Rams vs Man U on TV

Brammie Steve

Match is live on Beeby Swan next Friday evening.

Will this swell our coffers?

Will it affect our chances?

Will it affect our attendance?

Will both sides field their strongest teams?

Given our performance against Brum do we have a snowball's chance of getting into the fifth round?

Does anyone care about the FA Cup this year?

Who would rather take Three points against Burnley? (Me for one)

Any further questions anyone?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Match is live on Beeby Swan next Friday evening.

Will this swell our coffers?

yes

Will it affect our chances?

no

Will it affect our attendance?

no - sell out

Will both sides field their strongest teams?

no - we probably will mostly with maybe a couple of changes for Burnley. United will be mixed  

Given our performance against Brum do we have a snowball's chance of getting into the fifth round?

yes, that's the beauty of the cup

Does anyone care about the FA Cup this year?

nice bit of cash on the side and exciting but not expecting us to progress much further and won't be upset when we go out

Who would rather take Three points against Burnley? (Me for one)

me

Any further questions anyone?

can I have a tenner?

53 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Prices are quite high and we're on a poor run of form. And it's on that tellybox thing. So, I don't actually think we'll sell out. Probably 29/30k.

So that's half a million squids to Derby and a little less to Manure.

Not too shabby?

While we all want promotion, the reality is that next season, as the Premier League and Championship stands, if we go up, we will probably be playing

• Stoke City
  • Crystal Palace
  • Bournemouth
  • Watford
  • Norwich City
  • Swansea City
  • West Bromwich Albion
  • Leicester City
  • Southampton
  • Middlesbrough
  • Hull

While every club in the prem deserves to be there on merit (apart from Bournemouth due to the smarminess of Eddie Howe), its not gut wrenchingly exciting. Ok, the other eight clubs would be interesting as, apart from Chelsea, we haven't played them recently.....

• Liverpool
  • Man Ure
  • Arsenal
  • Tottenham
  • Everton
  • Manchester City
  • West Ham (i'm being kind here as historically they belong in the first list but the new stadium thing may just elevate them to a regular 45k+ club)

So, while i'm sure Mel wants to be there and PC and the players want to test themselves at the top level, many games would not actually have the thrill factor that we hope for. You could argue that Wolves, Birmingham, Leeds, Wednesday and the gumps are bigger games than the Bournemouths, Palaces and Stokes are for most of us.

I'm sure that we'd sell out every home game in the Prem but I would swap promotion for FA Cup glory every day of the week.

So lets hope for a good performance and win at Burnley and take that confidence into Friday night for our usual win against Manchester United. We have a decent record against them, home and away, so nowt to worry about there. Louis Bad Hair will probably get sacked after we've humiliated them!

The usual songs will come out.....

Who the **** are Man Uniiiiited, who the **** are Man Uniiiiiiited

You've only come to see the Derby......

live round the corner, you only live round the corner

You've had ya day out, now **** off home

etc etc

but i'd rather we stuck to the old skool.........

me knees have gone all trembly

we're on our way to wembley

lalalala lalalala

we're on our way to Wembley, we shall not be moved,

we're on our way to Wembley, we shall not be moved,

just like a team, that's gonna win the FA Cup,

we shall not be moved....

I'm easily pleased.

I’m just hoping for a marginally less tedious game than that game against Chelsea – when it looked fairly obvious early on that they were going to win while never really arsing themselves to get out of second gear.

That was dispiriting.

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Prices are quite high and we're on a poor run of form. And it's on that tellybox thing. So, I don't actually think we'll sell out. Probably 29/30k.

Yes I got my ticket and the ticket office was dead on Friday. May not be a sell out. £500k isn't too bad tho is it? Shame it looks like we will miss the premier league bonanza next year. £120 million a year that's over £3 million per game, home or away. 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Yes I got my ticket and the ticket office was dead on Friday. May not be a sell out. £500k isn't too bad tho is it? Shame it looks like we will miss the premier league bonanza next year. £120 million a year that's over £3 million per game, home or away. 

Jesus Christ. 

34 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

i like your positive approach to matters.

Not going as £108 for family & it's too much so we gave our customer no to a friend & their going & well happy :) shame as season ticket holders but we will be glued to the box ;) all those going enjoy! We got Fulham tickets (can't wait went last season loved it except for the match!!) & I heard them saying for the united game, that there was a choice of upper or lower for the south stand! so against what the club are saying I won't be surprised to see it go to general sale :whistle:

I would guess the Television Audience for this match will be the biggest live audience 

Derby County has ever been involved in , bearing in mind it's on BBC 1 , prime time .

i'd suggest an audience in excess of  7 million , Great opportunity to show how good we are ..

COYR'S ..

Archived