Since Saturday 24th October

The_Sheriff

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought he played well tonight, few of the fancy flicks and interplay was back albeit fleetingly. 

Two assists in two games as well.

Was a tad unlucky when he was played through as well, poor touch but the Martin of three months ago scores that and he's getting back in amongst it

Doesn't matter who you have upfront if your team plays so deep.

4-5----------------------------------------------------1 is our formation at present.

So you'd like Martin to run at the defence and take a shot? I'm sorry, but I doubt even Lionel Messi could do that when he's picking up scraps, facing his own half more than 40 yards from goal.

When was the last time Martin actually received the ball, on the floor, within 20 yards of their goal?

Play Bent! Why? So we can become a route one team and just hoof it from the back looking to get in behind them?

19 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Whey!! martin made one good pass tonight gave us a goal what a player! What we on now 15 games with no goal from open play? or to make rynny happy 1 goal (penalty) in 15 games.

Think people are getting twisted here. I wasn't saying i am the master tactician because i have attended games i was defending my opinion as i was accused of 'knowing nothing'  I can accept people disagree with me and rate martin on this forum. I've got no qualms about that but if you disagree with me do it in a certain manner.

Would it be fair to say it's amazing what a difference his game can be, when a ball is played into him around the box and the giver runs on offering to receive again? Does show him in a better light would you agree?

Shame we don't seem to be doing that more often, as clearly when it does occur, seems a few more positive outcomes tend to happen and Martin looks a half decent hold up forward laying the ball off. 

Play to his strengths and get near him in the final third, that's all that needs to change I.m.o

6 hours ago, reveldevil said:

If attending games made you an expert, @eddie and @Derby_EnglandLoyal would be the new Clough and Taylor!

And there, you have the answer. I have never professed to know anything about football. After all, I thought that we did ok tonight, but evidently, listening to the moan-in afterwards, I was terribly wrong. Clement is an idiot, the Derby fans should be ashamed of themselves for being out-sung by Man Utd fans and Ince, Martin, Johnson and 3 or 4 others are a liability and should be sold immediately.

5 minutes ago, eddie said:

And there, you have the answer. I have never professed to know anything about football. After all, I thought that we did ok tonight, but evidently, listening to the moan-in afterwards, I was terribly wrong. Clement is an idiot, the Derby fans should be ashamed of themselves for being out-sung by Man Utd fans and Ince, Martin, Johnson and 3 or 4 others are a liability and should be sold immediately.

I've literally just got in, agree it was ok, as were we, eye opening just how quickly the ball can move at that level, but now eyeing the rest of the forum with trepidation! 

As for Man Utd fans, sang and backed their team throughout, without resorting to mocking and belittling us, a la Chelsea!

As a relatively new fan (2 seasons now) I wonder what you guys see in Martin. He is a lazy player with little awareness and even less desire. For every great play we see...like the assist tonight, we see 2 to 3 plays where Martin lets the ball roll past him with minimal effort to make something happen. The guy is rubbish and bringing the team down. 

I know he's been the leading scorer in the past, but he is not the answer up front. 

22 minutes ago, Nyderby said:

As a relatively new fan (2 seasons now) I wonder what you guys see in Martin. He is a lazy player with little awareness and even less desire. For every great play we see...like the assist tonight, we see 2 to 3 plays where Martin lets the ball roll past him with minimal effort to make something happen. The guy is rubbish and bringing the team down. 

I know he's been the leading scorer in the past, but he is not the answer up front. 

So you jumped on the bandwagon after we won a game or two, eh?

As far as goals are concerned I don't think it really matters who plays upfront, you can't score 40 yards out with your back to goal. Wingers always too deep and very little end product when they're not. 

We improved a little at Burnley so I'm hoping last nights shut out was down to Man Uniteds organisation. We'll see Tuesday if we're going in the right direction again. 

39 minutes ago, eddie said:

No, I'm not buying that

:lol:;)

Haha, it is true story. When I first moved here I went to see two clubs play: Leeds United and Derby County. Leeds was a shambolic experience..a truly awful club. Derby was class, great crowd, stadium, and a much lower trash to class ratio. I've been a fan ever since. 

11 hours ago, Simsy said:

Whey!! martin made one good pass tonight gave us a goal what a player! What we on now 15 games with no goal from open play? or to make rynny happy 1 goal (penalty) in 15 games.

Think people are getting twisted here. I wasn't saying i am the master tactician because i have attended games i was defending my opinion as i was accused of 'knowing nothing'  I can accept people disagree with me and rate martin on this forum. I've got no qualms about that but if you disagree with me do it in a certain manner.

Didn't answer my question though?

martin does not fit into this system to far away from goal because the build up is to protracted all the forwards are suffering and you can tell by the body language they dont like the system they are playing. crosses into the box? when did we last score  from a cross i think all we needed from last season was this defense and to carry on with the system we were playing the present system would work if we bought ronaldo bale iniesta and neymar

On 30 January 2016 at 00:03, Nyderby said:

Half fan. 

Archived