On a brighter note.

ColonelBlimp

1 hour ago, Ramarena said:

This. I would keep Ince in if playing Camara, at the moment teams double up on Ince but that won't be so easy if Camara is running rings around his fullback, the opposition could face the dilemma of having to decide which winger to double up on, leaving more space for the other. 

Also the fact that Camara seems to be the only player capable of getting to the byline and crossing might be good for Ince getting on the end of these crosses given Ince's ability to strike the ball. 

wont make a difference as long as we keep trying to play through teams and don't have a viable long pass option. No reason for teams to stop sitting in two high lines which we find hard to break down.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He did look good going forward, but these tricky foreign players with zero experience of the championship tend to be lacking the discipline required to track back, cover the full backs when they overlap etc

Not saying he can't do that - as we haven't had a chance to see yet, but it's a massive gamble and you can absolutely see why Clement would prefer to start with Russell (who has an immense workrate)

The fact he beat him man a couple of times and put in some crosses is only really part of it. And that's why Clement is a manager and you lot are all short-sighted crazies.

You really think we should risk starting someone whose defensive capabilities are unproven against Burnley??

1 hour ago, StivePesley said:

He did look good going forward, but these tricky foreign players with zero experience of the championship tend to be lacking the discipline required to track back, cover the full backs when they overlap etc

Not saying he can't do that - as we haven't had a chance to see yet, but it's a massive gamble and you can absolutely see why Clement would prefer to start with Russell (who has an immense workrate)

The fact he beat him man a couple of times and put in some crosses is only really part of it. And that's why Clement is a manager and you lot are all short-sighted crazies.

You really think we should risk starting someone whose defensive capabilities are unproven against Burnley??

Pretty much every description of Camara from France lists his defensive work as one of his strongest attributes, and when asked by Owen Bradly to describe the kind player he is, he listed enjoying the defensive side before anything else.

He's quick, and can beat a man but from what I've seen so far and from every report I've read from France, it's his crossing and distribution that needs a lot of work - the tracking back isn't something he needs to improve as a pressing matter, and apparently is his greatest strength.

I'm willing to go on that above stereotypes of players who have weaknesses attributed to them for the crime of being born outside of the British Isles.

Archived