kid in a sweet shop

6 minutes ago, toddy said:

Based on results, we had had a dodged patch for longer than 5 games, we have rode our luck in so many games this season and the luck has now ran out and it now shows our fragilities within the team.

Has Paul got what it takes, maybe, but the longer this goes on the more you'll have to question it. for me there have been too many questionable decisions made by him that show his inexperience of a No1 coach, but I would like to be proved wrong.

Based on this seasons results so far no, I don't think he is. 

Which games have we rode our luck in? I don't think there's been much luck about anything bar Burnley's win last night. We haven't been spectacular all season but we've been very effecient up until the last few games. 

Experienced managers also make questionable decisions so don't know why people harp on about that when he get's the odd selection/tactical move wrong. He's made some cock ups recently but he's been damned either way. Fans and media complaining we don't have a plan B, we try plan B, it fails, fans and media say we should stick to what we know and should never have tried plan B. I mean, come on. 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

How many players does Dyche work with????????? The answer is probable no more than 18 tops.

Hate to spoil your point but Radio Lancs said he'd used 22 players last night, but should imagine he's had a fairly settled match day team barring injuries.

they also said they are winning games without controlling matches, perhaps that makes them clinical more to the point.

1 hour ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Based on this seasons results so far no, I don't think he is. 

Which games have we rode our luck in? I don't think there's been much luck about anything bar Burnley's win last night. We haven't been spectacular all season but we've been very effecient up until the last few games. 

Experienced managers also make questionable decisions so don't know why people harp on about that when he get's the odd selection/tactical move wrong. He's made some cock ups recently but he's been damned either way. Fans and media complaining we don't have a plan B, we try plan B, it fails, fans and media say we should stick to what we know and should never have tried plan B. I mean, come on. 

The real question is are we actually any better than this time 12 mths ago?

I keep harping on about the size of this squad, we easily have the best personnel in this league and adding more makes it less likely to gel, we are buying "player of the season" for their previous clubs un yet they are looking average in our side, we need to offload players deemed not to be good enough for us so our rotation is less likely to effect moral, we left a former England International striker and a current Austrian International winger out of our squad yesterday and this needs to be dealt with.

15 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

I keep harping on about the size of this squad, we easily have the best personnel in this league and adding more makes it less likely to gel, we are buying "player of the season" for their previous clubs un yet they are looking average in our side, we need to offload players deemed not to be good enough for us so our rotation is less likely to effect moral, we left a former England International striker and a current Austrian International winger out of our squad yesterday and this needs to be dealt with.

Have they been doing well in training. 

They have had chances haven't they. 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Have they been doing well in training. 

They have had chances haven't they. 

no I don't think they have, Weimann looks like a out and out winger to me, he has no defensive attributes and playing so far back we cannot see his forward play, Bent relies heavily on playing off the shoulder of defences and beating the offside trap and this takes game time to master, obviously this is my own opinion.

Just now, LesterRam said:

no I don't think they have, Weimann looks like a out and out winger to me, he has no defensive attributes and playing so far back we cannot see his forward play, Bent relies heavily on playing off the shoulder of defences and beating the offside trap and this takes game time to master, obviously this is my own opinion.

Fair enough .

Maybe they will get a chance against Man U. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived