Moving On

DarkFruitsRam7

Yes tonight's result wasn't ideal, but in the first half we were excellent and it was just individual mistakes by players that haven't let us down all season that resulted in the loss. We attacked excellently for the first 45 and they didn't exactly dominate the second half either. In addition, Thorne broke up the attacks well, Martin played so much better and Razza looked dangerous when he came on.

The game on Friday is a win-win situation: If, as expected, we lose, we move on and focus on the league; If we pull of an upset, we gain enormous momentum and confidence for our next few fixtures.

Speaking of our next few fixtures, every single game for the next two months is very winnable, which is perfect for getting us back on track and hopefully we can go on a similar run as to what we did in September/October/November time.

Our fixtures are:

Preston (H)

Fulham (A)

MK Dons (H)

Brentford (A)

Blackburn (H)

Wolves (A)

Huddersfield (H)

QPR (A)

Rotheram (A)

Forest (H)

I don't see why we can't get 24 points minimum from a possible 30 out of those games, which would put us in a very nice position indeed.

To take a leaf out of @Kernow 's book: #KeepTheFaith

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, we'll pick up now and hopefully put a good run together. It's taken 5 games for us to go from top to 5th so plenty still to play for, let's see after the next 10. The only thing now is that every dropped point against one of those sides will seem a massive disappointment, we've left ourselves with not a lot of room to maneuver points wise.

It's hard once the rot starts setting in. 

The players at Preston will be keen to prove themselves away at an out-of-form Derby. It's far from ideal in my humble opinion. 

I think the Preston game could be a horrific one. The crowd are going to have the knives out before a ball has been kicked and they will play without fear. 

In fact, I'd go as far as saying that a loss to Yernighted, will almost ensure a loss to Preston. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

The players at Preston will be keen to prove themselves away at an out-of-form Derby. It's far from ideal in my humble opinion. 

I think the Preston game could be a horrific one. The crowd are going to have the knives out before a ball has been kicked and they will play without fear. 

In fact, I'd go as far as saying that a loss to Yernighted, will almost ensure a loss to Preston. 

I think some of the fans will die on Tuesday after been poisoned by the poisonous atmosphere you reported on earlier.

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

United game is a weird one - some say it's a meaningless game, but for me, this is a chance to either put things wrong or completely fall away.

I can see us getting a replay :( 

16 minutes ago, Duracell said:

United game is a weird one - some say it's a meaningless game, but for me, this is a chance to either put things wrong or completely fall away.

I can see us getting a replay :( 

Valiant 1-2 defeat would do me fine, much as I want them to win.

Agree with O.P tonight was just one of those, the score flattered Burnley, there is no reason why we can't turn things around against Preston and then kick on. Only QPR and Brentford away look tricky, we can easily get points and more importantly wins up to Forest. 

Keep the faith

Archived