On a brighter note.

ColonelBlimp

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes he played well when he came on and created a bit of excitement compared to the dribble we had just seen previously. He has got speed , can take a player on and get to the goal line and whip a cross in , something we have been lacking all season. If only he had started !

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

He did yesterday and against reading. I guess that's not a clear enough indication to some fans. 

You said still, not has. You have no idea what he's thinking right now. Camara has just joined, I'm sure most would have been shocked if he had started on Saturday. Apart from you of course.

Christie along with Thorne has been one of our better players along with the CBs for weeks now.

Having said that, Chrisitie had one of his poorest games in my opinion. His confidence was deserting him second half, as their full back managed to stop him every time and Christie wasnt getting any change out of him.

Hopefully he can start creating things for our forwards when he gets his chance, looks a liability defensively from seeing the third goal mind. A few people having a pop at Warnock yesterday and it seems who ever is playing LW leaves him 2 v 1!

53 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Ince right, Camara left, Butters in the middle a Chrissy up front?

Weimann instead of Ince? Maybe we need Andreas' workrate?

Ince has become to predictable , all he wants to do is cut in along the 18 yard line . He needs to do a lot more !

7 minutes ago, Chilwellram said:

Ince has become to predictable , all he wants to do is cut in along the 18 yard line . He needs to do a lot more !

So one footed it's untrue, maybe a spell on the left might shake it up a bit, at least he could go down the outside and put balls in.

Honestly? I don't think Camara actually did anything particularly commendable yesterday.

I don't think he outright beat a man once - he did a few stepovers in front of the opposition player, got nowhere with it and resorted to blasting the ball a bit aimlessly into the box from deep a few times, but that was about it.

Hopefully he's got more in him than I've seen from his 2 Championship cameos so far.

As for Ince he's consistently shown that he struggles to link up the play with Martin, or anyone else for that matter. He might cover a lot of ground but unless it results in him having a shot then he rarely does anything of any consequence with it.

He hardly sees the play around him at all and so instinctive first time passing isn't his forte and his defensive work purely reactionary - you could argue that he's a winger/striker and seeing the danger posed by the opposition in advance should be Christie's job, but we all know that isn't Christie's strength either!

Only player to get round them and stretch them. He did it 3 or 4 times, beat his man everytime in 15 mins or so, Russell and Ince didn't do it at all. 

His crossing was alright too, he shanked one, but he put two dangerous crosses in. The only downside was the cross for the third goal, he totally sold himself, their player got to the byline and crossed unchallenged. 

Bottom line is he needs to start, he's raw, but at the moment he's the only player with any spark and ability to put the opposition in the back foot and not cut inside and lose the ball like Ince and Russell. He would also help change our pedestrian style, with some much needed pace and urgency. 

41 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Honestly? I don't think Camara actually did anything particularly commendable yesterday.

I don't think he outright beat a man once - he did a few stepovers in front of the opposition player, got nowhere with it and resorted to blasting the ball a bit aimlessly into the box from deep a few times, but that was about it.

Hopefully he's got more in him than I've seen from his 2 Championship cameos so far.

Well, I had a perfect view from the North Stand and he was really good I thought, Brum had to double up on him a few times.

3 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Ince right, Camara left, Butters in the middle a Chrissy up front?

Weimann instead of Ince? Maybe we need Andreas' workrate?

This. I would keep Ince in if playing Camara, at the moment teams double up on Ince but that won't be so easy if Camara is running rings around his fullback, the opposition could face the dilemma of having to decide which winger to double up on, leaving more space for the other. 

Also the fact that Camara seems to be the only player capable of getting to the byline and crossing might be good for Ince getting on the end of these crosses given Ince's ability to strike the ball. 

Archived