side, wide players need to be drifting inside on their stronger foots. 

I should also point out I have zero football coaching badges but to me that just makes sense.

I wouldn't have said a constant threat but I think he's a step up from Russell and Weimann. It's not easy for a forward to come into a side that's bang out of confidence though so I think we'll need to see us get back to some form before we get to see the best of him

4 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Blackman is one signing I'm really struggling with, playing him out wide left as a left footer is great if you have bodies in the box to send crosses into, we don't as we have no midfield runners and Martin is too deep.

Stick Bryson in the team making those runs getting on the end of the balls I could understand.

Last night he came inside and we saw his weaker foot take a shot into row Q in the NE corner. 

He's sees himself as a central player, naturally he will want to drift inside but will always struggle on his weaker foot.

If we're not playing him central it has to be Ince, Blackman or Camara on the right and Russell or Weimann left.

We're not a crossing side, wide players need to be drifting inside on their stronger foots. 

I should also point out I have zero football coaching badges but to me that just makes sense.

Russell is left footed

39 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

jesus wept, he's only just signed, give the lad a fookin chance to settle in!!!!.

If you come to Derby, you have to take your turn at being SOTD*

It's not fair that he is allowed to jump the queue

Spoiler

Scapegoat of the day

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Listening to the texts and calls last night on my way home, im thinking how can people have so many different opinions. One person had called in and said Blackman was a constant threat and offered far more than ince.

Ok, i know ince hasnt been at his best, but what is it about blackman im not seeing? He really doesnt seem to have improved the team, the position he is playing for me hes not as good as russell or weimman.

He might well be out of position, but thats not the point, you can only judge on what you see.

I'd love someone to be able to point out im wrong, and give good examples of just why hes better that what we already had, but im just not seeing it.

Disagree about Blackman - I think he will turn out to be a decent acquisition. However, as with Weimann and Russell, being played out wide doesn't come natural to them and therefore we won't see their true value to the squad. In the limited game time Blackmans' had in comparison to Russell and Weimann,ci don't think he's any worse to be honest.

Blackman could easily have had two goals last night. He was completely unmarked for a free header in the first half and he should have hit the target with his effort in the second.

I'm not too bothered about him not scoring - its more important that he keeps getting himself in good positions.

the goals will come.

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

Blackman could easily have had two goals last night. He was completely unmarked for a free header in the first half and he should have hit the target with his effort in the second.

I'm not too bothered about him not scoring - its more important that he keeps getting himself in good positions.

the goals will come.

I think he should have passed it to Ince who was in a better position and would have been on his stronger foot.

2 hours ago, Daveo said:

If we're not playing him central it has to be Ince, Blackman, Camara, Russell on the right or Weimann left.

People with coaching badges of the highest quality brought Conner Sammon for a premier league team and and others thought he might be a prospect at International level... 

You carry on mate.. Coaching badges my jacksie... 

3 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I will look at it again then decide whether or not to give you a like!

There were a couple of occasions where he had chance to pass/cross but decided he was going to try to take on the defender.

The header though probably would have been a goal against most of the keepers in our division.

Looks neat and tidy, expected him to be faster and stronger though....also not seen him beat a player yet. Suppose you have to give him time to settle in, but initial thoughts are bog standard Championship player who's know better than what we've already got. I personally wouldn't of signed him, but that's probably why I'm not anything to do with proessional football ?

Archived