Who to sell in the summer?

Bris Vegas

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

I think every single ******* player has been listed in this thread. Some people need to chill out and realise this season isn't over yet 

Eh? Chatting to Sam Rush and being close enough to him that he would tell him what is highly sensitive information is a bit of a stretch. 

Hasn't been wrong yet? What's he been right about? 

Right about Clement, Shackall, Johnson and Blackmann tbf

i don't usually post as there are alot of blinkered "fans" on here but thought with his body language and recent performances there might be alot more to why we are struggling at the mo.

Just saying

6 hours ago, archied said:

Sell him now before PC gets his hands on him , every other player with the exception of butterfield has gone backwards this season under the present management,we want Hughes halving in value do we

Wigan reject Scott Carson

Forgotten man Cyrus Christie

Scapegoat Richard Keogh

Statistically best performer in the championship Jason Shackle

"Stupid signing" Stephen Warnock

Finally showing he can do it higher in the table Jacob Butterfield

Dunno about the summer but I think we might get rid of a few in January. What's the point having bent and weimann and not having either on the bench? 

We will still get auto in my opinion - people are talking like that is no longer an option!!

This is the Championship - EVERY team will go through a similar bad spell that we are having before the season ends..

Once we get promoted we will need  some rebuilding in the summer - start with the defence and get a star striker in

We will be fine ....

22 minutes ago, Yani P said:

We will still get auto in my opinion - people are talking like that is no longer an option!!

This is the Championship - EVERY team will go through a similar bad spell that we are having before the season ends..

Once we get promoted we will need  some rebuilding in the summer - start with the defence and get a star striker in

We will be fine ....

Yes optimism eventually !! Way too much negativity on here !! Good on you @Yani P

14 hours ago, Yani P said:

We will be fine ....

For this to happen both Hull and Boro will now both have to lose roughly 4 games each from their remaining 18 ............and Burnley and Brighton would also now have to go back into dips in form......

Possible, but realistic?

Whatever happens I would like to see: Grant, Pearce, Albentosa, Baird, Shotton, Buxton, Bryson, Russell, Bent sold! I think if we didn't get promoted then Keogh, Hughes, Butterfield, Johnson, Thorne, Martin and Ince might get attention from a couple of prem clubs depending on their form towards the end of the season! But all those first ones I named would get us around 10-15m which we could spend on another CB pairing! 

On 26 January 2016 at 03:32, Bris Vegas said:

I wonder, should we stay down, whether it would be wise to cash in on a few players a make a few tweaks for the good.

The money we spent this season suggests that we're very close in terms of falling foul of FFP, so it's not like we can go out and spend another £25 million in a bid for promotion.

Luckily, we do have one or two saleable assets who could sell for the better of the team.

I mean, getting rid of Blackman, Pearce, Shotton, Keogh, Russell, Bent, Bryson and controversially Hughes could see us fetch £20+ million.

That would still leave us with Carson, Forsyth, Shackell, Rawson, Christie, Thorne, Johnson, Butterfield, Weimann, Ince and Martin as a potential XI, and then we'll still have Grant, Hanson, Buxton, Baird, Hendrick, Warnock, Camara, Calero, Bennett for squad options.

Let's be honest, we've got a bloated squad of underachievers. Not quite as bad as the Paul Jewell era, but it don't half feel like those five years of cost cutting under Nigel Clough has gone to waste now.

That £20m+ could be put towards another quality CB, winger and midfield [add a decent loan or two] and we'd probably find ourselves with a better squad overall.

Selling Hughes might be a no-go for a few of you, understandably, but he is our most valuable asset and if we're forced to sell one he is the player who would fetch the most.

Keep Russell can't help but love him 

sell Blackman, bent, weimann, shotton, Pearce 

Archived