Shaun Barker Testimonial

Chris Mills

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of stand out moments tonight. 

Loved Steve Howard's reaction to scoring his first - that got the evening going really, proper lifted the crowd.

Tommy J was great, and Chris Powell.

Also great to see Micky Forsyth back - did really well to keep that ball in, although it took him a while to catch up with it! :lol:

Nice to see Will back in action as well :thumbsup:

Thought everyone played up to the occasion very nicely, and Barks donning the white again....

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

Just like the old days, Marco blasting over when clean through! 

oooh - I like Marco. He's lookin goood. 

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Earino but could not get it he very close to my heart.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

He used to know my sister and he took time to know me when i was 7 to 8 years old he took time to talk to me and photos with me. I just one last one sigh i guess he does not remmber me sigh.

I'm confused B4, do you mean a different player? Eranio wasn't there tonight, was he?

When I was 7 or 8, Igor Stimac's daughter was in my school - there was one day when he came collect her and he was mobbed by school children!

7 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

Lots of stand out moments tonight. 

Loved Steve Howard's reaction to scoring his first - that got the evening going really, proper lifted the crowd.

Tommy J was great, and Chris Powell.

Also great to see Micky Forsyth back - did really well to keep that ball in, although it took him a while to catch up with it! :lol:

Nice to see Will back in action as well :thumbsup:

Thought everyone played up to the occasion very nicely, and Barks donning the white again....

Forsyth was the reason I Went. Part of one of the greatest DCFC teams since Clough.

4 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Forsyth was the reason I Went. Part of one of the greatest DCFC teams since Clough.

Cox's side were the best I've seen. Cloughie, and Mackay were before my time sadly. 

Cox's side, TBE's side and McClaren's playoff side - I could watch them all day, every day. Honourable mention to Roy Mac's side that had Tommy/Gabbiadini/Kitson up front. A shame that side never went up, it was a terrific side on paper.

Although sides outside that era weren't great, we still have had some decent players, genuine pros, good servants to the club - the likes of Eddy, Pesch, Hulse etc - so I loved seeing them too. 

Easy to remember Billy's side for the bad times, but the likes of Stevie Howard and Big Dave would always be welcomed by me.

Have to say, I love the whole 'legends' angle at DCFC - honouring our former players is a massive part of maintaining the club's identity. Long may it continue, and I look forward to seeing many more of them back at the iPro!

4 minutes ago, TelTheRam said:

I could have sworn that it was. 9-6 to dcfc on half time, but only 8-6 at the start of the second half.

Great night and loads of funny moments. Bryson & Russell had a few strong tackles on each other.

When it was 7-6 the scoreboard actually went to 9-6 when when the next goal went in, so it should have been 8-6, I was actually looking at the board as it happened, obviously somebody else saw this and pointed it out at half time.

Really enjoyed last night. There was some good, light hearted banter between the players which was nice to see, but at the same time it was quite emotional for Shaun and great to see him play/score one last time in a Derby shirt.

It's things like last night which remind me just why I love this club. Credit to all those involved with organising it!

8 hours ago, ramesses said:

Things are worse than I thought. Buxton’s positional sense has deserted him, Bryson and Russell were fighting on the pitch, and Hughes isn’t nearly as good as he was before his injury.

And Wassall totally out-thought by McFarland as well.

BWO.

1 hour ago, TelTheRam said:

I could have sworn that it was. 9-6 to dcfc on half time, but only 8-6 at the start of the second half.

Great night and loads of funny moments. Bryson & Russell had a few strong tackles on each other.

[scratches chin]

Obviously Taylor saved a certain goal.

It was good the way that the players and officials joined in with the spirit of it all. Exception being Butterfield who looked so serious all night, maybe he didn't want to be there or feels that a certain young blonde lad may be pushing him down the pecking order very soon. 

5 minutes ago, bcnram said:

It was good the way that the players and officials joined in with the spirit of it all. Exception being Butterfield who looked so serious all night, maybe he didn't want to be there or feels that a certain young blonde lad may be pushing him down the pecking order very soon. 

Yeah Butterfield, Weimann and Camara didn't knw what to do.

Johnson looked bloody awful. At one point I thought he was doing things badly for a laugh. 

14 minutes ago, sage said:

Yeah Butterfield, Weimann and Camara didn't knw what to do.

Johnson looked bloody awful. At one point I thought he was doing things badly for a laugh. 

I've felt like that in his proper first team appearances to be fair.

Archived