Rams vs Man U on TV

Brammie Steve

Just now, MuespachRam said:

why an awful arrogant opinion that is.... I am sure that there will be thousands of fans there against United that have never been before and may never go again and I equally sure that the club is just as happy to have their money as it is to have anyone else.

I hate the term "loyal supporter" and cannot stand anyone who looks down their noses at people like you have.

Who did I look down my nose at? He said that he isn't going because Derby are not playing well, in my opinion that is a crap attitude for anybody that claims to be a Derby supporter. If we got through to the play off final but had played badly but won luckily to get there, would he want a ticket for Wembley?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ossieram said:

Who did I look down my nose at? He said that he isn't going because Derby are not playing well, in my opinion that is a crap attitude for anybody that claims to be a Derby supporter. If we got through to the play off final but had played badly but won luckily to get there, would he want a ticket for Wembley?

When is not up to you to decide who is a "good" Derby supporter and who isn't? If he doesn't want to go because they have been crap then he doesn't want to go, that doesn't make him any less a fan than you at all.

3 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

When is not up to you to decide who is a "good" Derby supporter and who isn't? If he doesn't want to go because they have been crap then he doesn't want to go, that doesn't make him any less a fan than you at all.

Yes it does. In 47 years following Derby I have never missed a game because we were playing badly. In fact I probably went to more games in the 80's when were crap than I had before.

If he is missing the game because of financial reason or bad health or just because he can't get there, fair enough. 

Just now, ossieram said:

Yes it does. In 47 years following Derby I have never missed a game because we were playing badly. In fact I probably went to more games in the 80's when were crap than I had before.

What a load of rubbish.  So because you went to all those games when we were rubbish, what do you think of the 20,000 people that were there last weekend watching us but weren't there when we were playing in Division 3?

Just now, MuespachRam said:

What a load of rubbish.  So because you went to all those games when we were rubbish, what do you think of the 20,000 people that were there last weekend watching us but weren't there when we were playing in Division 3?

Most probably weren't born, so I can just about forgive them.

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

So anyone who was alive but didn't go to all those games....they are less of a fan than you and the club don't need them then?

Not all, some would have been skint due to high unemployment, some would have been very young and would have needed an adult to take them and some could have been living too far away or been ill, but yes for the rest of them.

8 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Not all, some would have been skint due to high unemployment, some would have been very young and would have needed an adult to take them and some could have been living too far away or been ill, but yes for the rest of them.

Absolutely great attitude, spot on, what a nice person you must be!

I was very young, unemployed needed an adult to take me to the games but neither parent was ever interested, I am sure I was sick a bit then and I lived in Nether Heage which seemed miles away, does this mean in your eyes that I am some super fan because I didn't miss a game the season we went down from Division 2? Well, guess what, it makes me no more of a fan than the person who decides if they are going to the next game on the day of the game dependent on the weather.

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Absolutely great attitude, spot on, what a nice person you must be!

I was very young, unemployed needed an adult to take me to the games but neither parent was ever interested, I am sure I was sick a bit then and I lived in Nether Heage which seemed miles away, does this mean in your eyes that I am some super fan because I didn't miss a game the season we went down from Division 2? Well, guess what, it makes me no more of a fan than the person who decides if they are going to the next game on the day of the game dependent on the weather.

You're wrong, I'm right.

2 hours ago, ossieram said:

The club are better off having fans that support them through good and bad and not just those that turn up when we are playing well, you won't be missed.

Why should I pay extra to watch a team that is out of form? They're not going to be short of fans Friday. I'm gonna be there for the next league game. 

Climb down own off your high horse and take your head out your hide. 

@ossieram is right.

You don't stop going when we're crap. Any other reason is acceptable, not being able to afford it, too old, too young, moved away, work related, hen-pecked, playing on a Saturday, family commitments....all perfectly good reasons to stop going.

Not going because we're crap is a poor, poor excuse. Twas always thus though, we welcomed you back in the late 80's and again late 90's and again in 2014 when we started winning.

And we'll jolly well welcome you back for the 5th round no doubt!

Go to bed Ossie, in the knowledge that you are morally correct in all your utterances on this particular topic.

@MuespachRam you are wrong.

Take a good long look at yersen and remember your roots. You've gone a bit cantankerous since you moved to the states. Missing Ripley?:p

2 hours ago, Duracell said:

This the same poster who looks down on every single person from the city of Liverpool for something that happened 30 years ago, and criticises a severely dyslexic poster for his spelling, giving lectures about arrogance and respect? 

Firstly, we should forget that their fans killed 39 Juventus fans..? Just write it off as high jinx.? I think not, no one has ever been brought to "justice" over the murders...and this is a word that is bandied around so freely up there too.

Secondly, I don't criticise B4 over his spelling and grammar I may criticise him for his completely over the top opinions on everything and his unrealistic and boring posts but not about his spelling. 

8 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Firstly, we should forget that their fans killed 39 Juventus fans..? Just write it off as high jinx.? I think not, no one has ever been brought to "justice" over the murders...and this is a word that is bandied around so freely up there too.

Secondly, I don't criticise B4 over his spelling and grammar I may criticise him for his completely over the top opinions on everything and his unrealistic and boring posts but not about his spelling. 

You were still wrong last night though.

Archived