kid in a sweet shop

Just get the feeling that with Ollson on his way (source Nico at the Mirror) we are doing the same we did under Coxy and local ownership where we kept splashing the cash in an attempt to forge a cohesive unit. At least with 3rd party ownership you dont have the black and white specs on and head most certainly rules heart. Just feel that Mel has got a bit carried away and Clem keeps saying we need one more.

We should be working a squad of max 18 plus the likes of Hanson, Lowe et al. We are too top heavy and bringing another body to replace Warnock who in my opinion has been consistently our best player since October is lunacy.

How many players does Dyche work with????????? The answer is probable no more than 18 tops.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Just get the feeling that with Ollson on his way (source Nico at the Mirror) we are doing the same we did under Coxy and local ownership where we kept splashing the cash in an attempt to forge a cohesive unit. At least with 3rd party ownership you dont have the black and white specs on and head most certainly rules heart. Just feel that Mel has got a bit carried away and Clem keeps saying we need one more.

We should be working a squad of max 18 plus the likes of Hanson, Lowe et al. We are too top heavy and bringing another body to replace Warnock who in my opinion has been consistently our best player since October is lunacy.

How many players does Dyche work with????????? The answer is probable no more than 18 tops.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

9 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Too many players. Too many options. Rookie manager. If he turns this one around he is destined for big things. The optimist in me says he will succeed. The realist says top 8 and new manager in the summer.

Listen to this all the way through let's get some reality and perspective please and listen to the end bit about Max Lowe  

39 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

If Dyche relies on penalties and own goals and giving away 60% possession then good luck to him, wouldn't want to watch that every week.

1 hour ago, philmycock said:

If Dyche relies on penalties and own goals and giving away 60% possession then good luck to him, wouldn't want to watch that every week.

Agreed - he was acting like they were world class after the game. we were running rings around them for 90% of it

Agree that we've got carried away signing players. 

All we needed was an upgrade. Not an overhaul or a load of center forwards that won't play center forward. 

There's still a top team within that squad. Still the same coach that got that good run going. 

Don't throw away the position we are in by sulking. Other top sides will drop points again. Make them costly. Not too late to start again.

Winning is all that matters to be honest. Burnley have a way of winning, mostly from not conceding too many at all.

Hull on the other hand do rely on penalties.

Martin really really needs a goal IMO, he might actually start to look interested if he got one, and it could change our season.

54 minutes ago, toddy said:

Paul Clement is out of his depth.

Millions spent and we are current worse now than the end of last season, at least the injuries were one of the excuses last season.

What excuses are we going to banter around now?

Can't wait until we get a few wins on the trot and see you hailing the all mighty Clem like you no doubt were on our undefeated streak. 

55 minutes ago, toddy said:

Paul Clement is out of his depth.

Millions spent and we are current worse now than the end of last season, at least the injuries were one of the excuses last season.

What excuses are we going to banter around now?

Based on the last 5 games or the whole season?

I'm not completely buying into this "millions spent" either. Whilst any team/manager will get flak if they falter after spending the money we have, it's quite clear to see that some of our signings have been a complete waste of resources. 

6 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

Agreed - he was acting like they were world class after the game. we were running rings around them for 90% of it

They only got any meaningful possession once we'd thrown the game away.

Class act my backside. If we had any sort of form/confidence up front we could have been 3 up before their first well crafted gem.

Man of the match to that thuggish clogger arfield summed it up neatly.

What a dyche-bag.

24 minutes ago, Chris Mills said:

Can't wait until we get a few wins on the trot and see you hailing the all mighty Clem like you no doubt were on our undefeated streak. 

One win would be nice.

I keep asking the same question, how many games out of the 28 played so far have we actually played well for 90 mins [I am not talking about dominating games -just played well for the 90 mins period] - Wolves?

We have played well during games usually one half or the other, but not throughout. This blip we are going through has being going on a while now, Fulham at home, we rode our luck and got the win, since then .........

Paul is now going out to buy another signing this week,  -we having poor performances I know the answer we just go and buy another player!

I like the bloke as a bloke, but I am afraid his coaching is based on results not whether he is likeable.

We have spent some serious amount of money this season and we are no better off than we were last March.

Are the players that we have brought in poor quality?

No, they are quality players, so if the players are quality it is what were are not doing with those players that is the issue - this is where Paul comes in. We have formations that didn't make sense, players that were left out that should not have been, we have had very questionable substitutions.

Questions do have to be asked of the coach.

Certainly we've spent a lot of money, but it's not been quite as straightforward as just trying to improve the squad.

Firstly, we've spent a huge amount replacing Hughes, Bryson and (imminently) Forsyth. That hasn't been by choice, but was the result of good planning by Mel in having the insurance policy and wanting to ensure that injuries didn't derail us. 

The problem for me was the summer spending. We were adding players before Clement had even met the squad. I'm pretty sure that Clement had virtually no say in the signings of Bent, Ince, Baird, Weimann, Pearce, Shackell and Carson. I'd argue that none of them should have been signed before Clement was up to speed and that only the latter two were worthwhile.

It's really only Blackman and Camara who appear to be Clement adding to the squad. I believe that both those players will eventually turn out well.

To me, the issue is that Mel wanted a head coach rather than a manager. Mel allowed the recruitment department to 'strengthen, without the guiding hand of the man who would have to blend those players into a team. He subscribed to the idea that Clement would just coach the players given to him. Clement himself is on a learning curve, both in terms of knowing what system he wants to play and his knowledge of players (both ours and potential transfer targets). We've wasted a lot of money through having a rookie owner and a rookie head coach. 

38 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Based on the last 5 games or the whole season?

I'm not completely buying into this "millions spent" either. Whilst any team/manager will get flak if they falter after spending the money we have, it's quite clear to see that some of our signings have been a complete waste of resources. 

Based on results, we had had a dodged patch for longer than 5 games, we have rode our luck in so many games this season and the luck has now ran out and it now shows our fragilities within the team.

Has Paul got what it takes, maybe, but the longer this goes on the more you'll have to question it. for me there have been too many questionable decisions made by him that show his inexperience of a No1 coach, but I would like to be proved wrong.

Archived