Derby County v Manchester United

Mafiabob

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't underestimate our lack of confidence as being a large factor in tonight's performance. Had this game been a month ago I think we'd have pushed them harder, but, we'd probably have still lost. 

They're a good side. They're a good side in the PL, and they're certainly more than capable of taking Championship sides to the cleaners, whatever form they're in.

Move on, not overly bothered about this. Priority is Tuesday's game against Northern Sh1thole FC.

1 minute ago, SouthernRam said:

Peter Schemichel made a very good point in the post match analysis that if we do want to get out the division, we have to be prepared to play some less attractive football. It is sometimes about lumping it over and running onto it. The real difference we're seeing now is between poor form and poor attitude. Chris Martin is doing absolutely **** all. Bradley Johnson looks very average, and if he were to leave, I wouldn't be disappointed. I'm effectively just echoing Warren (above) but things need changing. 

I personally think selling Martin, and spending the funds on Rhodes or McCormack is what we need to do. 

We could have Lionel Messi uptop instead of Chris Martin and it won't make any difference.

We play like this.

4-3---------------2----------------Half-way line-----Martin

3 minutes ago, toddy said:

We lacked quality tonight, we sat too deep and the substitutions by Paul made matters worse.

I do have concerns that we are leaking goals like a sieve and have become a spent force up front, but my real concern is Paul Clement  he looks lost on the touch line when things are not right.

Tactically we have gone back a step, I do now think he is under pressure, the Preston is a must win game and a good team performance is required.

For crying out loud. Tonight's scorers were Rooney, Mata and Blind.

Stick to alien conspiracies.

I honestly don't think we'd see this kind of negativity on here had we not been on such a poor run of form in the league. 

I'm looking forward to the Preston game on Tuesday, I think the management team will look at tonight more positively than negatively. I do think Johnson needs dropping though. 

4 minutes ago, toddy said:

We lacked quality tonight, we sat too deep and the substitutions by Paul made matters worse.

I do have concerns that we are leaking goals like a sieve and have become a spent force up front, but my real concern is Paul Clement  he looks lost on the touch line when things are not right.

Tactically we have gone back a step, I do now think he is under pressure, the Preston is a must win game and a good team performance is required.

Reminds me of Clough in that respect.

Yet another totally dispiriting and depressing performance. In a game where we had absolutely nothing whatsoever to lose, it beggars belief how negative, clueless, lifeless and static we generally were. I'm not talking about the result - no shame in getting beat by United. It's the whole awfulness of the display, attitude and performance. And this, for about the sixth game in a row. 

It's clear to me that clement has lost the players - they are showing a total lack of confidence in what he is trying to do. I don't know what the opposite of the Midas touch is, but this guy has got it in spades. How he can manage to reduce at least three quarters of the team to utter shadows of their former selves at the same time  is incredible. All of them excellent players on their day. And new signings who look as if they have been signed from the Red Lion sunday  reserve team. 

Looks like Mel has got a big decision on his hands now. And I don't mean if - I mean when.

Boro are signing Rhodes, they also want McCormack. We've got chuffin Blackman out wide and Martin trotting around up there with attacking midfielders deep, and defenders (Christie and Keogh) who can't release the ball when it needs releasing. Twenty touches when two or three maximum are needed. So frustrating. 

Butterfield and Thorne are my positives, they usually are. Class has that effect on me. And Warnock is so underrated. There's me being positive. And yes, it's Man Utd we've played, a top team no matter what the media spin. But come on, I'm talking in general, I'm referring to us the last month or two. We're going nowhere. I am pointing the finger at the manager. It's the wrong shape for me and it's too cautious, safety first. 

Hendrick should be demanding a move if he can't get in ahead of Johnson. 

Massive game now, against PNE.

4 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Jesus christ, you're really a negative bunch. It's Man Utd for gods sake, we may have spent £25m, but they have spent £250m.

If you're looking for wrist-slashers then there's loads on Match Chat. Some of the comments are unbelievable, 

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

For crying out loud. Tonight's scorers were Rooney, Mata and Blind.

Stick to alien conspiracies.

And whon scored Monday and Saturday week that is 10 in 3 games and that is leaking goals like sieve.

Archived